• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Chaco

Never Logs In
It looks like DH picked up on the peculiarity of that statement as well in #30, which is +1 in terms of townminds.

Sabrar is coming out strong and very differently than Sumting. Already a town Ping. #13

I don't like that Gorf liked #21. BoomFrog suggesting a yeet wasn't weird. Gorf should know this. This seems forced.

Frozen's #35 is suspect. In #34 he votes Chaco for being concerned with optics for an RVS wagon, yet in #35 Frozen is concerning himself with optics over and RVS wagon. I think scum are more likely to notice things in others that they themselves are inclined to do. #37 is also really forced.

Summary
Sabrar and DH have strong starts. Chaco is not mates with either Wam or Mala. Pythag is also unlikely mates with Mala.

Shotgun scum team
Kary, Frozen, Fonti

Bin (a mix of stream of conscious thoughts and impressions that don't hold much weight):
-Kary's is instinctively suspicious
-Laser opening with town meta
-Frozen same rvs town wagon position as his town game in DT
-Pythag was excited to play mafia, but had a lackluster opening
-The interaction between pythag and Chaco is weird. How did --Pythag remember something as obscure as "Concision is pro-town" but not the fact that they played together.
-Gorf's opening looks rigid. The question to wam in #18 seems too textbook.
-Kary's #19 is a good look, building a wagon and forcing pythag to engage.
-Kary's 20: why does he actually care about the answer? Why did Gorf like the post? For Kary I'm not going to assign weight to this because his #19 shows that he had a desire for content and thus could have just been trying to get something going.
-Gorf looks worse. I'm not sure why anyone would particularly care for the answer. And if they did, we not ask LaserGuy who understood it.
-The fact that I'm not scumreading Wam is concerning.
-Chaco's question to Kary in #22 is awkward. But he did ask similar things at the beginning of Midnight.
-I'm not sure what to make of Pythag's response to Kary in #23, voting Boom.
-Pythag's #24 feels natural wrt Wam. Low mate potential.
-DH came in #27 with good responses.
-Curious as to why Sabrar voted Kary in #31
-After reading Chaco's explanation for his Mala read on page 2, I see what he means. Mala's #33 actually acknowledges the wagon built on him rather than simply trying to look like it didn't phase him as he did in Midnight.
-I'm not sure what to make of Frozens's #34 equality optics post. It seems like a reachy point, but it also doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would stick out to scum. I think I might town read this.
-Actually looking at #35 I change my mind.
You get the idea. It’s all TMI and out of order. Fonti should be mentioned here at all. Synch is 10000000% scum. Major scum slip there.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
So is this option one? Or like back up option?
I prefer Mala.
This is skewing my point. He tunnels sure, but he’s not gonna lock into a completely baseless tunnel as scum and drive a mislynch all by himself. He would get himself lynched off of that for sure. It’s to heavy of a paper trail.
The thing is, your premise relies on the idea that people yeet someone just because they led a mislynch on someone else, and this is just not true. You and I led the Boom yeet in Midnight and weren't pushed afterward. Same for my DP push in Completely Vanilla. I also hard pushed a Handorin misyeet in Sumting and rode free the next day without any suspicion.
I really dislike the part of using you catching Frozen in Midnight as a platform to say you’re pocketing him here with it.
I've never insuiated the Fonti is trying to pocket Frozen. Oh wait yeah I did. That was just me thinking through the possibility of town!Frozen, which I don't believe. It was a stream of conscious thought.
I haven't seen any towntells from him. His interactions with me come across as extremely TMI.
I've listed a number of them. Particularly the post where he did the somi point analysis and ended up voting him despite ending on the plus side.
My early gut reads are often some of the most accurate ones I get. My reads tend to get worse as the game goes on, if anything. I try not to lockTown people early in the game, but I assign Town leans quite regularly in the first few pages. See SS or my fairly extensive notes on Vanilla in the unspoiled chat for examples.
Ok.
There is nothing wrong with the question
You're asking something that is:

1) obvious - I was voting elsewhere at the time and only have one vote. It's like if someone wants to watch a movie and play videogames and they choose the latter, then you asking hey why did you NOT watch a movie? Asking questions in the negative like this are fallacious. You can ask why I chose TO play videogames, but presuming that there was a reason for not watching a movie is just silly.

2) out of temporal order- you're using the magnitude that I'm scumreading Frozen after night review / flip to ask why I didn't vote him the day before.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
It’s fake notes I think. Lists Fonti at post number #35 as shotgun scum team when t should say Gorf. So way they were edited. Laser and Synch are scum.

vote: synchronicity
I make it clear that it was edited. I posted updates when I something was answered on later posts and changed Gorf to Fonti where applicable.

Wam

Smash Ace
I make it clear that it was edited. I posted updates when I something was answered on later posts and changed Gorf to Fonti where applicable.
The only credit you get is for it being stream of consciousness.

Also if you were worried (correctly) about sabrar as per the notes why didnt you push sabrar for more input.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Shrug. For me there was. I usually edit out the "replaced by x" and the like cause it's just messy in my brain. For my current reads I just like to say who the person currently is.
That’s the single place it’s edited. There’s no further such changes. Fonti is never mentioned again because those notes don’t run up to when Fonti had even replaced in. Therefore, no, I don’t believe it is an edit.

Reactions: Wam

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Also Chaco Chaco you have to keep in mind that I made that when the game was around page 10. As I mentioned before, I was only caught up to about page 4 at that point, then I started the game over and made the notes.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Also to be clear, this isn't exactly linear. I only thoroughly read the first few pages at one point while skimming the rest. And then reread again from the beginning. I did not have a town read at the time I questioned FF about the 'equality' thing even if it does look like I was defending Chaco. My focus wasn't on disproving FF's Chaco read, it was on investigating FF.

Wam

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what you're asking.
You have multiple (5+) townie views of sabrar in the notes. Which aligns with the reads list.

I cant see a single point where you interacted with him in a way I would expect from a hard town read. Can you prove me wrong?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also Chaco Chaco you have to keep in mind that I made that when the game was around page 10. As I mentioned before, I was only caught up to about page 4 at that point, then I started the game over and made the notes.
If this was the case Fonti still would not be listed merely once and Gorf the rest of the time. It’s easy to see why and how you made that mistake, you throw out a potential scum team in the notes to make it look better but follow suit to the thread the rest of time. Therefore that doesn’t add up either.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
You have multiple (5+) townie views of sabrar in the notes. Which aligns with the reads list.

I cant see a single point where you interacted with him in a way I would expect from a hard town read. Can you prove me wrong?
I don't quite get your reasoning. Why would I interact with a town read? But sure yeah:
Did RVS end?
Yes. I'm keeping my vote on Kary because it wasn't completely random.
I didn't think it was.

Unvote
Vote: Kary
I always enjoy being sheeped.
Not quite; but we may have the same reason.
@LaserGuy get out of your tunnel. Sabrar was totally right here:
The second game (Completely Vanilla) was just as fluffy if not more so than this one. Chaco also asked similar awkward questions to get the game started in the first one (Midnight).

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
If this was the case Fonti still would not be listed merely once and Gorf the rest of the time. It’s easy to see why and how you made that mistake, you throw out a potential scum team in the notes to make it look better but follow suit to the thread the rest of time. Therefore that doesn’t add up either.
lol I don't know what to say to you at this point. I referred to Gorf when GORF made a post. I referred to the slot as FONTI when it referred to my current reads lmfao.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 2.3

Wam (3): Malakandra, Dark Horse, Synchronicity,
Synchronicity(3): Kary, Chaco, Wam
Malakandra (1): Boom Frog
Boomfrog (1): Fontisian

Not voting (3): #HBC | FrozeηFlame, Pythag, Laserguy
Day 2 Ends on Thursday the 17th at 5 PM CST. End of Day Countdown With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate

Last edited:

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
It's not a 'who,' it's an 'it.' And it is the right side of my brain which intuits and synthesizes, as opposed to my left side which is strictly logical and analytical.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
1) obvious - I was voting elsewhere at the time and only have one vote. It's like if someone wants to watch a movie and play videogames and they choose the latter, then you asking hey why did you NOT watch a movie? Asking questions in the negative like this are fallacious. You can ask why I chose TO play videogames, but presuming that there was a reason for not watching a movie is just silly.

