• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory: Use W-dee's to recover decay.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
We're discovering more and more about how the move decay works, the general idea is that after using a move(if it connects), it will do less damage and less knockback every use after that. The only way to recharge the power of your move is use other attacks that connect. I will be able to test this on friday, but can anyone with brawl see if they can recharge attacks by hitting Waddle Dee's with less useful moves.

Example of this theory in action: You KO the other player, and in your few seconds of downtime you throw 2 waddledees and hit them with ... Down B, neutral A, or any move you don't use much in order to recharge your other attack's power.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Well, it seems like a good idea to test. I would imagine it would work. I doubt the game even cares if it is a hit on a W-dee, as long as you use the move. I may be (and probably am) wrong there, and if so, then this would certainly be a good tactic for Dedede to have.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This is correct. Hitting your own Waddle Dees is treated as hitting any other object. I spammed Dedede's D-throw at Shadow Moses until it did 3%-4% each throw. Then I threw Dees and Doos (not hitting my opponent with them) and then spammed Down Special on them. When I went back and did more D-throws, they were dealing full damage again.

Additional Tidbits:
The walls of Shadow Moses also negate Stale Moves.
Hitting Smash Ball negates Stale Moves.
Dedede's Final Smash only counts for one hit in regards to Stale Moves, no matter how many Dees, Doos, and Gordos hit your opponent.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Very pleased it works, I'll be having another Brawl filled weekend this weekend (+melee/brawl tourny woo) let's see if we can find out any more little tricks for the big Guy

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Nice to think about, DDD is indeed powerful (you are strong in the force young one). DDD probably has a lot of tricks up his sleeve that we can still figure out...

Top Bottom