• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yo fonti

Chaco
Kary

Frozen Flame
Pythag
Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra)

Sabrar

BoomFrog
Malakandra
Dark Horse

Wam
LaserGuy

Somitomi

There has been a lack of town leadership in this game, which means someone who should be leading isn't town. If I die, do not let Laser, Dark Horse, Boom and Sabrar off the hook. Make them work for this.

If we kill Wam, and he flips scum, clear Sabrar. If Somi flips scum, do /not/ clear Dark Horse.

I feel strongly that the five greens are town, and that if you do not yeet them this game we will win. Remember to work with each other and listen to each other.
You say that there's a lack of town leadership this game, but the bolded message very much shows that you want to see yourself as a town leader. If you saw this gap in leadership, why didn't you step up and try to be a town leader earlier?

fontisian

Smash Champion
I spent the entire day thinking that somi was scummier than wam I'm not going to throw that away just because of some sus votes on somi.

1. I don't see anything until after you had voted somi, and even then, nothing big

2. I know the context that boomfrog is talking about and it felt very different. The AtE that mala did in midnight ops was more like a one time attempt to cast shade on zen's play. That's very different from the continuous back and forth thought process that he presented here. And even outside of EoD, I like his current direction.
1a. The was stuff before that.
1b. Even if there wasn't, why does the timing matter? I got suspicious of Somi at eod, I voted, then I wrote down why to get other people on board. What difference does writing it before voting make?

2. Maybe we're thinking of something different, because to me, in Midnight Ops, Mala felt super tonally town.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 2.1

Wam (2): Malakandra, Dark Horse
FrozenFlame (1): Synchronicity
Boomfrog (1): Kary

Not voting (7): fontisian, LaserGuy, Chaco, #HBC | FrozeηFlame, Pythag, BoomFrog, Wam
Day 2 Ends on Thursday the 17th at 5 PM CST. End of Day Countdown With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate

Last edited:

fontisian

Smash Champion
Yo fonti

You say that there's a lack of town leadership this game, but the bolded message very much shows that you want to see yourself as a town leader. If you saw this gap in leadership, why didn't you step up and try to be a town leader earlier?
I don't know you. I don't know most of the people in this game well at all, not compared to my homesite, where I play with people I've played dozens of games with. I do not feel comfortable trying to take complete control of this game when I do have the knowledge base to back it up and when I don't have strong scumreads to help push things. I'll dismantle attacks on people I'm strongly townreading, like I did with Frozen. And if I feel sure of a scum, I will make the yeet happen. But I'm not there, and in this game, where so many people know each better than I know them and where so many people can be good leaders, I don't think I should have to step up and be the town leader.

Further, it's not what I'm good at. In Midnight Ops, after catching Frozen, my main mistake was getting too invested in leading instead of reassessing and figuring out the scumteam. I do not intend to repeat that mistake here.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you look back at Midnight, Mala lacked depth. You could see that there reads were being pushed from TMI. I haven’t compared the two yet, but ultimately that was one of the things that finally pinged me about them. And the lack of emotion in supposedly emotionally charged posts. I need to look back there, but since meta of him in Midnight is being discussed that’s the two tells that got him from my perspective.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
1a. The was stuff before that.
1b. Even if there wasn't, why does the timing matter? I got suspicious of Somi at eod, I voted, then I wrote down why to get other people on board. What difference does writing it before voting make?

2. Maybe we're thinking of something different, because to me, in Midnight Ops, Mala felt super tonally town.
1a. You're going to have to pull up some quotes because I'm searching your posts and I don't see anything that sticks out to me as a signifigant somi scum read. I see a lot of you talking about other people's somi reads but not much about your read on somi itself.
1b. Timing makes a huge difference, how is this a question? Statements from before that show you had intent to vote somi means that you aren't just jumping on somi when the moment seems right. It's really easy to place a vote and then retroactively justify it. It's another thing to show consistent intent.

2. I was specifically talking about the "Screams into the void" post that boomfrog mentioned

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian at what point did you first think I was townie? please point to a specific post.
Several posts together:
Do you have any reads? Or are you just biding your time to vote Wam at end of Day?

This may come as news but I don't read a game very closely when I already know everyone's alignments. I would say frozen in completely vanilla was super confident in things, he had a clear agenda, and his activity came in short bursts. I don't see any of those things here.

