• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things to do vs ccc / downsmash spam

ccrackpot

Smash Rookie
Hey, hope iI'm right right here, since this isn't about a single character.

So, im strugglin a bit vs 2 friends ( who barely use and know advanced techniques), and did succesful for a while, but now they started to go samus/peach and spam ( they dont stand there and c-stick down, but in the very most situations) downsmash!

Maybe ppl go like wavedash back, wait and grab, or dashdance, bait downsmash and grab, but this doenst rly work for me.

Maybe im jsut too bad or too slow, but if peach gets 1-2 good downsmashes, I take like 50 and die soon.

+Peachs horicontal recovery is so strong.. ;)

Maybe someone can give me some advices. Im not rly maining a character, I like Jiggz, Marth, shiek,Falcon (in that direction) but I don't got "my" char yet.

thanks!;)

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'll give you the most easy-mode counters, but spamming them vs. CC spam just results in both of you guys spamming, so you'll have to combine these tools with general baits to get them to whiff with dsmash before you attack/grab them.

Jiggs: FH bair their dome -> drift away; FH empty land in front of them -> shield -> jump OoS into rest (more for Samus than Peach)
Marth: dtilt -> dash away; dair spike (low to the ground) -> grab
Sheik: run up -> shield; late fair -> shield; needle spam
Falcon: FH knee -> shield, dash away, grab, or jump and do another knee/stomp; FH stomp -> shield, grab, jump into another stomp/knee

The general key to beating CCCs is to either bait the counter and avoid it by moving or shielding, or avoid their CCC attack all together and use a move with good stun. Attacking lower to the ground will ensure they are stuck in stun long enough for you to get your shield up or do something else to avoid their CCC. If you are shielding the attacks but aren't punishing, you probably need to work on WDing OoS really quickly to get the grab punish.

Also, SDIing up as soon as you realize you're getting hit by Peach's dsmash will reduce how much damage you take. DIing downward when you get hit makes you take more damage and also sends you off stage at a bad angle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom