• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's pretty pixels: Round Two!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
So, any progress on the Samus Prime pack, @ Ryztiq Ryztiq ? :D
I need to fix the morph all alignment and the gun model for when you press side taunt. And then make a few more recolors. I'll be streaming today though so be sure to watch if you can.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
I really want a character mod of splatoon. Maybe an Inkling Boy as Samus and a Girl as ZeroSuit Samus or reverse?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
So, I've got a bit of an abstract request.

Could you make a Toon Link costume where the pig from the results screen is his head, and its piloting a Tink shaped robot? It would also be ideal if you could replace the pig in the results screen with a mini Toon Link.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas

Could you make a Toon Link costume where the pig from the results screen is his head, and its piloting a Tink shaped robot? It would also be ideal if you could replace the pig in the results screen with a mini Toon Link.
I.... wha.....uhh..... MARRY ME

Juken

Smash Ace
Will you be updating the Ice/Fire Mario and Cupid Pit that (I think) were a part of your build? Whether or not you will be updating them, could you tell me how to update those types of particle mods? I want to update the Fire Luigi and Fire Peach. I also want to attempt to make an Ice Luigi and Purple Arrow + Silver sword trail for Pit's Dark Pit alt (unless you wouldn't mind doing that as a request).

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I really want a character mod of splatoon. Maybe an Inkling Boy as Samus and a Girl as ZeroSuit Samus or reverse?
Kids and Squids added to main page

Ill see what I can do
Will you be updating the Ice/Fire Mario and Cupid Pit that (I think) were a part of your build? Whether or not you will be updating them, could you tell me how to update those types of particle mods? I want to update the Fire Luigi and Fire Peach. I also want to attempt to make an Ice Luigi and Purple Arrow + Silver sword trail for Pit's Dark Pit alt (unless you wouldn't mind doing that as a request).
I will be updating them aswell as adding even more costume specific effects for my build, the 3.6 version is going to be like an end-all modpack so it'll be very inclusive. (Im not gonna stop modding once its out though obviously)

To update stuff like that manually you'd need to learn GFX stuff for PSA

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Ill see what I can do
If you can make this work, I'll follow Lunchables' lead and request that this costume be selectable on the stream at Xanadu.

I'll also buy you a pizza, as I may or may not have been dreaming of using such a masterpiece since Brawl came out.

@ConDeeCas Sorry, but my only love is bacon. Pig is love, pig is life.

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I have an idea regarding the splatoon suggestion. Samus wearing the power suit (or at least a suit designed like it) from splatoon.

Juken

Smash Ace
Kids and Squids added to main page

Ill see what I can do

I will be updating them aswell as adding even more costume specific effects for my build, the 3.6 version is going to be like an end-all modpack so it'll be very inclusive. (Im not gonna stop modding once its out though obviously)

To update stuff like that manually you'd need to learn GFX stuff for PSA
That's good, I've been using that stuff for my personal build too. I also did a Smash 3 Cupid Pit a long time ago (the CSP is kind of just a recolor of the normal pink Pit CSP though, so it's not perfect). Would you like to see it/have it for your build?

Pizza_Prez

Smash Rookie

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hi theytah! Your smash mods rule! If you don't mind my asking, how is meowser coming along? He looked rad as heck! Also! I found a ripped model of mega man from sfxt:

http://commitment2purplex2.deviantart.com/art/Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Bad-Box-Art-Megaman-374958582

If you get a chance, is there any way you could put him over someone? I really don't care who! Honestly I'd just be happy to see him in the game in some capacity.

Thanks!
I was very sad to find no recolour referencing that in Smash 4.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
Hi theytah! Your smash mods rule! If you don't mind my asking, how is meowser coming along? He looked rad as heck! Also! I found a ripped model of mega man from sfxt:

http://commitment2purplex2.deviantart.com/art/Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Bad-Box-Art-Megaman-374958582

If you get a chance, is there any way you could put him over someone? I really don't care who! Honestly I'd just be happy to see him in the game in some capacity.

Thanks!
He should go over Samus.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Hi theytah! Your smash mods rule! If you don't mind my asking, how is meowser coming along? He looked rad as heck!
You shall not speak of He Who Must Not Be Named. If you speak thy name our based God Theytah shall delay the holy mod. Please, I and many others have waited many a winters, and we wish to not wait any more.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah

Thanks!
Everyone looks great over falcon ;)

Juken

Smash Ace
Think you could make the thing on the right of the image (Black Shadow for Ganondorf)? The person who created Black Shadow for Falcon was working on a Ganondorf version then apparently stopped posting 2 years ago without releasing it.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Also, I finished editing samus's gun and morphball, so now I've just got to redo her gun animations to fit the new model and it'll be ready for release :)

sporksparks

Smash Cadet
Should be easy, so sure.

Also, Green Hill Zone, now in minecraft form. (WIP)
Is the background gonna move? I see the 'MineBG' animation there, it would be really cool if it goes on a day-night cycle.

Looks cool, can't wait for its release!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Is the background gonna move? I see the 'MineBG' animation there, it would be really cool if it goes on a day-night cycle.

Looks cool, can't wait for its release!
Yep, the moon even changes stages each day :) I'm also going to have a complete background.

Modeling blocks is annoying as hell

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yep, the moon even changes stages each day :) I'm also going to have a complete background.

Modeling blocks is annoying as hell
I would've taken the lazy way out and use 3D ripper DX or Ninja ripper with some Minecraft gameplay, haha.

Last edited:

Pizza_Prez

Smash Rookie
BBA mega man on falcon or samus would be so great! My only problem with samus is he may be a little stiff and he'd look silly as a morphball, falcon is probably easier(and hilarious) but I honestly don't have any preferance :) whoever you personally feel like putting time into!

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
oh, i thought it was gonna include multiplayer green and gray lol, but the Phazon one looks cooler than expected
I'm not satisfied with the quality of the pack, so I'm going to be updating it soon. It'll have optimized models, a few fixes, more recolors, and a new gun.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm not satisfied with the quality of the pack, so I'm going to be updating it soon. It'll have optimized models, a few fixes, more recolors, and a new gun.
Are you using the same shader for the phazon as you did for Meta Knights concept sword?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Are you using the same shader for the phazon as you did for Meta Knights concept sword?
No but I'm using a similar material.

You guys gotta realize that materials and shaders dont do the same thing, it's like photoshop layers.

Materials hold all the textures, shows how they're displayed (IE is this texture a reflection or not? does it follow the camera? does it repeat at the edges of the texture or just stop?) and also sets the general transparency and lighting for the model in the header of the material (does this model glow? is it transparent? how bright should the stage lighting that it recieves be? what kind of fog and light set from the stage lighting applies to it?)

Shaders are all the math that combine those textures and lighting together, they tell the model to get the texture painted onto it, then have a reflection layered on top, then have the stage lighting apply to them. ETC.

TL;DR Materials work like layers in photoshop and hold all the info for how stuff looks, shaders are the actual math that put them together.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Something I always notice is that Samus' left shoulder armor always slants backwards when she's in a full walk for reason. Not a big deal, and not too noticeable unless you're paying attention to it, but it's something I've noticed on every model that isn't her default Brawl one. Kinda weird. Not sure if it can be remedied, but again, not a big deal.

I look forward to the update, @ Ryztiq Ryztiq !

Top Bottom