• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Third Hitbox "Gimp" on UpB

Magellan

Smash Cadet
No, I did not discover the technique that will make Roy viable. He's fun, not good. Now that that's out of the way, I was screwing around and something weird happened. I gimped a guy with reverse upb. There are three hitboxes that make up the sword. The furthest one has no fire and hits the opponent down a bit. The third hitbox is a good portion of the way INSIDE the second hitbox. This makes it really hard to actually hit. There isn't much hitsun (if any), but it could still be a gimp because nobody sees it coming. With a reverse, the hitboxes are thrown out once before he turns. I got it about 50% of the time just screwing around. If someone really wanted to practice the spacing, who knows, maybe they could pull it off more often. Just a weird thing I thought I'd share.

Sorry for no images or GIFs.

EDIT: It probably doesn't have a downward kb angle, just gravity I suppose. I don't think the hitbox gives any hitsun or kb.

Last edited:

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I posted about this a long time ago. I think I called it the Foot Blazer spike or something silly like that. It's really hard to pull off in game. But I've gotten it a couple of times. 20NoodleNoodle is coming.

Magellan

Smash Cadet
Right on. I wish there was less stigma towards this character. I see so much potential in him. No, he'll never be top tier or even mid-high tier. But NEW things can be done with him. I think it's creativity that makes this game so beautiful. Thanks for replying.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
I've pulled this off and am trying to do it consistently. It's really hard to do. I prefer the 3rd Up Side B spike over any other to be honest. Works as a situational edgeguard.

Top Bottom