• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Think Nintendo will "fix" Tournament mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtilizer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Subtilizer
The long awaited tourney has just come out and I personally think they screwed up bad. No offline, no 1v1 for player made, offical tourney has very few 1v1 for glory matches with each filling up so fast you need to wait 20 mins+ per entry, 3 min matches etc. Any ofyou guys think nintendo will change any of this? Or will we have to wait for the next big patch whenever that is

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
The quick fill ups will be fixed with time.
3 mins is probably a solution to people who won quickly having to wait a long time, but they should really add at least a minute.

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
I sure hope so, but after this embarassment I don't know what to expect from Nintendo anymore.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
If Online For fun doesn't have the option to switch stages, doesn't have the option for stock matches, option to play with customs, etc etc...

I doubt anything online is going to be fixed.

Point blank: Developers are taking a game with tons of amazing way to play, and disregarding all but a few of them... and those few are just terrible in a lot of people's eyes.

Just so frustraing to see so much potential for an online community go unfulfilled because of (IMO) terrible decisions. (

Subtilizer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Subtilizer
If Online For fun doesn't have the option to switch stages, doesn't have the option for stock matches, option to play with customs, etc etc...

I doubt anything online is going to be fixed.

Point blank: Developers are taking a game with tons of amazing way to play, and disregarding all but a few of them... and those few are just terrible in a lot of people's eyes.

Just so frustraing to see so much potential for an online community go unfulfilled because of (IMO) terrible decisions. (
Nintendo never really seemed to be a company that cared about their players when it comes to online play, they prioritize the younger crowd that won't see problems in their games while only giving minor updates for those who spot problems. It's a shame that it looks like they won't bring smash to its full online potential.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Prioritizing younger audiences that won't see problems in their online? Are you serious?

No...no, no. While Nintendo is indeed a "family friendly" company, they are simply just arrogant and not just ignorant when it comes to emphasizing on not relating to their competition. If anything, they prioritize local multiplayer over online - which is ironic in a sense when it comes to the lack of offline tourney in this installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom