• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 1.5

BoomFrog (2); Kary, Chaco
Fontisian (2): Wam, Dark Horse
Chaco (2): LaserGuy, FrozenFlame
Kary (2): Sabrar, Synchronicity
FrozenFlame (2): Malakandra, BoomFrog
Wam (1): Fontisian

Not Voting (2): Pythag, Somitomi

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to reach majority.
Day Ends at 5 PM CST on Friday the 11th! Live Countdown to EOD1

Last edited:

Wam

Smash Ace
SO answers below to the questions i have been asked, I'm still getting used to a new forum so if I have missed any let me know.

What would you like to understand?

It is a mistake to believe one will every fully grasp the mysteries of Is BoomFrog.

Well you could check the xkcd Game Archive .

Will it be Wam’s Belated Simple Game? I do not yet know.

Wam Wam I am interested in your reply to this.

You should trust no one in this game easily, if you are town.
I answered this earlier but for completeness on the questions. I had somehow missed Booms read of Gorf in there.

On chaco being defensive in response to

https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24081741 from Chaco Chaco
and https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24081763 from Pythag Pythag

This post https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24081718 and this post https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24081722, both pinged me a defensive. The quote below stood out to me as a very weird thing for town Chaco to say.

re’s one thing you can always bank on Laser, when I’m town, I’m transparently town. 24 hours isn’t gonna give you that idea.
In response to somitomi somitomi https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24081788

Gorf/font it is the defensiveness when challenged along with the vote on me that came across as an OMGUS, I'm waiting for the answer from Font to the question I have repeated.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24082025

Boom is neutral to me see below.

LaserGuy LaserGuy Ordered list below

BoomFrog BoomFrog https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24082252

I don't know..... Phone post so sticky fingers?

Thoughts on a re read pages 4-7.
I respect the decision to drop early Gorf. Catch you next time.

I did? How?

LaserGuy LaserGuy I should have seen that coming. I'd had the same thought but wanted to give Chaco time to see if he settled back into his normal style.
Boom seems to have backed laser then dropped it later.

Not quite; but we may have the same reason.
Whats your reason then?

Repeating this with a tag fontisian fontisian

@font, when your up to speed do your reads match gorfs?

And no my Boom vote is not serious. It was a placeholder/pressure while RVS ended.
Then why is it still there given how scummy you find my play?

Sabrar Sabrar when the setup discussion was in a game as a miller surely that is to be expected?

Pythag Pythag https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24081834

I have called both!

Ordered List

Town - really struggled to order this section so don't read to much into the order
Somitomi - Enquries seem to be coming from a town mindset, questioning interrogating etc. Somi's play seems to have come on a lot from what I remember.
Malakandra - stayed very calm under early pressure.
LaserGuy - as explained I like the thinking.
Sabrar - Feels like town Sabrar but it's hard to call him town if he gets through Day 1 without voting for me.
Dark Horse - I like the mindset behind the questions just a bit suspicious that they don't have many of their opinions out there.
Pythag - pretty much identical read to Dark horse

Neutral
Boomfrog - I can never read Boom, especially day 1.
Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra) - Not enough content to call.
Frozen Flame - not seen enough to make a judgement

Scum
Kary - I don't like putting me and Gorf at the bottom of the reads list without as far as I can see mentioning us before https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24082071
Chaco - Explained above
Fontisian (Replacement for Gorf) - Explained responses to pressure Day 1 seemed to be defensive. I also haven't seen anything fron Font to change my mind yet.

Off topic, until I started looking on my computer I didn't realise how good Sync's avatar was!

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Disagree with you both. Chaco's frustration at being called out on a different play style is sincere. He really feels betrayed by LaserGuy attacking him for what he thought LG should best understand out of anyone. I'm not 100% Chaco is town, but I'm 100% that he really feels LG's case is unfair.

