• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Malakandra

Smash Lord
RIP

so it seems this is probably Sumting Sumting 2 electric boogaloo, The scumteam is within Fonti, Synchonicty (Xivii, Bessie), Sabrar, Wam, FF, Chaco (but probably those first three.

Alright fine, I'll make my own accusatory post format.

Anyway, Wam is the play today 100%. It gives us so much juicy info.

For instance:
Okay, let's see who means it.

Unvote
Vote: wam
Sabrar makes this, then immediately after

Vote: Somi
Fonti drops this vote on Somi, and synchonicity follows up soon after, which is funny because their post immediately before voting Somi is
Vote: somitomi
When they FoS Wam, they thought it was fine since it seemed the Chaco and FF wagons were gonna stay up, then Sabrar changed things and they had to scramble. They knew Sabrar was going to point out the weirdness today, so they killed him.

Unvote: Wam
Vote: Somitomi
Frozen who was willing to yeet Wam most of the day just switches, with the excuse of trusting Fonti.

I just don't want to lynch wam.
Xivii famously doesn't buss, and was doing everything he could to save his teammate.

Voting Wam out here gives us so much info, and us likely to hit scum.

Vote: Wam

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Also, if Wam flips scum we know Pythag is good, which I already suspect, because he jumped on Wam immediately, it also would move Laser and Boom up, but they jumped on later.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Unwilling to Yeet:
Pythag
Boomfrog

Kary

Maybe willing to yeet:
Dark Horse
Laser

Chaco
FF

Fonti
Want to yeet immensely:
Synchronicity

Wam

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why out of those would you assume the lynch was between somi and myself? Unless that was a plan being discussed.
where did I assume the lynch was between you and somi? you are literally inventing this assumption and saying I made it. I asked the question of how I was a better yeet than either you or somi because frankly you are and still remain better yeets than me. absolutely gross that you would try to frame it like this

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Why sheep font? even if they were 100% confirmed town they could still be wrong? WHy do you want to sheep them? Also I find openly stating sheeping being missed given the amount of flak I caught for sheeping![/quote] you're stating the obvious here and acting like you're making a real point, of course fonti could be wrong. I could be wrong and fonti could be scum and I could be sheeping scum! you're acting like I blindly believe in sheeping people, like **** off this is such a strawman. I'm sheeping fonti because thats lot is my strongest town read and I also know you have a solid scumdar and a slot I believe has a very similar feel re: the gamestate as I do. Therefore, since I don't really have a great deal of confidence in most of my reads, I'm trying to lean on a slot that I strongly feel is town and has the game better sorted than I do. That is pro town play. I'm not blindly sheeping, I was sheeping in a manner calculated to throw support behind a slot I believe to be town with better aim than I do at this juncture. Coalition building with town slots that have the strongest reads is how town ****ing wins games. Not every slot can be a coalition leader, not every strong town player will ace the game, you have to know when you listen sometimes instead of go rogue or be obstinant. Reasoned following of a slot you have reason to trust is not the scummy blind sheeping you slot brings to the table

Frozen is obvscum obvscum. It's actually pretty silly that we didn't yeet him yesterday looking back on it. Frozen has been TMI reading people all over the place. Such as his TMI town read of somi early on and his backtrack.
if you're town and you legitimately believe this you're going to be choking on your foot when I flip, I have not TMI'd **** this game, I'm literally flailing desperately for reads hence the anchoring to fonti, how do you not see this?

