• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things about Junior and Koopalings you would change...

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
can be story-wise or gameplay stuff ... some things I'd want.

1. I know Larry is the youngest, but I think Lemmy should be youngest after considering Bowser Jr. He acts the youngest and more childish than Larry. There were also theories that he's the second oldest if you base the order you fight them in SMW3 but it's false. The only confirmed is Larry is youngest and Ludwig is the oldest. Bowser Jr. is obviously the youngest if you count him.2. I want them in a game that gives them more character development. We know they're brats and spoiled but I would love to see in a game where they're portrayed that way, similar to the cartoon in a way but their characters in the chartoon seemed quite different to their video game counterparts. Ludwig and Wendy were probably most accurate.

3. I want the relationship between the kids to be fleshed out more. Especially the relationship between Jr. Do they see hm as just their leader or is there a slight sibling mechanic between them? I'd like to see them interact with each other more as a whole.

Last edited:

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
Debating Mario universe canon is an exercise in futility, but I love it so... Okay, so Bowser Jr. has to be the oldest, because he was a child when Mario was a newborn in Yoshi's Island, and Mario is at least old enough to have a full moustache by now.

...That is unless you consider Mario Kart part of the equation, where Baby Mario exists alongside Mario (though you have to wonder where Baby Mario comes from, since it's Word of God that Mario and Peach are just friends).

Yeah, Mario Universe canon doesn't make much sense... In any case, it does happen sometimes that an older sib just acts younger. Some kids are just naturally more or less mature than others.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
as character, I love them as the way they are! I just love the clown cart too much!
can be story-wise or gameplay stuff ... some things I'd want.

1. I know Larry is the youngest, but I think Lemmy should be youngest after considering Bowser Jr. He acts the youngest and more childish than Larry. There were also theories that he's the second oldest if you base the order you fight them in SMW3 but it's false. The only confirmed is Larry is youngest and Ludwig is the oldest. Bowser Jr. is obviously the youngest if you count him.2. I want them in a game that gives them more character development. We know they're brats and spoiled but I would love to see in a game where they're portrayed that way, similar to the cartoon in a way but their characters in the chartoon seemed quite different to their video game counterparts. Ludwig and Wendy were probably most accurate.

3. I want the relationship between the kids to be fleshed out more. Especially the relationship between Jr. Do they see hm as just their leader or is there a slight sibling mechanic between them? I'd like to see them interact with each other more as a whole.
1. the reason why it isnt that is because they are alts for Jr and there are many reason. the biggest reason is that if one alt is moving diffirently, it could cause desync online if any problems encounter. if they get special treatment they would be their own slot (check Dark Pit-Pit and Lucina-Marth)

Debating Mario universe canon is an exercise in futility, but I love it so... Okay, so Bowser Jr. has to be the oldest, because he was a child when Mario was a newborn in Yoshi's Island, and Mario is at least old enough to have a full moustache by now.

...That is unless you consider Mario Kart part of the equation, where Baby Mario exists alongside Mario (though you have to wonder where Baby Mario comes from, since it's Word of God that Mario and Peach are just friends).

Yeah, Mario Universe canon doesn't make much sense... In any case, it does happen sometimes that an older sib just acts younger. Some kids are just naturally more or less mature than others.
but that isnt Bowser Jr in Yoshi Island, its Baby Bowser! in Mario and Luigi PiT he is referenced as "Prince Bowser" cause he is too young to be King

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I thought Baby Bowser WAS Bowser Jr.? They look the same, don't they? So confusing @_@
no sadly, there are Baby Bowser there King Bowser was a kid, Koopa Kid(s) as a wierd Bowser Mini Me and Bowser Jr as Bowser Son

but its easy to get confused by them, Jr does look like his father when his father was in his age! :4bowserjr:

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr. are not the same character. Baby Bowser is simply Bowser as a baby. They just look exactly the same. I would think Bowser Jr. is younger than all of the Koopalings.
1. the reason why it isnt that is because they are alts for Jr and there are many reason. the biggest reason is that if one alt is moving diffirently, it could cause desync online if any problems encounter. if they get special treatment they would be their own slot (check Dark Pit-Pit and Lucina-Marth)
I don't see what this has to do with what I said. I'm talking about a story/character perspective; didn't mention anything about if they should play differently in Smash Bros.

Last edited:
Top Bottom