LG this is fairly null or slightly town. Scum-LG does love to make real cases against townies and gets himself worked up into the right mindset. But I think he'd wait until later in the day to make his attack more strategicly timed.
Admittedly I might be influenced by going into that argument already not trusting Laser or Chaco, however to me there was no clue side of that argument that came out obviously being right. To me I'm going to wait to see if Chaco does follow through later on like he's said, and to see Laser's reaction to that or that lack of it, so I'm suspicious of both sides here, until they've followed through. Then we have some of the people who have been jumping on, without really going in depth. The only person who I felt weighed in meaningfully to the whole thing was Sabrar.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
btw Wam Wam you can put links in like this by using the little entwined chain link thing at the top of the bar, pasting the link where it says link, and then putting in the text you want. Makes it a bit easier to read.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If I wanted to point that out I would have referred to #22 instead. Also I was voting Kary why would you think that I referred to Chaco's post as the ping?
I wasn't tracking your vote and I expect you to be an equal opportunity problem pointer outer.

Kary's wait-and-see plan for syncro makes sense from a town pov too. It's a valid ping but it's very mild imo. Chaco's question is the scummiest thing I've ever seen him post in retrospect.

Chaco Chaco Why'd you ask Mary such a nonsense softball question?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
What specifically did you like/agree with on Lasers original case, what makes you think Chaco looks caught, and what have you thought of the developments with Laser and Chaco arguing so far?
You answered the last two else where also Wam, but could you answer my first question there?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar when the setup discussion was in a game as a miller surely that is to be expected?
It is to be expected. Just as Chaco answering questions posed to him is expected. Still LaserGuy calls #32, #45 and #46 fluff.
LG has double standards all over the place.

Wam

Smash Ace
You answered the last two else where also Wam, but could you answer my first question there?
on the read I did there did seem to be a noticeable content difference between the 2 town games and this game. Dont know if I can be more specific.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Ordered List

Town - really struggled to order this section so don't read to much into the order
Somitomi - Enquries seem to be coming from a town mindset, questioning interrogating etc. Somi's play seems to have come on a lot from what I remember.
Malakandra - stayed very calm under early pressure.
LaserGuy - as explained I like the thinking.
Sabrar - Feels like town Sabrar but it's hard to call him town if he gets through Day 1 without voting for me.
Dark Horse - I like the mindset behind the questions just a bit suspicious that they don't have many of their opinions out there.
Pythag - pretty much identical read to Dark horse

Neutral
Boomfrog - I can never read Boom, especially day 1.
Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra) - Not enough content to call.
Frozen Flame - not seen enough to make a judgement

Scum
Kary - I don't like putting me and Gorf at the bottom of the reads list without as far as I can see mentioning us before https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...day-the-11th-at-5-pm-cst.507224/post-24082071
Chaco - Explained above
Fontisian (Replacement for Gorf) - Explained responses to pressure Day 1 seemed to be defensive. I also haven't seen anything fron Font to change my mind yet.
Am i the only one that thinks this doesn't look original?
It just kinda feels like a collective of views from the thread with a few personal touches sprinkled in. For example mine has been said by alot of people who have played with me before, but Wam hasn't, so idk why he takes that small thing as such a big town sign.

He also lumps Pythag in with Dark Horse, and I know I made a similar argument about Rajam when I was scum that lumping people as alike that don't seem super alike to me is just a way to cop out of a read, but I genuinely agree with that view. I don't see Dark Horse in Pythag as similar at all.

Why are Pythag and Dark Horse similar to you Wam?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Gamestate and advancement. The fact you acknowledged it here is telling to me, where as in midnight you literally didn’t react to it out of pushing elsewhere. There’s a clear difference. I don’t think that much coaching would’ve rubbed off on you from one game with Laser tbh. I would think overall and not really reactivity. Your entrance to the wagon seemed genuine and answered appropriately, therefore my town read of it.
Reminder to self to look into this later.

Wam Wam I don't know what Gorf's reads were, so I cannot compare mine to his.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Also Wam Wam , can you talk more about why you don't like Kary calling me and you scum? It seems like their scumreads are the same as yours, if you substitute their name out and your name in.

