• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's pretty pixels: Round Two!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Sure thing

Mhm!

no floating platforms, that's lying to people on how a stage plays IMO.
I'll find a place that will fit for a fight.
*coughttherollercoastercoughwithfloatingplatformsjustincasethecoasterdipscough*

Feeling a tad sick there.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Sure thing

Mhm!

I don't quite understand the part about lying to people of your comment.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Sure thing

Mhm!

I think it'd be neat if the fight began on the water surface... But then Mecha Bowser rises and the fight moves on top of him, with roller coasters as moving platforms.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I think it'd be neat if the fight began on the water surface... But then Mecha Bowser rises and the fight moves on top of him, with roller coasters as moving platforms.
yup. yup. this is it. do this.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Mecha bowser is too much work, then the whole stage would be about that instead too.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Blast from the Past
That looks awesome!!! You know I do have one minor flaw with it. ITS NOT MEOWSER. ahem. But in all seriousness it looks really cool. but im also serious about wanting meowser

Last edited:

gnfz

Smash Rookie
As a huge Psychonauts fan, how about a Lucas or Ness cosplay of Razputin? They share the whole psychic theme and I think Raz is similarly proportioned to Lucas/Ness (short and small bodied with a large head).

Edit: Also, as someone new to the community, I just want to say I really like the setup you have with this thread. It seems like a great way to both pull ideas from the community and let them help decide the best. Your work is also amazing. I'm looking at making my first custom PM image and I'm definitely going to incorporate some of your work. Thank you.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That looks awesome!!! You know I do have one minor flaw with it. ITS NOT MEOWSER. ahem. But in all seriousness it looks really cool. but im also serious about wanting meowser
You'll have to forgive ConDeeCas ConDeeCas , he gets so excited about the smallest things, just the other day, I saw him sacrificing a dog to "Lord Meowser", kids these days, y'know!

He's also been afflicted with a cat bell for a while now, we've been trying to find someone who'll take care of his problem, but importing Goombas from the Mushroom Kingdom isn't as cheap as it once was. Still, for someone who wears a cat suit all day, he makes Nefnoj Nefnoj proud.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
You'll have to forgive ConDeeCas ConDeeCas , he gets so excited about the smallest things, just the other day, I saw him sacrificing a dog to "Lord Meowser", kids these days, y'know!

He's also been afflicted with a cat bell for a while now, we've been trying to find someone who'll take care of his problem, but importing Goombas from the Mushroom Kingdom isn't as cheap as it once was. Still, for someone who wears a cat suit all day, he makes Nefnoj Nefnoj proud.
JEEZ DAD GET OFF MY CASE!!! I'M NOT DEPENDENT ON IT!!! I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WA- wait plz no

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
VERY nice work! :D Can't wait to see what's next!

One question though why is this not a texture? Is it because of the eyes?
It says on one of the images that he slimmed down parts of the model to make it look more sinister. I'm sure the textures could be applied to a non-vertexed model though.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
This is an extremely early WIP but I'm excited about it so why not
Piercing the heavens isn't easy

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Umm, I encountered a small problem with the green screen room stage you made. I use a wifi-safe PM build on my Wii U and when i selected the stage, it crashed! Is it there a way to fix this? also i put the stage over STGONLINETRAINING.pac, which is the default. i hope you can help me with this.

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
I vaguely remember you making a kick-ass Shadow Mewtwo skin. Is that compatible with 3.6? I understand that the size of Mewtwo's tail was altered for 3.6.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I vaguely remember you making a kick-*** Shadow Mewtwo skin. Is that compatible with 3.6? I understand that the size of Mewtwo's tail was altered for 3.6.
If memory serves, it was the hitbox of Mewtwo's tail that got altered, not the size of the tail on the model. That skin should still work.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Umm, I encountered a small problem with the green screen room stage you made. I use a wifi-safe PM build on my Wii U and when i selected the stage, it crashed! Is it there a way to fix this? also i put the stage over STGONLINETRAINING.pac, which is the default. i hope you can help me with this.
The stage might not work on wii, it was build for dolphin.
I vaguely remember you making a kick-*** Shadow Mewtwo skin. Is that compatible with 3.6? I understand that the size of Mewtwo's tail was altered for 3.6.
Yeah it's compatible
Also D R I L L B O Y S

