• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There's no vertical boost with fewer Pikmin.

B.W.

Smash Champion
"Olimar's Up-B now allows you to grab the ledge after an initial miss if you're in range, giving him a bit more leniency, and the vertical hop increases with fewer Pikmin, encouraging intelligent use of Pikmin throws." -PMBR

Taken straight from his character page.

I kind of had this hunch for a while, but I never actually went in game and tested it. Well here it is.

http://youtu.be/tfv73herkVk

PMBR why u lie?

steelguttey

mei is bei
yea i've noticed this too. weird thing is that on copies of dolphin where the pikmin count is ****ed up, this glitch is fixed. weird.

B.W.

Smash Champion
No, this is on console.

I did test it on Dolphin beforehand and thought "maybe it's just Dolphin messing the game up"

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Oh sorry, my fault. Did you also test 1, 2, and 3 pikmin? It might be possible that there is some kind of bonus to the jump but 4 pikmins get it too because they are "complete" or something...

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Weird... I know to not trust the website though after trying to save Luigi's misfire the way they said and going on the Luigi boards to find out it doesn't work at all the way say...

B.W.

Smash Champion
Luigi's misfire used to be stored in a different way. It's normal that they don't update the descriptions on the site but Olimar hasn't been changed so what the website says should be true.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yeah so Rat, a member of the PMBR, came up to me after I told him about the vertical hop Olimar is supposed to get.

Apparently PMBR says he's not supposed to have it and that the description must be a typo... That's a pretty specific typo PMBR, but okay.

I told Rat to tell them to add it anyway because it'd help Olimar a little bit.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Here's to hoping they implement something like that in the next build.

Top Bottom