Additionally, you may want to consider quoting posts instead of linking to them. It's a lot easier to process, which in turns means you become easier to understand.

fontisian

Smash Champion
they've had little to no interaction in thread yet, which is unsurprising considering the game has been open for under 24 hours. as far as I can see they have not meaningfully interacted at all such that they'd have any reason to be buddying each other at this point. this is not a slam dunk by any means but I found it to be a very surprising page 1 connection that I wanted people to take note of. Kary pushes pythag to make a move, DH comes in immediately after with the natural followup question which could readily be explained by scum chat coordination to poke at pythag early. not at all saying thats what happened, obviously it could be two townies looking to pressure the same slot and DH just was able to intuit what the point of forcing pythag to choose is was but it just pinged as too much to be purely coincidental
Actually, BoomFrog BoomFrog I feel like this is something towny from FronzenFlame, in the sense that it's a creative approach that probably won't be very convincing to other people. Evidence of independent thought that he believes in, maybe.

I haven't read your case and am not trying to undermine it at this point. The earlier read on Frozen is mostly gut.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I mean chaco's play is noticeably less obvtown than his play in earlier games, Laser wasn't wrong about that. But that doesn't make him scum.

I don't really buy fonti's "caught for the wrong reasons." I feel like I've definitely seen town get mad at BS cases before, it strikes me more as a personality difference than an alignment difference.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I mean chaco's play is noticeably less obvtown than his play in earlier games, Laser wasn't wrong about that. But that doesn't make him scum.

I don't really buy fonti's "caught for the wrong reasons." I feel like I've definitely seen town get mad at BS cases before, it strikes me more as a personality difference than an alignment difference.
Sorry, to be clear, I'm not saying that's what Chaco is doing, I'm asking Boomfrog, and everyone else, to consider the mindset difference, and that scum can get genuinely mad and genuinely believe cases are against them are wrong. I'm asking Boomfrog specifically because it's something he was already looking at.

It's more than a just "getting mad" thing as well, it's like, the approach. "Caught for the wrong reasons" is "yes, I am scum, but all of these reasons are bull****." The town approach tends to be like "I'm not scum, what are you doing?" or "I'm not scum, you must be scum for pushing me."

Chaco

Never Logs In
I wasn't tracking your vote and I expect you to be an equal opportunity problem pointer outer.

Kary's wait-and-see plan for syncro makes sense from a town pov too. It's a valid ping but it's very mild imo. Chaco's question is the scummiest thing I've ever seen him post in retrospect.

Chaco Chaco Why'd you ask Mary such a nonsense softball question?
Just to get any sort of feel for Kary. I’ve played with Kary before but have zero idea how they play, also just to get some sort of discussion flowing about how they feel regarding that slot. I have zero experience with Bessie either, so I don’t know what to expect from them. I was hoping to get conversation with Kary though because that’s how I read. I read best when things are posed at me or to me.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Also, sure, being "noticeably less obvtown" doesn't mean Chaco is scum, but do you have reasons to actually believe he is town? You say his reaction is down to "personality differences," but does that actually mean anything for his alignment?

Apologies if this is something you've already gone over. If that's the case, I would appreciate a link to that post(s).

fontisian

Smash Champion
Just to get any sort of feel for Kary. I’ve played with Kary before but have zero idea how they play, also just to get some sort of discussion flowing about how they feel regarding that slot. I have zero experience with Bessie either, so I don’t know what to expect from them. I was hoping to get conversation with Kary though because that’s how I read. I read best when things are posed at me or to me.
Are there examples in this game where you've gotten a read on something posed at or to you?

Chaco

Never Logs In
fontisian fontisian So it’s town of me to OMGUS Laser, rather than try and figure out why he’s going after this. Kind’ve an odd thing to rip off early D1, don’t you think? I mean roughly 48 hours in and I’m on the receiving end of a play style change onslaught. Boom is correct it’s frustration because it was going to be catered to helping people like Laser because I was always one of the most active slots. So I’ve got the no good deed goes unpunished thing going on right now.

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian So it’s town of me to OMGUS Laser, rather than try and figure out why he’s going after this. Kind’ve an odd thing to rip off early D1, don’t you think? I mean roughly 48 hours in and I’m on the receiving end of a play style change onslaught. Boom is correct it’s frustration because it was going to be catered to helping people like Laser because I was always one of the most active slots. So I’ve got the no good deed goes unpunished thing going on right now.
Did I say that?

Look man, I haven't read a lot. If you're town, keep posting, and trust me to do my best to get there on you.

I'm sorry you're feeling like you're getting blowback for playstyle stuff, that's not my intention. It would help me if you could talk about the playstyle changes you've made and why you're making them, or link me to where you've already talked about it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Are there examples in this game where you've gotten a read on something posed at or to you?
So far not much has been directed to me until Laser cane aboard. As I’ve said I’m still trying to discern his motive on that. Wam’s jump on Lasers case for me leads me to believe he’s just a parrot, so I’m that regard I’ve gained that insight. Most noticeable would be Kary’s game with Osie Xivii and me, it was clearly TvTvT even though everyone seemed to think otherwise. Since I was involved I was able to see and read into the motives of the two. Ie Xivii communicating to me in spoiler tags to further question my read of how he plays, which was obviously town to me.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
You’re beating a dead horse, Laser. Did I not say that I was out of town and then came back to a ton of work so I haven’t really been able to sink in? Or was that taken as something else as well? I’m having to come back in and respond to a completely terrible case that you’re driving home like it’s gold. Give me time, how about that? Just cause I’m always high activity doesn’t mean I necessarily have time to sit down and comb through a game. I’ve posted numerous times I stay read up so I can respond to what’s going on, in the past two games and outside of it.
I was going to post a big reply to this, but on second thought, I think I will actually just let the thread percolate for a bit and see how things develop. I'll return to this point sometime later if it is still relevant.

What made you think this was the approach for you to take?
This is how I normally play. I see something scummy, and I push it.

Why is it any different from what Sabrar pointed out which is nearly identical?
Not positive what this is referring to. Sabrar has made a number of comments on this.

How do you think you progress from here when you realize by one avenue or another that I’m town?
If you're cleared as Town, then you're Town. We move on. I am wrong often enough that I try not to take it personally.

Disagree with you both. Chaco's frustration at being called out on a different play style is sincere. He really feels betrayed by LaserGuy attacking him for what he thought LG should best understand out of anyone. I'm not 100% Chaco is town, but I'm 100% that he really feels LG's case is unfair.
This is a fair take.

So is this.

Leaning towards voting Chaco. Currently around the 60 post mark, will talk more about him once I've caught up and have taken some time to process. Glanced at your case. I'm thinking his early posts, specifically:
I really don't like that all of the scummy slots seem keen on my case and all of my townreads are steering clear. Hmm...

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Sorry, to be clear, I'm not saying that's what Chaco is doing, I'm asking Boomfrog, and everyone else, to consider the mindset difference, and that scum can get genuinely mad and genuinely believe cases are against them are wrong. I'm asking Boomfrog specifically because it's something he was already looking at.

It's more than a just "getting mad" thing as well, it's like, the approach. "Caught for the wrong reasons" is "yes, I am scum, but all of these reasons are bull****." The town approach tends to be like "I'm not scum, what are you doing?" or "I'm not scum, you must be scum for pushing me."
Yeah rereading it I can seen where you're coming from. I do think that town OMGUS aren't that implausible, especially when the player in question is experienced enough to know how scummy OMGUS are usually seen as.

Also, sure, being "noticeably less obvtown" doesn't mean Chaco is scum, but do you have reasons to actually believe he is town? You say his reaction is down to "personality differences," but does that actually mean anything for his alignment?
I have him as a town lean. I don't think chaco would scum OMGUS like that, it strikes me as a pretty reckless push considering laserguy wasn't seen as a scumread by anyone else. The jankiness of the chaco wagon also plays a solid part in why I'm townreading him, it felt like as soon as laser posted his case the floodgates opened and people came out with chaco scum reads despite the fact that laser's case wasn't that good. I do want to see more content from him that doesn't pertain directly to laser's push on him though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Did I say that?

Look man, I haven't read a lot. If you're town, keep posting, and trust me to do my best to get there on you.

I'm sorry you're feeling like you're getting blowback for playstyle stuff, that's not my intention. It would help me if you could talk about the playstyle changes you've made and why you're making them, or link me to where you've already talked about it.
My goal is to cut down the multiposting and sit back some and let the thread progress without what’s there. Basically after Laser said it was hard to keep up with the volume of posts I decided to cut back. I was going to refer to an old style of mine in which I ISO and keep tally of positives and negatives per player. I’ve been so busy I just haven’t been able to do that. So I get called in and now I’m very active again, and defeating the whole purpose. I think the only person who may remember me doing that was Gorf, maybe DH? I used ISO and left a thick reads paper trail on each player. It was concise and easy to follow my mindset. Just majorly time consuming. If I can somehow find the links of the games I did it in I’ll link them. I know I did it here some and more so on MS.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I really don't like that all of the scummy slots seem keen on my case and all of my townreads are steering clear. Hmm...
Frustrating.

Yeah rereading it I can seen where you're coming from. I do think that town OMGUS aren't that implausible, especially when the player in question is experienced enough to know how scummy OMGUS are usually seen as.

I have him as a town lean. I don't think chaco would scum OMGUS like that, it strikes me as a pretty reckless push considering laserguy wasn't seen as a scumread by anyone else. The jankiness of the chaco wagon also plays a solid part in why I'm townreading him, it felt like as soon as laser posted his case the floodgates opened and people came out with chaco scum reads despite the fact that laser's case wasn't that good. I do want to see more content from him that doesn't pertain directly to laser's push on him though.
That's all fair. My impression is that Chaco didn't perceive what he was doing to Laser as OMGUS, so your argument about his experience may not apply. Thoughts on that? Additionally, do you intend to look at the people who came out with Chaco scumreads?

Chaco Chaco , I see you. Don't need links to previous games re: your note taking, your word is enough.

Chaco

Never Logs In
To solidify why I would change that as well, look at Kary’s game. Scum was largely inactive and by the mass amount of content town produced we were all butting each other’s heads to try and find out who was scum. I was doing NK analysis terribly to even get some sort of content to go off of. Flooding town with town, isn’t good for town.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm going to pull back for a bit. Again, ping me if you need me, but expect short answers.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And LaserGuy LaserGuy dont take anything personally at all. Cause it’s not intended as such. It’s just frustrating. But I’m not doing my part if I don’t tell you that case is truthfully terrible. You’ll realize that as well. So we’re good.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
That's all fair. My impression is that Chaco didn't perceive what he was doing to Laser as OMGUS, so your argument about his experience may not apply. Thoughts on that? Additionally, do you intend to look at the people who came out with Chaco scumreads?
I think when you vote someone because of their push on you you'd consider it an OMGUS regardless of how much experience you have. I think scum!chaco is experienced enough that he would try harder to de-escalate the situation

I've said it before but I thought both FF and Wam's jumps onto chaco were pretty shady. I also think Kary's most recent scumlist with chaco at the bottom and FF at top pretty weird considering that the last time she mentioned them was in a post about how they were in the same PoE pool.

fontisian

Smash Champion
#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse I don’t think anybody thought of the malakandra wagon as a pressure wagon.

my vote on you was nothing but was my question following it nothing too?

I think you’re either dumb or scum, trying to reach in whatever sort of depths that you can to get people to make stances and get the ball rolling, or to look like you’re making content now to try and nab a good first impression, which is why when you asked me that I was like yo why are you trying to make me take a stance on effectively nothing? And even now I don’t get your intent
Wam Wam , my reads are very different from Gorf's, lmao.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Man what is this response.

If anything your question is worse now that you say you don't have strong opinions on malak/boomfrog. You thought it was just an rvs wagon but you were still trying to get wam to scumread people on the wagon?

And for all of this talk you're still not answering my question or really giving any feed back on a lot of the state of the game. I'll ask you a third and final time.
What's the difference between Chaco's OMGUS to Laser and Gorf's OMGUS to you?

fontisian

Smash Champion
To further Mala read, even him questioning me about it supports that he’s wary of me pocketing him from an early town read.