Why don't you spell out the similarities that you think are scummy? Because so far you've said "he's forgotten how to play town" which means nothing, and then echoed the problems I had in 227 in your 266.
Because I voted him in RVS and he hasn't really done anything to change my mind. And I haven't felt that voting for anyone in my bottom 3 actually helps me sort them better.
Vote: Synchronicity

The more i think about it i feel like your play is meant to leave a big impression without actually doing anything. quibbling with frozen over RVS stuff ten pages later is not very decisive from you and your vote is wasted and meaningless on me. Do something.
Why do you feel the need to ask permission before voting someone?

So when do we get to hear what you think?
These to me suggest you know what you're doing.

This to me reads like amateur hour. These questions seem naive and mostly useless, the vote is somewhere between naked omgus and a pet peeve.

I know the consensus is you get killed D1 regardless of alignment but my takeaway from this is you're acting new, and trying to fit in.
Somitomi

I really didn’t like this post due to the middle line. Does not at all seem genuine. Seems altruistic and empty. -1

Once again a call on the wagons which isn’t necessary, but provides nothing to further content. -1

At least like the fact here that Somi is starting to interject and question things. +

Again with the unnecessary outspoken appeal to towniness regarding over use of votes etc. it just does not feel genuine. -

Further questioning of response to Gorf v DH. At this time the only content brought forward has been about them and random jabs at wagons. Town points for following up. +

The bottom part of this post is actually good. It leaves a stance on Wam, FF, and myself. But what I notice here again is a small upon the voting, which I’m finding more weird. Town points for establishing thoughts. +1

I don’t really like the top here. Once again I feel like it lacks a certain inflection I’m looking for. However, Somi is correct for questioning this because their content has been minimal, so then points. +

Continuing to follow up on previous points.+1

Overall Score: +2

Conclusion: Somi has had minimal content this game and seems to focus on the same slots every time that they post. I would like to see them branch out and put a full game evaluation. I really dislike all the focus at the beginning on trying to seemingly gain some favor from their call outs of the RVS wagons. It’s RVS so those posts were just completely unnecessary. Interested in what connections are present due to focus on Gorf/Font and DH slots. I need a lot more from Somitomi to feel comfortable here, especially after they lurked to victory last game. Although they ended on a positive scoring, I dont feel as if it supersedes the beginning of game appeals that just left me feeling odd about the slot.

Vote: Somitomi
Vote: Chaco

Doing a post-by-post only to swerve and disagree with your own analysis is bad enough the first time.
You're trying SO hard to save yourself while also avoiding Wam for wishy-washy reasons. It seems to good to be true if you're both buddies but this is just comically bad from you at this stage Chaco, and it is increasingly obvious that you've had a cautious, scared, self-interested scum mindset all game.
Over the course of an hour, you voted two people (Syn, Chaco), and attacked four other (Sabrar, Wam, Boomfrog and me). Your last vote on Chaco was an immediate reaction to his Somi case, and while I disagree with your logic, I can understand why you felt like you caught something. You clearly do not care about pissing people off, and are striking out wherever and whenever you see things that ping you. You go after targets people are townreading and scumreading and who are stronger and weaker players without differentiating. You have no agenda, you are just trying to figure this out, albeit in a rough way, and that makes you town.

fontisian

Smash Champion
1a. You're going to have to pull up some quotes because I'm searching your posts and I don't see anything that sticks out to me as a signifigant somi scum read. I see a lot of you talking about other people's somi reads but not much about your read on somi itself.
1b. Timing makes a huge difference, how is this a question? Statements from before that show you had intent to vote somi means that you aren't just jumping on somi when the moment seems right. It's really easy to place a vote and then retroactively justify it. It's another thing to show consistent intent.

2. I was specifically talking about the "Screams into the void" post that boomfrog mentioned
Or, I have changing reads, and I scumread Somi when he did something scummy. Sticking with reads from the beginning of the Day to the End is more of a scum thing, because they don't have to reassess.

I can get quotes.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Mala's case sucks because it's based on the premise that Wam is mafia and his scumteam must have been trying to save him. Which 1. I don't know that Wam is mafia and 2. I don't know Wam is mafia, so if he is, I, and every other town on Somi didn't know we were supposed to vote Wam. And considering that Somi completely fell off after being accused, I don't blame for voting him. Except maybe Boom, with his whole wavering dance between Wam and Somi.
I actually don't understand what this is supposed to say. Did you mean to make the same point twice.

