• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you can do with Header

ThisisSakon

Smash Rookie
NNID
sakonworshiper
My first post on this site, so, hello I suppose! I made a video about a few things you can do by cancelling Wii Fit's header instead of hitting it.

List of characters I've found forward throw + header DOES NOT work on:
  • Diddy Kong
  • Shulk
  • Jigglypuff
If you know something I don't, or if I got anything wrong, please let me know! This was my first "informational" video, so I'm bound to make mistakes!

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Great stuff and excellent video! I just wonder how exactly I'm going to get that header cancel set up without being punished immediately.

ThisisSakon

Smash Rookie
NNID
sakonworshiper
Haha, yeah that's going to be tough! You could maybe cross up the ball out of a short hop/full hop or mix it up with a regular header? It's a strong setup but it's pretty punishable I know. I'm glad you liked it!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Salutations, Sakon~
Welcome to the WFTboards!

Great informational video!

Fancykong Fancykong is much more familiar with this tech than I am and could probably tell you if you missed anything.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

First off, great video. Succinct and had good presentation. And oddly enough, forward throw is harder for me to time than back throw/pummel.

I put most of this in the Advanced Technique (formerly Extreme Yoga) section a while back along with Macchiato Macchiato , I believe. Also it was discussed in the social forum. I've made a lot of quick demos showcasing her Header setups, so you can go on either the WFT subreddit, my YouTube (Fanciekong) or check out my vine account as I update with more setups. For example, you can combine the pummel into backthrow for more redonk stuff, or use jab for long range grab setups. https://vine.co/v/ePbJ5tIK6d5

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
At last! A youtube tutorial for Header Cancel! Nice editing btw. Hope you cover the other setups soon (angles, edgegarding options like Fancykong showcased a while ago,...). Hopefully more people will use it.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
this is really neat ^^ thank you sakon :) i've always known about header cancels but i can't find a good way to work them into my playstyle. i'll be working on it now though, you've inspired me xD

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Nice video and great effort put into it but this is no where near usefull in competitive play haha.

The only use for this is for maximum damage punishes against an early shieldbreak (10% pummel!!!)

Header cancel in uptilt and full charged ss is way more usefull (covers lots of space). Or header cancel near the ledge to get that raw hitbox header without the ball (for edgeguarding).

Last edited:

ThisisSakon

Smash Rookie
NNID
sakonworshiper
Thank you guys for all the input! Fancykong Fancykong I had no idea you two had done some extensive research already, I'll be sure to check that out!

Exegguter Exegguter But options are cool though, right? I'm sure you could mix up the regular header with a cancelled one to keep people guessing at least. Also, Wii Fit's meteor hit box on header covers her shoulders and back too, so rather than cancel a header at the ledge, just get in there! But remember to hit the ball away from the opponent ;)

Exegguter

Smash Lord
On another note: has anyone experimented with using the ball as a shield to safely charge a ss? Header cancel and standing behind the ball. I saw a wft on YouTube the other day and he was using it against a samus (the ball blocks a full charged shot).

Maybe this is usefull against robs that keep interrupting your charge?

Top Bottom