• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U There is no SD card...

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
my god, do i really have to go out and buy a gawdam SD card to get it to stfu about this already?

Coyote Gospel

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I happened to have a small one I'll never use and I just shoved it in there to get the thing to shut up. Really dumb decision to have that in there.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
It stopped for me by the third time I started the game. It won't shut up about spot pass being off for me though...

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Boy am I glad Nintendo didn't go Sony with memory cards and had a cheap spare one for my camera lying around to end this nuisance. *Grumbles about how much my vita's 32 gig memory card was*

Last edited:

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
YES! This is so freaking annoying! Why do I need three separate notices when I start the game telling me that I can't save pictures because an sd card isn't inserted??
And WHY the heck do I need an sd card anyways, when the Wii U has internal memory that it will happily use for everything else?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I'm so heated, me and my friends during our party had the best accident happen where Mario was in a pose with his hands up, and was next to Rosalina, who was also with her hands up, but one of Mario's hands was right on Rosalina's breast and it looked like she was getting groped and I wanted to save a snapshot but I didn't have an SD card in at the time.

Least my friends took pics on their phones.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I already have a SD card on my Wii U, because when I needed more space, I thought I needed a SD card, but then I realize I needed a flash drive...

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
Brawl didn't need SD cards! Why does this game need them? I guess you can just post to Miiverse to get around this.

ffadicted

Smash Rookie
Ya it's pretty ridiculous that it bothers you about it EVERY single time... also why the hell do you need SD card to take pictures? lol brawl didn't need it, can't see why wii u should be any different

R0Y

Smash Master
Funny thing, I had a 16 MB SD card with nothing on it. Sure, it stopped the message from coming up, but when I went to save snapshots it said there wasn't one, probably because of its insanely low size. I kind of wish there was an option to turn it off; the Global Smash Power ranking on the screen can go too.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ya it's pretty ridiculous that it bothers you about it EVERY single time... also why the hell do you need SD card to take pictures? lol brawl didn't need it, can't see why wii u should be any different
Brawl was Brawl, a 2008 game, released for the Wii. Smash 4 is Smash 4, a 2014 game, released for the Wii U. Two different games entirely. Whatever worked for Brawl doesn't mean anything in regards of Smash 4, as whatever worked for Melee didn't mean anything for Brawl, etc.

Anyways, a SD card is pretty cheap. Don't get why some of you are so angry about having to insert a random SD card in the Wii U.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Brawl was Brawl, a 2008 game, released for the Wii. Smash 4 is Smash 4, a 2014 game, released for the Wii U. Two different games entirely. Whatever worked for Brawl doesn't mean anything in regards of Smash 4, as whatever worked for Melee didn't mean anything for Brawl, etc.

Anyways, a SD card is pretty cheap. Don't get why some of you are so angry about having to insert a random SD card in the Wii U.
because it seems most cant even afford a $26 SD card or even a $8 one. What is so bad about having pictures saved to an SD card anyway? It isnt that hard to say the least
Its like how everyone was complaing that $2 or a theme on the 3DS was to much. how cheap do you have to be to complain about $2 themes?

Last edited:

Ninpalk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ninpalk
3DS FC
2148-8192-8931
I guess this is a way how Nintendo is partnering with every SD card company ever to help them get sales. (Not really)

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
You could do that, but then you'd be missing out on those high quality 1920x1080 pixel snapshots that you could be uploading.
You could still post the high resolution screenshot to other websites while using the web browser while Smash Bros. is suspended. At least you can with other Wii U games, I haven't tried it myself in Smash Wii U.

I just brought my Wii SD card over to my Wii U when I transferred all my Wii games over. An SD card was mandatory for the Wii if you were going to get many digital games. So, I'm kind of surprised more people don't already have that SD card available.

Top Bottom