Besides, my case is more on synchronicity who honestly at this point I'm even more sure on. Idk about how much you buss, but I do know Xivii is quiet proud of the fact he never busses, and he tries hard to save scumbuds. and that whole EoD shift to Somi looks like one big thing of Synchronicity trying to save a buddy like Xivii did in Sumting with Z.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I actually don't understand what this is supposed to say. Did you mean to make the same point twice.

Besides, my case is more on synchronicity who honestly at this point I'm even more sure on. Idk about how much you buss, but I do know Xivii is quiet proud of the fact he never busses, and he tries hard to save scumbuds. and that whole EoD shift to Somi looks like one big thing of Synchronicity trying to save a buddy like Xivii did in Sumting with Z.
Yes.

You're making a case that Wam is scum because Wam is scum. It's circular. If Wam is town, then Xivii voting Somi over him isn't scummy.

And even if Wam is scum, the people voting Somi can't all be scum, and that shouldn't be your only reason for thinking they are.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I don't know you. I don't know most of the people in this game well at all, not compared to my homesite, where I play with people I've played dozens of games with. I do not feel comfortable trying to take complete control of this game when I do have the knowledge base to back it up and when I don't have strong scumreads to help push things. I'll dismantle attacks on people I'm strongly townreading, like I did with Frozen. And if I feel sure of a scum, I will make the yeet happen. But I'm not there, and in this game, where so many people know each better than I know them and where so many people can be good leaders, I don't think I should have to step up and be the town leader.

Further, it's not what I'm good at. In Midnight Ops, after catching Frozen, my main mistake was getting too invested in leading instead of reassessing and figuring out the scumteam. I do not intend to repeat that mistake here.
I get that feeling because I also dislike trying to become the town leader if I'm not confident enough in my current situation. But like I haven't played with half of this playerlist, and the other half I haven't played with in years. This is my first mafia game on DGames since 2018, and I barely count that game because that was a incredibly unbalanced role madness setup that basically solved itself. Outside of that you'd probably have to go back to like 2014 for a game here. So when you try to say that I should be stepping into the town leadership role when you don't really know my situation at all, it feels like a very baseless accusation.

Or, I have changing reads, and I scumread Somi when he did something scummy. Sticking with reads from the beginning of the Day to the End is more of a scum thing, because they don't have to reassess.

I can get quotes.
I'm not saying that you have to stick to the same reads the whole day, I'm saying that I think it looks better if you have reasoning for a vote before you vote that person, especially when that person just flipped town and there were multiple sus votes on it. This isn't really rocket science.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Yes.

You're making a case that Wam is scum because Wam is scum. It's circular. If Wam is town, then Xivii voting Somi over him isn't scummy.

And even if Wam is scum, the people voting Somi can't all be scum, and that shouldn't be your only reason for thinking they are.
I'll get back to this later, gtg for now, playing some among us.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I get that feeling because I also dislike trying to become the town leader if I'm not confident enough in my current situation. But like I haven't played with half of this playerlist, and the other half I haven't played with in years. This is my first mafia game on DGames since 2018, and I barely count that game because that was a incredibly unbalanced role madness setup that basically solved itself. Outside of that you'd probably have to go back to like 2014 for a game here. So when you try to say that I should be stepping into the town leadership role when you don't really know my situation at all, it feels like a very baseless accusation.

I'm not saying that you have to stick to the same reads the whole day, I'm saying that I think it looks better if you have reasoning for a vote before you vote that person, especially when that person just flipped town and there were multiple sus votes on it. This isn't really rocket science.
To the first part, that's fair, I'll retract that point against you.

To the second, I just disagree with your whole pov.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You're going to have to really sell me on this differing point of view because I feel like the idea that "EoD votes are less sus when they were justified before rather than after the vote" is a pretty uncontroversial opinion.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You're going to have to really sell me on this differing point of view because I feel like the idea that "EoD votes are less sus when they were justified before rather than after the vote" is a pretty uncontroversial opinion.
It's a bad opinion.

As scum, if I need my vote to be somewhere at eod, I am fully capable of doing the groundwork to make the transition look natural. As town, I don't care about how natural my progression looks, I care about whether it's right, which means it's going to be more erratic.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Having read some of Somi's posts in Completely Vanilla, I absolutely would have still yeeted them here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I would appreciate if someone could talk about exactly /how/ Frozen changed his style in Vanilla.