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
The stage might not work on wii, it was build for dolphin.
Thanks for the info, I wanted the stage because made a melee daisy texture for peach and i was trying to get the stage to take pics and make them CSPs, but I couldn't find a program compatible with my mac os x that could convert those in-game pics. bin2jpg doesn't work on my mac. I actually have the files for the skin, but I should ask SJS for CSPs if i really can't make them myself.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
>Simon/Roy
I liked him better as a vague reference, I think he needs an undershirt (dem low res pecs)
...but I'm gonna wait until the finished version before passing judgement

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Hey Theytah, gotta say man, I love the work you do, and your willingness to help out the Smash community is just overwhelming. Thanks for everything!

This said, is it okay if I ask something? I ran into your how-to videos on youtube, and they've been incredibly helpful.

But I was wondering how much you might know about importing game models from other games or even other systems like Gamecube, PS2, etc, and then prepping them for use in PM or general Brawl Mods?

I've been looking for tutorials step-by-step and it seems pretty daunting. It looks like there's multiple ways to rip models, and then there's cleaning and rigging and all this stuff, but how difficult and time-consuming is, say, taking a character from a PS2 game and prepping them for use in PM, with facial expressions and all?

I'd really like to learn more about it so I can see if I can pull it off myself. Thanks again!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hey Theytah, gotta say man, I love the work you do, and your willingness to help out the Smash community is just overwhelming. Thanks for everything!

This said, is it okay if I ask something? I ran into your how-to videos on youtube, and they've been incredibly helpful.

But I was wondering how much you might know about importing game models from other games or even other systems like Gamecube, PS2, etc, and then prepping them for use in PM or general Brawl Mods?

I've been looking for tutorials step-by-step and it seems pretty daunting. It looks like there's multiple ways to rip models, and then there's cleaning and rigging and all this stuff, but how difficult and time-consuming is, say, taking a character from a PS2 game and prepping them for use in PM, with facial expressions and all?

I'd really like to learn more about it so I can see if I can pull it off myself. Thanks again!
I've been meaning to make a tutorial on this, I'll get to it soon, the basis of it is though, if you can get a model into 3ds max, you can get it into the game.

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
I've been meaning to make a tutorial on this, I'll get to it soon, the basis of it is though, if you can get a model into 3ds max, you can get it into the game.
Whoa, sounds awesome...
Your entire tutorial series is pretty much THE "How-To" for Brawl Hacking at this rate.

By the way, would you recommend Blender at all as a model creation/editing program? Especially for our purposes with Brawl modding? It's pretty much the only one I have actual modeling experience in, although my knowledge is currently rather limited.

That, and 3DS Max is a bit pricey unless you download the trial, which is only 30 days. Or the student trial which is 3 years, but I'm not 'technically' a graphic arts student or anything, lol.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Whoa, sounds awesome...
Your entire tutorial series is pretty much THE "How-To" for Brawl Hacking at this rate.

By the way, would you recommend Blender at all as a model creation/editing program? It's pretty much the only one I have actual modeling experience in, although my knowledge is currently rather limited.

That, and 3DS Max is a bit pricey unless you download the trial, which is only 30 days. Or the student trial which is 3 years, but I'm not 'technically' a graphic arts student or anything, lol.
Max is free... If you can find it, huehuehue.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
The model wasn't actually changed, rather, it's his moveset data that alters his size - which is why Bowser also doesn't need all of his vBrawl .pac files. This means that any Mewtwo skin will automatically be resized to fit 3.6's dimensions.

Top Bottom