• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

They say life is what you make it

Link to original post: [drupal=3742]They say life is what you make it[/drupal]

I'm just an ordinary kid. A college student going to college for no reason to other than to conform to society's expectations. I don't have money and I don't have many friends. I don't have goals or aspirations. Everyday, I take the 54 bus to class, followed by the same bus home 4 hours later. There isn't much solace to be found in the mundane grind of life. When everyday is like yesterday, I can only hope that tomorrow will finally come.

As I walk out of class, I look at the endless streams of students mindlessly bustling along the corridors to their next class. One guy is wearing a nice-looking red plaid shirt and an expensive pair of Diesel jeans. The girl behind him is wearing a short skirt and denim top. My mind wanders aimlessly, desperately looking for something distract me from the crushing boredom. How many of them know each other? Where are these people going? Do they know where they are going?

I grow sick with the infinite monotony of the day-to-day. I suppose I'll go home.

And as if no time had passed at all, I'm at the bus stop, waiting for the bus with complete strangers in a nauseating familiarity. 5:30, the bus arrives. I shell out my $50 monthly bus pass from my pocket. God these buses are expensive. I walk on-board and sit in my usual seat in the middle of the bus. I stare blindly out of the window as the bus lazily lurches forward like an exhausted titan, struggling to pick himself up. The street looks the same as it did yesterday.

Tired, I reach for my headphones. I stare out the window. A song that I haven't listened to in awhile starts playing.

It's funny how the music put times in perspective
Add a soundtrack to your life and perfect it
Whenever you are feeling blue keep walking and we can get far
Wherever you are

I begin to relax, taking in my surroundings.

It's so hard to find a gig that lives up to the billing,
trying to find a reason to work, god willing
I admit, my thinking is wishful
like a star upon a child gazing up to the ceiling

A small child, no more than eight years old, moves through my field of vision. He's playing with a rubber bouncy ball, fascinated with the ball's restitution. Maybe he wants to be a scientist when he grows up.

Sit back to the breeze let the memories flow
comedy tragedy all the highs and lows

The trees I usually ignore start swaying in the wind. They rock back and forth to the beat, speaking silently with an unmatched eloquence.

just stroll through the trees and let your miseries go
sunshine hurricane all the highs and lows

The bus nonchalantly cruises past the park I see everyday. I see a couple sitting on the grass, enjoying themselves in each others' presence.

we can take it all back to the register
and start all over from the canister
let's break it all down into pieces of bright
moments that pass by like a meteorite

The bus stops at a stoplight. I look around. Everything looks the same as it did yesterday. Over the low hum of the bus engine, I smile for the first time today.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Nice read.

Yeah, life can be pretty boring at times, but hey, that's the way it is. I just try to find enjoyment out of the little things, like staring at the night sky and feeling like my entire being is being swallowed up by the sheer beauty and immensity of it.

hahah thanks for the input

and ballistics I have a healthy social life. I was more writing about how music can really open your eyes to the world.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
This is Creative Minds material without a doubt!

But then I don't blame you for posting here because in CM you would get 1 reply and then it would die :(

Top Bottom