I'm reading things like this:
imo it's pretty obvious that from a scum perspective, you'd ideally want to pocket town slots that have a good chance at clearing themselves or atleast making it to endgame. if the person you're pocketing is dead and not helping your scum voting block you aren't really getting much bang for your buck as a tradeoff for essentially helping town confirm a slot

really want to hear the answer to this Chaco Chaco

I dont think I saw an answer to this going into page 4 @UtopianPoyzin, what was your thought process here?

unpack this please

UP and Boom seem to have the same read on Xiviii with this "wrong but town" approach, an interesting synergy to say the least

UP what exactly is he "reading too far into?" this defense just reeks of an attempt to deflect attention

how did we get a 3DSNinja redux in literally the next game?

cosigning all of this, though I think Xivii has clearly demonstrated that darkpit "doesnt get it" either so to me somi/darkpit/mercuri are all yeetable right now
And it feels very similar to the issues I had with him in Midnight Ops. Long, commentary type posts that seem reasonable but don't really dig into anything or challenge the status quo. Not emotional, not trying to drive things, not reaching out to people like he's reached out to me here.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
It's a bad opinion.

As scum, if I need my vote to be somewhere at eod, I am fully capable of doing the groundwork to make the transition look natural. As town, I don't care about how natural my progression looks, I care about whether it's right, which means it's going to be more erratic.
At that point you're just getting into WIFOM.

Unless you've been sussing the whole playerlist than your options for voting come EoD will be far less if you choose to stick to only voting people you've previously justified. Scum want that EoD optionality, town cares less because they're more concerned with being right.

If anything somi being a last minute switch further exposes your play with that reasoning, because somi likely wouldn't have been on your radar of possible yeets so you wouldn't have been able to properly plan unlike if we kept the Frozen/Chaco wagons going. Like I was scumreading somi for most of the day and I was still pretty surprised that she ended up being the play.

fontisian

Smash Champion
At that point you're just getting into WIFOM.

Unless you've been sussing the whole playerlist than your options for voting come EoD will be far less if you choose to stick to only voting people you've previously justified. Scum want that EoD optionality, town cares less because they're more concerned with being right.

If anything somi being a last minute switch further exposes your play with that reasoning, because somi likely wouldn't have been on your radar of possible yeets so you wouldn't have been able to properly plan unlike if we kept the Frozen/Chaco wagons going. Like I was scumreading somi for most of the day and I was still pretty surprised that she ended up being the play.
You don't seem to be interested in what I'm saying, so, I'm just going to let this drop. If need be, we can come back to this later.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Like I feel like there was way more discussion of yeeting any of frozen/wam/chaco while somi was basically a last minute push that was harder to predict. If your thesis is that "Scum can plan where they'll vote ahead of EoD," then it would make sense that scum wouldn't be thinking about a somi yeet and therefore couldn't effectively plan ahead for that particular play.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Like I feel like there was way more discussion of yeeting any of frozen/wam/chaco while somi was basically a last minute push that was harder to predict. If your thesis is that "Scum can plan where they'll vote ahead of EoD," then it would make sense that scum wouldn't be thinking about a somi yeet and therefore couldn't effectively plan ahead for that particular play.
Except Somi was last minute push that /I/ started. You're describing it like this unforeseeable event, but if I was scum, I would have seen it coming because I made it happen. And if I didn't see it coming, scum!me could have laid the groundwork to go somewhere else instead.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Except Somi was last minute push that /I/ started. You're describing it like this unforeseeable event, but if I was scum, I would have seen it coming because I made it happen. And if I didn't see it coming, scum!me could have laid the groundwork to go somewhere else instead.
Yeah I guess I can't say that you were completely blindsided by the lynch, I got ahead of myself there. I could still claim that you could have thought that the somi wagon wasn't going to take off but at that point it's getting more into "what if" wagon conjecture. I still think your main point relies on wifom, so I'm not going to start TRing you for it, but I guess your vote is less sus than boomfrog or wam's. That's not saying much tho.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
why do people constantly attack me like this? like I have some venerable legacy I have to live up to in order to be even considered to be town? I'm just doing what I try to do every game that I'm town, play to my wincon, attune my play to my role appropriately based on risk assessment, and use my vote in the most pro town way possible by helping other townies yeet scum. if I'm not feeling confident about any reads, I'm going to support the slots I think have the strongest scumdar at the time. I know it looks lame and weak to do so, but sometimes you have to swallow your pride and follow the slot you think has the solve, and sometimes that slot isnt you. attacks like this make it feel like I have to play arrogantly at all times
I have been in this spot so many ****ing times on my homesite. This is what it feels like to have unreasonable ****ing expectations foisted on you when you're just town trying to do your damn best.
There's a huge difference between trying your best and failing (see: Xivii in Completely Vanilla) and sheeping whatever wagon becomes available on Day 1. Also Frozen you haven't been town since you've been back so our reasoning has been valid so far. You don't have to play aggressively, but stuff like

