• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thinking of taking up Pika as part of my mystic 7 <.<

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's a choice between Pikachu or Wolf.

Both have bad reputation for being spammy, and I want to help change that, but also don't want to take up 8 chars >.<

So, I know what Wolf has to offer, what does Pika offer ;)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pika is a mobile, small, powerful character that can be used in many ways. You should read the guide for all the information.

SuSa

Pika is a mobile, small, powerful character that can be used in many ways. You should read the guide for all the information.
Read it.

So far QuACk seems pretty trippy :dizzy: and looks great for mindgames if you can pull it off multiple times in a row.

I like the fact he can chaingrab xD (would be my only main that actually has a "chaingrab" rather then "I hope he slips on that banana again")

But I haven't really seen much on if b-sticking is helpful for Pika, and other general but helpful in situational areas for pika.

Just from guessing, I would think b-sticking would make QuACk'ing into a QuAcK much easier and you could potential travel like that for mindgames and setups.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
B-sticking would mainly be used for thunder mindgames if anything. Quick attack cancelling is pretty easy once you practice for a little bit. Watch vids of anther to see everything in use, especially camping.

SuSa

B-sticking would mainly be used for thunder mindgames if anything. Quick attack cancelling is pretty easy once you practice for a little bit. Watch vids of anther to see everything in use, especially camping.
I just made myself "lulz" during a match with my friends MK.

QuACk made them go "wth" the entire match :laugh: but my hands got tired..

Oh, not saying I can't do it well or consinstantly, its just hard on the hands after a while.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But QuACk is just quick attack, not even quick attack cancel. Quick attack without the cancel is pretty useless besides recovery.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I tried to use Pikachu but that...thing...never convinced me. Maybe b/c he gets killed by Wolfs dsmash @ sub 90%...j/k

Pika is a cool...thing...to learn 'cuz it's pretty good against Snake and QAC is nice too

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
Wolf has pros and cons. His moves do a good amount of damage, but they do not have very good knockback, lessening your ability to KO an opponent with damage under 100%. In most cases, I have found that your opponent needs to be at around 150% before wolf can get a KO. Wolf is the least powerful of the three Star Fox characters, but he is also the heaviest, making it harder for an opponent to KO Wolf. Some would say that evens out the lack of knockback in Wolf's attacks. Overall, Wolf is a good character, and you have to respect him.

Pika, on the other hand, is nearly the opposite of Wolf. You may ask yourself, "How did they stuff all of this power in to such a little dude?" Pika is packed with power. He can KO opponents at around 70% with ease. His Skullbash and the Thunder shockwave have ecellent knockback. In order to even out Pika's power, he is lightwieght. He is one of the lightest characters in the game and can be KO'd fairly easy. But Pika has amazing recovery. He can recover from very far away horizontally using Skullbash, and he can even recover from underneath a stage using Quick Attack. Combine all his traits and Pikachu can be a pain in the neck to deal with.

In my opinion:
Pika > Wolf

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ This is BS. Wolfs Dsmash is one of the most overpowered finishers in the game. It's lighning fast and kills opponents at amazingly low %. His knockback is also quite good

Overall I'd say Pika > Wolf but there so close...it doesn't matter. Pika is easier to play imo but Wolf is more rewarding

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
QAC isn't as big of a deal as everybody makes it out to be. Sure, it's useful, but against opponents who really know what their doing it becomes practically useless in an offensive way, so then you just use it to camp.

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
^ This is BS. Wolfs Dsmash is one of the most overpowered finishers in the game. It's lighning fast and kills opponents at amazingly low %.
Okay, sorry I missed ONE thing. I'm not perfect, you know...

QAC isn't as big of a deal as everybody makes it out to be. Sure, it's useful, but against opponents who really know what their doing it becomes practically useless in an offensive way, so then you just use it to camp.
I have to agree with you. I hardly ever use QAK for offense. It's just not that useful.

neji32

Smash Lord
I have to disagree. QAC can be used offensivly against any player. Its just about knowing when to use it. Fight anther more. You dont notice small stuff unless it was done to you

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Fight anther at all you mean, i've never played him. But also, im talking about offline where you have perfect reaction time, and don't get messed up by lag. The people i play against shut down my QACing unless its used defensively, in which case i didn't really use it against them, more for myself to get the hell away.

SuSa

I only use QAC rarely as an offensive, and only to retreat as well. My opponents haven't faced even a decent Pika, and it catches them off-guard.

Also, I play online far more then offline because I can't find a single tourney in Lancaster, CA >.< stupid desert!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
[cocky]Dude, i am too good for the guide
[/cocky]
I don't think i read all of it....

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
heh, QAC is what you pull out 2-3 times a match for offense... any more and your opponent reads it.

Its more for positioning, which is now super crucial.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
We have another pikachu user in these boards. All rejoice!!!! Now its up to like...9

tha_carter

Smash Ace
pika is not a very good online player....

But id wanna play your pika. I mean your other 237346543 characters are pretty good. lolll
He should be too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well yeah QAC is essential to pika's gameplay, but much more for defense more than offense IMO

SuSa

pika is not a very good online player....

But id wanna play your pika. I mean your other 237346543 characters are pretty good. lolll
He should be too.
Depends on the amount of lag.... people say the same for Lucas/Pit yet I never have a problem playing as them.

Yes lag makes PKT2 and arrow controlling impossible, SO DONT PLAY IN LAG :bee:

<.< I use everyone (cept Boozer and DK) but I'm making 7 my best and most powerful, then out of those 7, narrowing it down to 3-4 in time.

Top Bottom