• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thinking up stages is a SNAP!

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
I was just playing a new virtual console game and after I beat it I got to thinking wow this could make a great stage! if u haven't already guessed from the title the game was pokemon SNAP! It sounds like a stretch sure but here me out.

-You would go through the stage similar to the actual game riding on top of that yellow thinga ma bobber withoput the dome part. (or if u haven't played it -which u should- just picture how the Mute city stage from mellee worked, except you won't be stopping and there reall won't be any stage hazards) Maybe it's more like the Lylat system for Brawl only with one platform
-Now the question is how do we get through all 7 coursews in just one match, we'd either have to speed them up or not get through all courses. Or there's secret option number 3! As we've seen so far in the stages on the Dojo!! some take advantage of the Wiis internal clock (Yoshis island, Smashville, etc..). Where am I going with this u probably already know, notice how there are seven courses and seven days of the week, U could play one course per day. Beach stage monday, volcano wednesday, rainbow course sunday. It fits perfectly!
Or if u don't like that idea the wii could just generate a course at random. Either way the background and the scenery will be wonderful.
-The best part of this stage is you get to see tons of cameos from the first generation of Pokemon, that or they could completely redisign the courses to include some from every gewneration. Keep in mind that the pokemon won't be attacking u along the stage.
-The stage also gives homage to what I know lots of people consider a really great game

I no it's a stretch and I honestly don't see it happening but I thought it might be nice to see what u guys think. Please tell me, it honestly makes happy to hear from u guys. May ur criticism be constructive and your advice be creative.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
it wasn't represented in mellee (pokemon was not snap)
i thought it was pretty enetertaining for the 2 hours it took to take a picture of everything

Rodent23

Smash Cadet
Nah, I don't see it working because the yellow car thing is too small. Nice idea though.

AnimalCrosser

Smash Cadet
I agree, the Zero-One's too small, but it sounds like an excellent level anyway. Pokemon Snap's a great game.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Then make a "Zero Two" for the purpose of SSBB, which is basically a big moving stage.
Easy.
-DD

Puffs

Smash Ace
Pokemon Snap was a great game, but it wouldn't work too well as a stage.

Besides, look at Sakurai's record. We're not getting any decent Pokemon stages. Period.

Gladius

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I can't see fighting atop the Zero One. However, I do like the idea of internal clock utilization.

Top Bottom