"You're playing so differently I just wanna gut read you town, oh wait I guess you could just be playing differently"
"Fonti is town reading me, so there's no possible way she can be scum ever"
"It's Day 1 and Fonti clearly has the solve despite not posting anything of substance all phase gotta humble myself and sheep her"

is not townie.

Reactions: Wam

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Yes.

Wam is scum for all the reasons I and others were sus of him yesterday, add on the fact that as soon as a confirmed town and killed Sabrar tried to start up the wagon, that had support expressed by a lot of people but no votes, all of a sudden a new wagon forms with people jumping on it who previously expressed sus of wam.

And yes I agree that not everyone voting somi can be scum ofc, but theres no way there were none on there, there might have been one on Wam, but I'm much more confident that there were more on Somi. Thats why I ordered who I thought was most likely. Synchronicity is the most likely to be scum if Wam is scum, and honestly at this point I'm even more sus of Synch, but I know they can argue cases better than me, and I'm more likely to get people to join with me if they through the steps with me. As much as I'd love to go all out on Synch today, going for Wam is probably the smarter play here. I've learned my lesson from sumting. I'll take victory over a pity donut any day.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
And Xivii's me/Frozen read feels kind of insane? Like, if Frozen's mafia, he's going out of his way to keep me pocketed, and Xivii seems aware of that. And Frozen's response is way better than Xivii's accusation, and I don't think that's just my bias speaking.
The fact that you really believe he thinks you're 0% scum simply because you're town reading him is absurd.

And if the two-team hypothesis is correct then of course it's in your best interests to hard town read each other. It's also why Mala is keeping Laser off the books.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Wam is scum for all the reasons I and others were sus of him yesterday, add on the fact that as soon as a confirmed town and killed Sabrar tried to start up the wagon, that had support expressed by a lot of people but no votes, all of a sudden a new wagon forms with people jumping on it who previously expressed sus of wam.

And yes I agree that not everyone voting somi can be scum ofc, but theres no way there were none on there, there might have been one on Wam, but I'm much more confident that there were more on Somi. Thats why I ordered who I thought was most likely. Synchronicity is the most likely to be scum if Wam is scum, and honestly at this point I'm even more sus of Synch, but I know they can argue cases better than me, and I'm more likely to get people to join with me if they through the steps with me. As much as I'd love to go all out on Synch today, going for Wam is probably the smarter play here. I've learned my lesson from sumting. I'll take victory over a pity donut any day.
Outline the bolded reasons for me, in your own words, as quickly as you can, please.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Outline the bolded reasons for me, in your own words, as quickly as you can, please.
I know the quickly as you can part is ruined, I was taking a shower, believe me or don't.

Wam is scum because his readslist had reasoning for slots that was unoriginal, Xivii caught me with this in midnight, and when I saw his readslist I was immediately reminded of that. Most of his stances were just following other people, and he struggled saying specifically why he followed those cases.

As for the others I remember Sabrar talking about people not wanting to vote Wam even though he was on a lot of peoples sus lists.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
It's also why Mala is keeping Laser off the books.
All I can remember Laser guy doing yesterday was giving me towny point for my entrance, tunneling Chaco, and voting Wam at EoD. Tunneling Chaco was the only thing that was interesting out of that, but as I pointed out in this post I was going to wait to see the follow up to make my decision. Still waiting.

