• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Theory: The economic mario conspiracy

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Alright spoilers warning for those who have not played Mario and Luigi super star saga.

This is a theory me and my brother came up with when talking about our play though of super star saga. Before I explain the theory however I will need to catch you up to speed with the evidence.

For those who don't know the game takes place in bean bean kingdom with Mario, Luigi, and browser going after the evil cackletta. When the ship crash lands due to her minions fawful's intervention they find them selves on the boarder of the two nations, when they try to enter they find Tolstar stopping their progress unless they pay him 100 bean bean coins, they already have 100 mushroom kingdom coins, but when they try to hand mushroom kingdom coins to him he says 100 mushroom coins = only 10 bean bean coins.

We can deduce that bean bean coins are already more valuable than mushroom kingdom coins, but it gets worse, much worse.

Later in the game when (spoilers) peach gets kidnapped by bowletta (cackletta inhabiting bowser's body) she offers the peach in return for the bean bean star (the mcguffin of the game) which is shattered into pieces. Prince peasly bets the Mario bros 99,999,999,999,999 mushroom coins he can get the star pieces before the protagonist. When he enviably fails he makes good on his promise at the end of the game giving the Mario bros 99 bean bean coins. Which means the mushroom kingdom economy really crashed while bowser, mario, peach, and luigi where away.

Why?

Well, I theorize that Bowser and Mario is absolutely necessary for the mushroom kingdom economy. After mushroom kingdom is a place in which money literally grows on floating bricks, inflation would be a huge problem and the Mario and Luigi example I finished telling you about is very strong evidence supporting that rather logical conclusion. What this has to do with Mario and Bowser is very strait forward, Mario and every game collect many of the coins though out the levels on his way to Bowser. If one can reduce the supply of currency the more valuable it becomes. Meaning that without Bowser always kidnapping peach that mushroom kingdom doesn't have anyone to help stop the inflation.

Which would also explain why you never keep coins from game to game, because the need to be destroyed in order to keep the banks at mushroom kingdom happy. So what do you guys think?

Top Bottom