• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

thes a backstory to luigi's Negative Zone

bronxboi87

Smash Cadet
Mario's shadow my ***. It's totally a 'shroom reference.
i wouldnt put it past the developers... i mean comeon... mario gets big when he eats a red shroom... gets a "new life" when he eats a green one... and starts trippin when he eats a bad shroom

bnestman

Smash Cadet
i think its from super paper mario
he doesn't do the dance in spm, though
As far as I remember there was no negative zone reference in super paper mario. Luigi was a bad guy for a while but...no negative zone powers I don't recall.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
I always thought of Negative Zone was how Luigi views reality. thats why hes the only one who can fight in it

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
I dont care where its from or what it represents.

Its the best final smash in the game (not actually by how good it is, its my personal favourite).

The Green Marth

Smash Cadet
not really a back story just represents the time he spent living in Mario's shadow
if thats the case, then this is probably what luigi thinks right before his FS.

'why cant I be as good as mario?'

why cant princess peach kiss me once in a while?!'

'IM TIRED OF BEING INFERIOR!!'
'THATS IT! I DONT CARE ABOUT BEING BETTER, I DONT CARE ABOUT TOADS OR BOWSERS OR ANYTHING!!'
at that moment, luigi is filled with so much rage he ironicly cracks and finds inner peace from admitting he doesnt care. the result is the weird dance and the negetive zone.

I hope that makes a good backstory, cause thats the way i see it.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
You know this reminds me of that Simpsons Episode where Ned Flanders releases all his rage because he stored it all these years. (But without the weird inverted effects)

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I'm guessing it's a loose reference to Super Paper Mario with its story of *SPM SPOOOOOIIIIILEEEERS* Luigi being the big figure in the prophecy and part of Super Dimentio and everything.

Or it's just random, which is probably more likely. *shrug*

Top Bottom