Mala, somi, and Laser are all looking bad right now.
I also find it crazy you say this, one flips town, and from what I can tell a lot of your sus on me was from me doing similar stuff to Somi, and you don't even reconsider or look at something else, you just keep trudging one. It's not natural.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
One scum tell / irrationality tell is the use of of vague language like this which you keep doing. There was one thing that was similar between you and somi not "a lot" and the way you responded was very different. Somi admitted that he fell into a cognitive trap and was wrong, whereas you continued to try and justify your claim and had to make something up. I should have unvoted somi as soon as he retracted and recognized he was being fallacious. That's on me.

So from a skim that's three times you've used vague language to make something appear more numerous than is in order to justify your position:

"inaccuracies" > only one (subjective) inaccuracy
"all the reasons I and others" > lists one reason when called out on it
"a lot of your sus" > one suspicion

Anyone that thinks Mala is super town (looking at you Dark Horse) please see Synchronicity in Lab 8 for scumdar repair.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Okay, easy part:

FoS: Chaco
I still think there's an extremely good chance of a scum flip here. I had some concerns related to how vacuous Chaco's content was as described in my early case in #172. I demonstrated later in #548 that Chaco's subsequent content includes massive hedging and reeks of TMI. Chaco made no attempt to explain or defend himself, and the main points remain unaddressed by those trying to defend him. I am deeply frustrated that the EoD yeet came down to the choice between Chaco's scumreads. I am happy to vote here at any point.

That said, I think I'd rather spend some time today looking at another slot that has been looking very suspicious, namely Synchronicity.

Synchro spends a lot of time talking about RVS votes, and well beyond when the rest of the thread has moved on. E.g. #370, #426, #428. There is very little substantiated content at any point in this iso that isn't RVS up until the big case on Kary in #564 is looking at RVS. Now, this isn't necessarily damning, but it does seem to me that Synchro was intentionally avoiding attempt to engage with the thread and focused heavily on issues that, on balance, I feel fairly trivial. Things like this post where Synchronicity is scumreading Kary for commenting on one reference to an old game but not another strike me as extremely dubious and not the kind of thing that players of Xivii/bessie's caliber would be seriously contemplating several hundred posts later. There's no progression. Everything is very stagnant.

The Kary sandwich post itself is... pretty bad. Kary has kind of already gone through this and explained why most of this does not pass muster. I may go through this at some point in a subsequent post, but what interests me more is how they push this huge case showing Kary to be scum, then immediately jump to somitomi without really making any serious effort to persuade anyone to join their preferred yeet. I think there's a sort of complacency about this vote as well. Xivii in particular is usually pushing a variety of different wagons and testing people's motivation in EoD, and bessie, as Town, will usually stubbornly vote her strongest scumread regardless of the EoD shenanigans unless it is to avoid a split vote. Other than a few very half-hearted suggestions of lynching a couple of people at random, Sync pretty much just plonks on somitomi and rides it to the end. Kary is never seriously suggested at any later point. This read just does not come across as genuinely motivated.

Moving on to today...

So it seems this is probably Midnight 2.0. The scumteam is within Laser, Mala, Frozen, and Fonti.
What happened to Kary? Interesting. But seriously, this list is sufficiently awful I thought it was a joke. I would probably describe this list, plus Kary (possibly minus fonti who I have a lot of reservations about), as the people who seem to be actively scumhunting and doing the most to move the game forward.

Mala is obvscum from this post. It's so fake. Along with his inability to follow up properly on his "inaccuracies" statement here. As opposed to somi who was just like "yea you're right," Mala was scrambling for an answer, and came up with something that makes no sense.
I don't really see anything scummy in terms of Malakandra's reply. Mala also said that he had difficulty digging up quotes on mobile and would get back to this later if it was important, so this comes across as extremely uncharitable (there's a similar example below with me later). Malakandra's struggle to decide between the two wagons at end of day comes across as very genuine, as does Mala's push on Frozen and general temperament.

Frozen is obvscum obvscum. It's actually pretty silly that we didn't yeet him yesterday looking back on it. Frozen has been TMI reading people all over the place. Such as his TMI town read of somi early on and his backtrack.

Thinking through everything, the way Fonti and Frozen have been treating each other is highly buddy indicative. Frozen assigning Fonti as 0% scum and that not drawing any attention to her is incredibly suspect. Additionally, Fonti seems to be blind to how obvscum Frozen is. It's all so fake.
Frozen's townread on fonti is completely irrational, but this interaction does not strike me as a buddy interaction at all. Contrast Frozen's interactions with me, Raxxal, Malakandra and somitomi in his recent scum games. Frozen is much more careful to keep his distance even if he's Townreading his buddies. I think his puppy love of fonti is genuine, but stupid.