LaserGuy LaserGuy nailed it perfectly.
I can see this as town!Chaco trying to reinforce his townread internally. Like tunneling, but on someone being town, and wanting to be right.

Chaco

Never Logs In
To be clear there is no OMGUS to Laser. I said there’s two clear motive paths that one would come from scum and the they severely misguided town. If I was going to OMGUS him I would’ve already laid out his case, timing of case, etc. I laid out why I would think of both and said I’m still trying to figure out which it is.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Gorf was very blantantly not doing any gamesolving. Unlike chaco, who at least seemed to be trying to feel out reads and stuff like that, virtually all of Gorf's post were in context to either my question or sabrar's question. That's why I asked him if he had any thoughts on the game several times before voting him.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Laser's post has enough original intent that I think it's more misguided than scummy but I don't like FF and especially wam hopping onto/pushing chaco afterwards it feels opportunistic.
bro I was voting chaco before Laserguy even made the post so **** off with this "opportunistic" nonsense. I was suss of chaco for caring about the "equality" of the wagons. like in what universe does town!chaco give a flying **** about whether his vote evens out wagons? like the fact that he was even thinking about that when he cast his vote and decided to even comment on it in his voting post pinged hard for me, it felt like he was considering the optics of his vote which is frankly a pretty scummy frame of mind. I openly admitted that my switch back to chaco from gorf was due to laserguy's suspicion of chaco validating my own but that was the literal extent of it

Overall I'm most sus of the people putting me high already, and some of the more blatant case sheeping. I don't think I'm playing like my town game that much, and besides that I doubt these people know me enough to throw me at tops of lists and the like this early when most of my content has just been asking questions. FF is also kinda up there because I don't like their pre flip association thing and the reasoning behind it, just seemed off to me to try to make that connection this early. Didn't really like this post. Felt like taking an excuse to drop a vote without having to go through and agree with the case super hard. FF has def been playing different than what I saw in Midnight, but it makes sense why since that didn't work out great for them. So I guess Bird + Fish = Dog or whatever.

Vote: Frozen Flame
this vote is absolute garbage, literally just piggybacking off the nitpicks other slots have made of my simple off the cuff observation and again spewing this "opportunist" rhetoric

Let me put this Kary/DH connection thing to bed. I made the observation in post #37. First page, 37th post. Let that sink in. It was a literal kneejerk reaction that I had to those two slots so quickly keying in on Pythag. It caught my interest, so I commented on it. No where have I ever claimed that I picked up on some guaranteed scum coordination tell or anything, I was just pointing out the simple fact that if one of those two slots flips scum, that early confluence of interest becomes a lot more interesting and shouldn't be forgotten. I was literally just putting a little flag in the sand and saying hey, if one of these slots flips scum this is probably worth another look and I left it at that. I seriously do not understand where people are getting off saying its scummy to flag an interaction like that for the sake of posterity when we have more information and early D1 interactions are easily forgotten/glossed over

Also the last sentence of this post is gross, he literally says "hey FF is def playing different than the last game I was in when I was his mate, BUTTTTT lol he sucked that game so he better have made a change lul he can totally still be scum or whatever lol bird n fish n bird n stuff hahaha amirite?." Like this is an excuse to vote me despite having evidence that contradicts the read, not an actual reason. Grimey af

We ride.

Vote: Frozen Flame
if mala's post is what pushed you to do this, this may be the worst vote I've ever seen you cast

100% cosigning this, very much how I feel

Okay so asking people questions and sitting back until I see something to capitalize on is now scummy?

So putting out a townread on Frozen and Mala, as well as saying you were nailing Mala’s entrance is fluff? Nailing what BoomFrog was doing might be fluff to you but it’s not, it supports the claim I can read BoomFrog. Interjecting that I don’t see defensiveness out of Gorf is fluff? You’re so caught up with how you want me to play, that you’re not gonna let me play essentially. That vote and case is so bad faith it’s not even funny. So there’s no let’s allow progression and allow a 24 hour oldstyle change take place, and what’s hilarious is how many people you sheeped with it. When it’s not even a case. There is not one single inherently scummy thing, not anything done in bad faith, and the fluff you speak of isn’t even true. I’ve been minimalistic and let people have their discussions until I want to step in. But once again, who can really have an adequate feel for you’re only posting fluff within 24 hours. Massive reach Laser, terrible case, and what’s worse is it was to accommodate you.
bro ngl when I read this post it literally felt like a post I would write as scum. Lots of defensive statements phrased as questions, accusations of bad faith when there really isn't clear evidence of it (I did this to osie as scum in completely vanilla when I felt he "caught me for the wrong reasons" as fonti was describing in the abstract this game), saying its "hilarious" that people are sheeping the argument to shame them out of doing so, etc etc.

And what’s even worse is Wam has mirrored every read so far this game, and you’re attacking me for fluff.

Here’s one thing you can always bank on Laser, when I’m town, I’m transparently town. 24 hours isn’t gonna give you that idea. So sit back and comb through your cronies who say good job, splendid good case, etc. Cause there’s scum in that 100%, if not you yourself.

The two allowances of I didn’t know you were gonna do that, or if you were doing that it would be okay... makes your case worthless. And if you can seriously read that in depth to something that isn’t there, I expect you to be able to find something out of the sheep you just stirred.
bolded is pretty gross. "Guys when I'm town, I'm obv town, so don't worry, just give me more time and trust me because it's too early for me to be obvtown yet." This does not AT ALL feel like you in your last two games where frankly you were actually obvtown (hence why I killed you pre lylo in completely vanilla). In fact, in midnight ops and vanilla mafia I feel like you were very hard town out of the gate, which is why I made efforts to pocket you however ineffective they may have been. I also dislike the use of "cronies" here, overly harsh tbh. It's like you're trying to say "everyone pushing me is scum" while at the same time walking it back by saying "well there's just some scum in that coalition"

This sudden reversal or hedging on his own read rubs me the wrong ways. Like he was reading back over his post and realized he had committed too much to a read. The 'lmao' and especially the emojis aren't what I expect from frozen either. he's posting a lot more than I expected and seems to be committing a lot of words over little things, but then this line comes along and it's markedly different, it's a one-line thought he then immediately doubles back on.
more off the cuff **** getting blown out of proportion here. Somi was literally my scummate last game so I was joking about how somi could be swapping styles from vanilla mafia to this game just like I did a style swap, or atleast tried to, between midnight ops and vanilla mafia. I was poking fun at myself for being implicitly arrogant enough to think that somi isn't capable of a deliberate style shift to throw people off the scum scent after having just played in a game as scum

I'll address this elephant as well.

Yes it is weird that DH was piggybacking on my Pythag push.
I don't know why you decided to lay this out in the thread, postponing any thoughts until after a flip, rather than trying to follow it up at the time.
And I find it hard to believe you really think this might be a coordinated plan to push Pythag of all people. I can't help it if mafia want to buddy me, all I can do is be aware of it and try and figure out who is really on the same wavelength as me.
see earlier explanation above after the mala quote

pretty sure there isn't any reality where fonti sticks his neck out for me as scum, pretty sure he'd be salivating over the idea of getting me mislynched D1 so he can stunt on me as both alignments after midnight ops, so getting a good town read there

going to try to get a full read list up tonight

fontisian

Smash Champion
Chaco Chaco I get it, I'm just using Dark Horse's terminology.

@HBC **** trying to do this tag, acknowledged.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Pythag Pythag I'd like to hear more details about your reads of the other two.
kary attacking me for the alleged "hedging" on somi is weird af considering he placed me at #3 most townie overall on his readlist so that's throwing me off right now, but until he did that he was generally a town read of mine

pythag is straight null atm, still trying to work out about how I feel about him coming after me for not reading the rules fully and the going "oh alright then I guess I buy your explanation." kind of felt like a way to defuse a situation that backfired

Top Bottom