• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There should be a ranking system

Larry Atona

Smash Rookie
Seriously, there should be a ranking system in the For Glory mode... I'm tired of always getting people that don't do anything else other than rolling all over the stage, spamming dash attacks, and smashes as if they're thinking "Ohh yeah, I'm totally going to win spamming totally punishable moves every time"...And they even think they're good too!! Getting one kill and taunting and teabagging and then after you win they would say something like "YOU SUCK" or "LOSER" I mean, really?

It seriously pisses me off, even at tournament mode 1v1 For Glory, I get to finals and think that I'm getting to play against someone good, but when I get to it, it's just someone spamming moves all over the place, and think, "How did you even get here OMFG"? Does seriously everyone needs to be @ss in this game?? Not to be rude or anything, but I just get to play against good people once out of 20 fights...

What do you think?

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
I think there is something like that already where you get matched with players based on winrate.

But you're right regardless.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
I don't see why they can't do it, when mario kart 8 had it already. Smash 4's online is just as bad as brawls in my eyes.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Seriously, there should be a ranking system in the For Glory mode... I'm tired of always getting people that don't do anything else other than rolling all over the stage, spamming dash attacks, and smashes as if they're thinking "Ohh yeah, I'm totally going to win spamming totally punishable moves every time"...And they even think they're good too!! Getting one kill and taunting and teabagging and then after you win they would say something like "YOU SUCK" or "LOSER" I mean, really?

It seriously pisses me off, even at tournament mode 1v1 For Glory, I get to finals and think that I'm getting to play against someone good, but when I get to it, it's just someone spamming moves all over the place, and think, "How did you even get here OMFG"? Does seriously everyone needs to be @ss in this game?? Not to be rude or anything, but I just get to play against good people once out of 20 fights...

What do you think?
I just find for glory as a place to warmup, then I go on the real thing, (anthers ladder)

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I just find for glory as a place to warmup, then I go on the real thing, (anthers ladder)
Pretty much. Anther's Ladder (which is also known as Smash Ladder) uses a ranking system like you want, and the players there are generally much nicer there (though you still find the occasional bad sport there). The competition there is also much stronger overall than on For Glory, so I'd recommend signing up if you want to face legitimately good players.

I've actually stopped playing For Glory on the Wii U personally. I still play it on the 3ds because my opponents can't change tags, but I just got tired of dealing with rude players on Wii U.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Their should be matchmaking....

@ Spoice Spoice not really...because brawl was litreally unplayable online but this game is definitely playable i get a great connection majority of the time.

But yes i know what u mean as in...no matchmaking...and in game voice and text messaging..

Thats a Nintendo...thing...though

Last edited:

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Their should be matchmaking....

@ Spoice Spoice not really...because brawl was litreally unplayable online but this game is definitely playable i get a great connection majority of the time.

But yes i know what u mean as in...no matchmaking...and in game voice and text messaging..

Thats a Nintendo...thing...though
Except with all the things considered (for glory players, bad tournament mode, SO MUCH INPUT LAG) It's just as bad as Brawl's online.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Except with all the things considered (for glory players, bad tournament mode, SO MUCH INPUT LAG) It's just as bad as Brawl's online.
I still disagree it can be really bad sometimes i agree but like i said brawl imo was complete trash.

And this game is miles better.

I sold brawl and my Wii
A little over 4 months after Brawl came out.

I still have my WiiU now and i still play Sm4sh.
Although it is very boring now...and pretty much gonna take a huge break when Gears of War UE comes out.

I might come back if they add K.Rool or Ridley....

But only K.Rool & Ridley would make me come back.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Along with that there should be a way to make it so only people in the same region can play against you, like if the connection is over some set parameter
Regional matchmaking would be nice as an option, though how much can it really help in Smash? Anecdotal evidence, but I had matches against Europeans and Asians with next to no lag and I also had matches against South Americans (I live in SA) with terrible lag, so I'd say the player's connections are more important than the distance between then. Of course, two players living in South America with great connections will have less lag (maybe no lag at all) than two players with great connections living in different continents, but still.

I am more interested in regional matchmaking for Splatoon, because seriously lag is ruining that game for me and many others.

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
Regional matchmaking would be nice as an option, though how much can it really help in Smash? Anecdotal evidence, but I had matches against Europeans and Asians with next to no lag and I also had matches against South Americans (I live in SA) with terrible lag, so I'd say the player's connections are more important than the distance between then. Of course, two players living in South America with great connections will have less lag (maybe no lag at all) than two players with great connections living in different continents, but still.
I am more interested in regional matchmaking for Splatoon, because seriously lag is ruining that game for me and many others.
Thats why i said there should be some parameter that determines if the lag is too much you shouldnt match with them.

Also yeah, why is almost everyone I play in Splatoon Japanese?

Top Bottom