2) out of temporal order- you're using the magnitude that I'm scumreading Frozen after night review / flip to ask why I didn't vote him the day before.
You're really not trying to answer this question in good faith.

You had a whole Day phase to move your vote, to consider different waggons, to try and eliminate someone.
You didn't vote for frozen at any point. Not in the first half of the day, when you had your vote parked on me, without any given reason.
Not in the end of the day, after I responded to your case, where you immediately went with the flow on somi
I literally called you out for poking and prodding at frozen, because it seemed like you were laying groundwork for a vote.

Was your solitary, unexplained vote on me more important than pressuring a scum frozen?
And you literally have fonti and frozen both in your scum pool in #503, but you had no hesitation in going with them onto a somi waggon?

Just explain yourself for once rather than jerking around pretending this stuff doesn't matter because you wish it didn't

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
Let’s rephrase, who wrote the first set of notes?
Right brain. I've already made it clear that I have no intention on distinguishing between bessie and Xivii.
Just explain yourself for once rather than jerking around pretending this stuff doesn't matter because you wish it didn't
I already explained: I wasn't voting him because I was voting you and somi.

So your reasoning is that if I voted Frozen I'd be scummy for laying the groundwork for voting him, and that not voting Frozen is scummy because I was laying the groundwork for voting him? Good show.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Vote: Synchronicity

Wasn't expecting people to be down to vote this today, my case may have started as originally being based on the Wam situation, but with all I've seen today, I think I'm more certain on Synchronicity.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I don't think it's particularly likely that bessie and Xivii, as scum, would independently make detailed notes on the thread, written from a sufficiently townie point of view that if they were revealed they wouldn't show a scum agenda. It's too much work for too little gain. Fine, I guess you can be Town.
But it wasn't either of them, it was just left and right brain.

What makes you think a slot with twice the brainpower wouldn't put a bit of extra work in?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So your reasoning is that if I voted Frozen I'd be scummy for laying the groundwork for voting him, and that not voting Frozen is scummy because I was laying the groundwork for voting him? Good show.
You're goddamn sovereign citizen of mafia players. Trying to tie this argument into knots just to avoid the point of it all.

It's very clear that you had both reason and opportunity to be voting frozen during Day 1, but you never acted on it.
Then you start Day 2 saying you still want to do it, like it was something so trivial that it had just slipped your mind.
You slid onto the somi waggon acting as though it was something you had wanted all along, and suddenly having developed a Wam townread.

You can say "I was busy doing other things", but what were you actually doing?
You were making excessive notes on the early game instead of being active- and twisting my posts beyond recognition to try and justify a scumread on me.
You have spent more time this game white-knighting players than you have pressuring people you find scummy.

My fundamental problem with you is that I do not believe any of it.
It feels more like you were obliged to make a big case on me than you had any points against me worth getting excited about.
Your scumread on frozen feels like you want him dead but you're too afraid to try and push it yourself.
In fact the only time you seemed comfortable this game is when you were vibing on the somi waggon, and we all know how that turned out.

I think my being on your case from the beginning has frustrated your desire to be cryptic and to coast by without any examination.
And the only thing in the town column from you right now is these notes; which are apparently within bessie's scum range, and entirely outside of any range I have ever seen from xivii. That, and the wifom of whether you would be suicidal enough to try and make a case against me of all people.

But by all means, tell me I'm just being silly here.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I agree

Unvote

vote sync
What specifically do you agree to about Chaco's case? Do you think only scum would switch the names there? You said it only got points for stream of consciousness, so it being edited removes those points, not adds negative points in my eyes.

Malakandra

Smash Lord

You had me and Somi at the top of your readslist, I don't recall you ever initiating interaction with either of us. What in your mind is behavior you would expect from a hard town read interaction?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Damn, This Wam and Synchronicity jumping on each other is ****ing my brain up real bad rn, and I have to go to Calc soon. Prob gonna sit back and watch this for a bit.

Top Bottom