Thinking through everything, the way Fonti and Frozen have been treating each other is highly buddy indicative. Frozen assigning Fonti as 0% scum and that not drawing any attention to her is incredibly suspect. Additionally, Fonti seems to be blind to how obvscum Frozen is. It's all so fake.
you think Fonti would sign off on me open buddying her D1 after she sank my battleship D1 in midnight ops? Why would she ever agree to such a ****ty plan? She would be apprehensive about trusting my longevity, why would you ever go for a gambit open buddy strat IMMEDIATELY upon her replacing her (because this would have to have been an instantaneous and LIVE strategy adaptation immediately upon her replacing in, because I was fueding hard with gorf before his sudden replacment!)? fonti and me open buddying as scum literally makes ZERO strategic sense and is absolutely wrought with logistical difficulties re: the timing and execution of the strat that this is an absolute fantasy

I will openly admit I could be wrong about fonti and she could be snowing the **** out of me knowing I'd be desperate for a validating townread given my scum rolls last two games and her taking and absolutely chunk out of me in midnight ops. but as I said before, I think scum!fonti probably just defaults to spending her efforts snowing the xkcd core and using trashing me as a means to accomplish that. Boom and sabrar were certainly keen on it D1, why not get in good with that camp for example?

you need to realize the scumteam you're proposing here is entirely the progeny of you tunneling hard on the assumption that I'm scum and building upon that, whether it be the result of legit town paranoia or scum seeing blood in the water

two slots coming for me this hard right out of the gate though and not looking at the way the wagons formed closer to EoD is extremely concerning though, of course though, should have seen it coming that scum see me as a free misyeet waiting to happen at this point

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mala other than you saying Im scum for trusting fonti I really follow your analysis there and agree that the wam wagon needs SERIOUS ****ING UNPACKING ESPECIALLY GIVEN SAB TOWNFLIP

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary ngl my immediately though upon somi townflip was to look at boom harder because that slot just continually feels worse to me as this game progresses

Malakandra

Smash Lord
FF I'm willing to believe I was wrong about you Day 1 because of how the wagons played out. I still think you are putting too much trust in Fonti. Lets do what I should have done last day and yeet Wam.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Malakandra Malakandra seriously how bad is synchros scumteam holy **** lmao me you and laser are playing NOTHING like we tried to accomplish in midnight ops, I can't believe that town!bessie or town!xiivi could actually think that scum team rolled again here

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Mala other than you saying Im scum for trusting fonti I really follow your analysis there and agree that the wam wagon needs SERIOUS ****ING UNPACKING ESPECIALLY GIVEN SAB TOWNFLIP
LETS GOOOO. And yah, you going with Fonti there looks sus, but your reason for trusting Fonti feels genuine to me looking back. We can discuss your read of Fonti sometime, but I'm pretty sure its Synchronicity and Wam at this point

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Malakandra Malakandra seriously how bad is synchros scumteam holy **** lmao me you and laser are playing NOTHING like we tried to accomplish in midnight ops, I can't believe that town!bessie or town!xiivi could actually think that scum team rolled again here
They're picking at small things that can make better while blatantly ignoring the bigger picture of the drama that went down at EoD. Like not even addressing the major wagon change that came down to 1 vote at one point and developed out of nowhere is incredibly abnormal behavior for them, ment to redirect town from paying attention to what they had to do to save their buddies life yesterday.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unwilling to Yeet:
Pythag
Boomfrog
why boomfrog such a town read? My instinct is telling me to look harder at that slot given EoD1

also why not talk about my fonti read now? Again, you know my read is predicated on me thinking it would be insane for gorf's slot, that I was attacking, to completely 180 upon fonti's entry, especially given there's no way in hell that fonti is intimidated by me pressuring her slot considering she's 1 for 1 against me in wagon slapdowns. if there's something you think I'm missing or not understanding about scum!fonti's likely calculus there I'm all ears. at this juncture though I'm more inclined to believe that font, like me, was just wrong on somi. somi wasn't bringing a lot to the table by EoD and fit the coaster scum profile

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ironically, Synchro coming right out of the gates with that much confidence of such an objectively unlikely scumteam kinda feels like a forced take due to TMI, which is what they are accusing me of and quite possibly projecting

like ffs seriously who here actually believe that me of all people is acting TMI in this game, lmao its so removed from reality it has to be paranoia tunneling or scum

Malakandra

Smash Lord
why boomfrog such a town read? My instinct is telling me to look harder at that slot given EoD1

also why not talk about my fonti read now? Again, you know my read is predicated on me thinking it would be insane for gorf's slot, that I was attacking, to completely 180 upon fonti's entry, especially given there's no way in hell that fonti is intimidated by me pressuring her slot considering she's 1 for 1 against me in wagon slapdowns. if there's something you think I'm missing or not understanding about scum!fonti's likely calculus there I'm all ears. at this juncture though I'm more inclined to believe that font, like me, was just wrong on somi. somi wasn't bringing a lot to the table by EoD and fit the coaster scum profile
Boomfrog is up there because I don't think scum switches onto Somi last moment like that if they know that slot is innocent. He could have voted Somi ealier, since he was one of the last to switch votes from you on the final two wagons. Willing to re-eval later.

Why I would rather talk about Fonti later is because they looked less blatantly manipulative than Synchro about the Wam thing, so my read there isn't as solid.

As for your confidence, Fonti is a very smart player. She can see the value on taking someone who trusts you to endgame as a scummate. If she isn't intimidated by you, she's more likely to try to use you as a piece in my mind, rather than going for a kill she can get elsewhere on someone who won't trust her as much.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Frozen,

You and Fonti are scum.
Mala and Laser are scum.

Mala hasn't even talked about Laser despite "being suspicious of those town reading him out the gate." He only went after Chaco for that, completely avoiding Laser.

Don't care about wam. Both EoD wagons were town. Sure Boom/Wam could be mates, but it's not a scenario I care to look at right now when it's obvious scum is among you four.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Frozen,

You and Fonti are scum.
Mala and Laser are scum.

Mala hasn't even talked about Laser despite "being suspicious of those town reading him out the gate." He only went after Chaco for that, completely avoiding Laser.

Don't care about wam. Both EoD wagons were town. Sure Boom/Wam could be mates, but it's not a scenario I care to look at right now when it's obvious scum is among you four.
I didn't need to ask laser about it because boom did it here, you can see that I liked it all the way back then.

Honestly the fact that you are on this is super telling to me. You are treating me way differently here than you did in midnight when you thought I was scum. I can understand some of that being Bessie, but not to this extent. The fact that you are just ignoring all that happened at EoD is ever crazier. Theres no way all the drama and rush from a wam wagon being started with a somi wagon instantly forming was inconsequential and indicative of both wagons being town. You even had sus on Wam before, but now its gone because the opposing wagon flipped town? No way is that a conclusion you come too.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Frozen,

You and Fonti are scum.
Mala and Laser are scum.

Are you trying to convince Frozen?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco Chaco what's your approach going into Day 2?
Look at the Somi wagon, first off, see if any jumps onto it felt baseless and grimey. Then look at Wam’s wagon as well. I’m also going to look harder to Somis list now at the bottom where he said everyone that was against me, including me, was scummy. So obviously there’s some merit to that now.

But I’m gonna reread. I think I’ve got some mild food poisoning right now. So I may not do much this evening.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Malakandra Malakandra Can you explain the thought process on Fonti? Looking at Frozen already posting this much start of D2 it wants to reinforce my town read there further.

I need to look at who Sabrar was on besides Wam yesterDay.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And to the above to, I was waiting to see something where Somi tried hard to defend themselves and they never did, and never got any sort of emotion involved. So I was expecting a scum flip there.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Mala's case sucks because it's based on the premise that Wam is mafia and his scumteam must have been trying to save him. Which 1. I don't know that Wam is mafia and 2. I don't know Wam is mafia, so if he is, I, and every other town on Somi didn't know we were supposed to vote Wam. And considering that Somi completely fell off after being accused, I don't blame for voting him. Except maybe Boom, with his whole wavering dance between Wam and Somi.

fontisian

Smash Champion
And Xivii's me/Frozen read feels kind of insane? Like, if Frozen's mafia, he's going out of his way to keep me pocketed, and Xivii seems aware of that. And Frozen's response is way better than Xivii's accusation, and I don't think that's just my bias speaking.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Also Frozen being TMI is ridiculous. He tunneled me so hard D1 before anyone else brought anything forward, so it’s not like he did it opportunistically on a viable ML.
And he also dropped it at hat of a dime flip of a dime drop of cat you know the saying. If you look over his play he doesn't actually care about finding scum, he just cares about finding someone to yeet.

Hell maybe it's just Laser, Mala, Fonti and Frozen is just pocketed, but I don't know how anyone can actually believe this dude is just gonna randomly give his vote to Fonti. It's not believable that Frozen—the Legendary Veteran—Flame just buddies and sheeps whatever wagon's viable.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And he also dropped it at hat of a dime flip of a dime drop of cat you know the saying. If you look over his play he doesn't actually care about finding scum, he just cares about finding someone to yeet.

Hell maybe it's just Laser, Mala, Fonti and Frozen is just pocketed, but I don't know how anyone can actually believe this dude is just gonna randomly give his vote to Fonti. It's not believable that Frozen—the Legendary Veteran—Flame just buddies and sheeps whatever wagon's viable.
He did near EoD but it followed progression. To me it looked like he was afraid of being pocketed by me like he did to me two games in a row. But I’ll look him over again when I reread

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Takeaways:

Mala looks super town. During the night phase my take was “Malak is town unless wam is scum with him” but I don’t see why scum!mala would then start the day phase by pushing for wam and backing down on FF and not the other way around, especially after the anti FF sentiment from synchro and wam to start the day. I do think that the boomfrog town read is pretty misguided though, boom had the perfect excuse to pull that vote considering he relieved you of all of that stress.

Pythag and Kary also look very good from the EoD, pythag for being on wam early and kary for being in the thread and not seeming sold on the somi wagon whatsoever.

I know people might call this hypocritical but looking back there were lots of grimy votes on somi. The only ones that seemed to show justification and consistency in the somi push were me chaco and synchro. Fonti pretty much never explained their read, wam was a self pres, FF ignored their previous reads to sheep fonti, and boomfrog switched at the last minute. Looking back at these, I guess FF’s is the least sus, because at least he’s honest about it being just a sheep and fits with him being forehead deep in fonti’s pocket? I still don’t think that he and fonti are buddies. I definitely think there’s scum in the other 3 though. I like kary’s boomfrog push, I really can’t recall much he’s done this game outside of that vote and the super early readslist he dropped.

I really dislike synchro's malak push. It seems to be focusing on minor details and ignoring the very townie actions that malak did near the EoD. I don’t like how they seemed to attack both malak and somi for TMI views, but despite somi flipping town they still try to push similar reasoning on to malak. It feels way too forced of a push and is enough to make me rescind my previous slight town read on them.

Right now my pool is looking like Wam, Fonti, Boomfrog, and Synchro. I know I was all like “I think wam might be less scummy than fonti and frozen and somi and ****” yesterday but looking now the somi wagon looks so grimy that I think pushing wam seems like the way to go. As socrates once said, we move.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Mala's case sucks because it's based on the premise that Wam is mafia and his scumteam must have been trying to save him. Which 1. I don't know that Wam is mafia and 2. I don't know Wam is mafia, so if he is, I, and every other town on Somi didn't know we were supposed to vote Wam. And considering that Somi completely fell off after being accused, I don't blame for voting him. Except maybe Boom, with his whole wavering dance between Wam and Somi.
This defense makes no sense lmao

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not believable that Frozen—the Legendary Veteran—Flame just buddies and sheeps whatever wagon's viable.
why do people constantly attack me like this? like I have some venerable legacy I have to live up to in order to be even considered to be town? I'm just doing what I try to do every game that I'm town, play to my wincon, attune my play to my role appropriately based on risk assessment, and use my vote in the most pro town way possible by helping other townies yeet scum. if I'm not feeling confident about any reads, I'm going to support the slots I think have the strongest scumdar at the time. I know it looks lame and weak to do so, but sometimes you have to swallow your pride and follow the slot you think has the solve, and sometimes that slot isnt you. attacks like this make it feel like I have to play arrogantly at all times

fontisian

Smash Champion
Takeaways:

Mala looks super town. During the night phase my take was “Malak is town unless wam is scum with him” but I don’t see why scum!mala would then start the day phase by pushing for wam and backing down on FF and not the other way around, especially after the anti FF sentiment from synchro and wam to start the day. I do think that the boomfrog town read is pretty misguided though, boom had the perfect excuse to pull that vote considering he relieved you of all of that stress.

Pythag and Kary also look very good from the EoD, pythag for being on wam early and kary for being in the thread and not seeming sold on the somi wagon whatsoever.

I know people might call this hypocritical but looking back there were lots of grimy votes on somi. The only ones that seemed to show justification and consistency in the somi push were me chaco and synchro. Fonti pretty much never explained their read, wam was a self pres, FF ignored their previous reads to sheep fonti, and boomfrog switched at the last minute. Looking back at these, I guess FF’s is the least sus, because at least he’s honest about it being just a sheep and fits with him being forehead deep in fonti’s pocket? I still don’t think that he and fonti are buddies. I definitely think there’s scum in the other 3 though. I like kary’s boomfrog push, I really can’t recall much he’s done this game outside of that vote and the super early readslist he dropped.

I really dislike synchro's malak push. It seems to be focusing on minor details and ignoring the very townie actions that malak did near the EoD. I don’t like how they seemed to attack both malak and somi for TMI views, but despite somi flipping town they still try to push similar reasoning on to malak. It feels way too forced of a push and is enough to make me rescind my previous slight town read on them.

Right now my pool is looking like Wam, Fonti, Boomfrog, and Synchro. I know I was all like “I think wam might be less scummy than fonti and frozen and somi and ****” yesterday but looking now the somi wagon looks so grimy that I think pushing wam seems like the way to go. As socrates once said, we move.

1. You should look at my posts again, I absolutely explained my read on Somi.

2. What exactly was Mala doing at eod that was towny? Was it the indecision about the wagons? Because as Boom pointed out, Mala is perfectly capable of faking that as scum.

fontisian

Smash Champion
why do people constantly attack me like this? like I have some venerable legacy I have to live up to in order to be even considered to be town? I'm just doing what I try to do every game that I'm town, play to my wincon, attune my play to my role appropriately based on risk assessment, and use my vote in the most pro town way possible by helping other townies yeet scum. if I'm not feeling confident about any reads, I'm going to support the slots I think have the strongest scumdar at the time. I know it looks lame and weak to do so, but sometimes you have to swallow your pride and follow the slot you think has the solve, and sometimes that slot isnt you. attacks like this make it feel like I have to play arrogantly at all times
Frozen town.

**** Xivii's read, maybe he's just a wolf.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need to re-read EoD about 5 times before I decide whos the play today and I don't have the time to do it tonight, im unfortunately occupado for the rest of the night, but hoping to get that **** sorted thru sometime tomorrow night latest

fontisian

Smash Champion
I have been in this spot so many ****ing times on my homesite. This is what it feels like to have unreasonable ****ing expectations foisted on you when you're just town trying to do your damn best.

fontisian

Smash Champion
RIP

so it seems this is probably Sumting Sumting 2 electric boogaloo, The scumteam is within Fonti, Synchonicty (Xivii, Bessie), Sabrar, Wam, FF, Chaco (but probably those first three.
Why is Sabrar in this at all? You copied Syn's format, so you clearly wrote this after seeing sod.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Weren't you the person who voted with me and Frozen on Somi while thinking Frozen and I were mafia?
I spent the entire day thinking that somi was scummier than wam I'm not going to throw that away just because of some sus votes on somi.

1. You should look at my posts again, I absolutely explained my read on Somi.

2. What exactly was Mala doing at eod that was towny? Was it the indecision about the wagons? Because as Boom pointed out, Mala is perfectly capable of faking that as scum.
1. I don't see anything until after you had voted somi, and even then, nothing big

2. I know the context that boomfrog is talking about and it felt very different. The AtE that mala did in midnight ops was more like a one time attempt to cast shade on zen's play. That's very different from the continuous back and forth thought process that he presented here. And even outside of EoD, I like his current direction.

Top Bottom