Laser's push and tunnel on Chaco is bad.
How so? You haven't commented at all on my case in #548. You (and bessie, certainly) should also know that tunnels are not scum indicative for me, regardless of how good (or bad) the case may be. I can point you to a LOT of examples. As can bessie.

Didn't like his brush off of the Kary case either.
As I said, in that very post, and in a little bit earlier, I was travelling on Friday and was only able to post sporadically on mobile. As much as I may have wanted to comment on your case in more detail, it wasn't practical for me to do so at the time.

His early premature town reads of Mala and somi were super scummy too.
I do this all the time. We spent the better part of D1 in B99 arguing about my lockTown read on Vicarin off of his confirmation post (I was wrong about Vic but we were both Town, as you'll recall). I dropped Town leans on a bunch of people, including you, Mala and 3DS in the first couple of pages of SS. I'm really struggling to see how the person who wrote the above comments about me is the same person who wrote this.

tl;dr: Synchronicity has been making some extremely dubious reads that I honestly I struggle to find a sensible Town motivation for. I think it's very likely that this slot is going to flip scum, and this slot is much more dangerous that scum!Chaco, I feel.

Vote: Synchronicity

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
so it seems this is probably Sumting Sumting 2 electric boogaloo, The scumteam is within Fonti, Synchonicty (Xivii, Bessie), Sabrar, Wam, FF, Chaco (but probably those first three.

Alright fine, I'll make my own accusatory post format.

Anyway, Wam is the play today 100%. It gives us so much juicy info.
I don't think Wam needs to be (should be) the play at all here. Pretty much the only thing I agree with Synchronicity about at the moment is that there's a good chance both wagons are Town. Yeeting for info is a losing strategy.

why boomfrog such a town read? My instinct is telling me to look harder at that slot given EoD1

also why not talk about my fonti read now? Again, you know my read is predicated on me thinking it would be insane for gorf's slot, that I was attacking, to completely 180 upon fonti's entry, especially given there's no way in hell that fonti is intimidated by me pressuring her slot considering she's 1 for 1 against me in wagon slapdowns. if there's something you think I'm missing or not understanding about scum!fonti's likely calculus there I'm all ears. at this juncture though I'm more inclined to believe that font, like me, was just wrong on somi. somi wasn't bringing a lot to the table by EoD and fit the coaster scum profile
Why wouldn't scum!fonti want to pocket you to reduce pressure on her slot?

Boomfrog is up there because I don't think scum switches onto Somi last moment like that if they know that slot is innocent. He could have voted Somi ealier, since he was one of the last to switch votes from you on the final two wagons. Willing to re-eval later.
I think Boom is only Town here if wam is in fact mafia. If both wagons are Town, Boom's decision is NAI-to-slightly scummy.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
The fact that you really believe he thinks you're 0% scum simply because you're town reading him is absurd.

And if the two-team hypothesis is correct then of course it's in your best interests to hard town read each other. It's also why Mala is keeping Laser off the books.
When was the last time there was a closed setup multiball game on DGames?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Caught up overnight:
Boom could be scum, especially if Laser isn't.
Why does town!Laser imply scum!Boom? I don't follow the logic.
**** it

Vote: Somi
Why did you make this vote at this time?

My notes say that Malak has townie tone, Gorf/fonti is town and if Dark Horse is scum then Gorf must be scum which together with the previous must mean that Dark Horse is town as well.
Since Sabrar can't answer, can anyone channel his spirit and guess why is scum!Gorf required for scum!Darkhorse?

wam self-pres doesn't change much but i still don't like it
aaaand somi self pres as well
Why did self pres votes feel scummy when we are 30 min from deadline and exactly tied votes?

My brain it telling my to yeet Somi but my heart is telling me to yeet Wam.
I regret not forcing you to choose before I revealed my changed preference. Tell me more about what you were thinking when deciding between the two wagons.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame This is going to get way too meta, but it will help my read of you. Could you explain your thoughts on my progression on you D1?

fontisian fontisian Who did you think was most likely to be eliminated N1? Top 3 picks.

Top Bottom