• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THERES A USE - RWoI

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Reverse Wings of Icarus

Explanation of what I'm talking about:

Pit shorthops then up-b when Pit's foot is basically ground level, hold forwards and tap backwards on the c-stick. Pit should now be moving backwards. Trying to do this at any other height will cancel it, and Pit will attack.

Notes:

May only be used at ground level.
Must go up a little to cancel it with an aerial.
May switch to forwards again, after going backwards.
Can Wing Refresh using this, just like you could going forwards.

Why would you do this:

I actually found a USE for this.

Using Wing refresh, and good timing, you can Bair out of WoI, otherwise Pit turns around and does an Fair. Now if you wing refresh NORMALLY off stage, your Bair will obviously face the stage. Using this technique however, you can kill them with your Bair rather then your Fair

Why did I post this:

So we can find some more uses ^_^ besides looking cool, and possibly mindgames...

SuSa

its not bad its know but not bad, its called wing piviot.

shFairWoIWpBair nice half combo.
I looked and couldn't find anything about it, but may I ask if the bair actually hits?

Can anyone post a vid?
I will shortly, its really simple. Just try to fly in a backwards direction with Pit, you'll find it impossible except when you do this.

Internets bugging again, I cannot upload anything :|

i wonder how u pronounce that. :laugh:
You don't xD

kupo15

Smash Hero
If this is what i think it is, wont you pivot back in the direction you are flying after you leave the stage?

SuSa

Try it out for yourself, and no you won't. He remains flying backwards, and if timed right, you can Bair out of it facing away from stage, then quickly jump for the ledge, since it doubles as a wing refresh

kupo15

Smash Hero
cant atm but thats weird how you say Flying backwards then in the instructions you say he should not move backwards. I remember Skag telling me a while back and I held forward and C back and wing pivoted while moving quite fast then auto pivoted when i left the stage. I could only Bair the first second I left the platform

SuSa

cant atm but thats weird how you say Flying backwards then in the instructions you say he should not move backwards. I remember Skag telling me a while back and I held forward and C back and wing pivoted while moving quite fast then auto pivoted when i left the stage. I could only Bair the first second I left the platform
1. now* not not* I did a typo D: I should go fix that.
2. I do not autopivot when leaving stage.
3. The timing for the B-air is like instantly after you leave the stage xD

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
wing refresh bair! Sweet! I've got to try this! BTW in my 1st post I was thinking you were talking about something else XD

kupo15

Smash Hero
im still confused at one thing since i cant try it atm. If you can only do the Bair as soon as you leave the ledge, then how does that help if someone is above you. Also, you can wing refresh and pivot>Bair at anytime. :confused:

Top Bottom