• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory - Some Chars only playable in SSE? Reasons from Sticker Leak

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
About the whole Jigglypuff/Ness/Lucario/sticker/playable character thing:

I have found a conclusion(s) that can lead to something about the SSE.

I used colors just to try to make things easier to find/read. Conclusions are colored green, this does not mean that I think that the conclusion is a thing that is good or something I like, i just used the color:) Same with the Colors used for the "list of reasons" title/headline things. I just used dif colors for the reasons to make them easier to find.

Sorry for long post. To make it shorter and simplier i will just make it more like a list. Please no negative comments, if you don't agree or don't think something is likely, just say so. This is not a list of: 'This will happen and I want it to' Conclusions. I just want some discussion :D
Part One is right below, Part Two is past the halfway mark about, it's about Mewtwo still being in Brawl.

Part One
+++++++++++++++++
Some possibilities from info/evidence about Stickers, Jiggly/Ness/Lucario leak, and may be other stuff.

List of Reasons 1:
1. DOJO says that Chars with sticker power ups are only powered up in SSE. Although this could just be because they think that the power ups could result in unfairness in versus matches, it can have another reason.
2. If they did allow chars in Versus to be powered up by stickers, then people could have complaints about things like this: Ex: 'Weee im going to use stickers to power up Lucario! Wait, nvm i dont want to do that because i cant use Lucario in Versus, and if i waste my stickers on him and my friends use their stickers on playable chars in Versus mode, they're gonna be a lot stronger than me! I will use it on Mario isntead. Later: darn i wanna use my stickers for Lucario but i shouldnt! SSE is so much harder tho without stickers. this is frustrating.

List of Reasons 2:
1. some chars in SSE will be purposefully be made more powerful than others, and they will not be playable in Versus cus they too strong. (hopefully tho, if this happens, they'll make 2 dif Versus modes, 1 is for all chars including powerful chars, and the other is for 'Official and fair' chars. and hopefully they will decide to make 2 dif Versus modes too, 1 for sticker pwoer ups and the 'official and fair' without)

Conclusion 1: Some characters in SSE are playable only in SSE and cannot be playable in versus mode.

-----------------

Conclusion 2: They won't have 2 dif Versus Modes, 1 with the overpowered chars.

-----------------

Conclusion 3: Ness and/or Jigglypuff and/or Lucario will not be playable in Versus Mode. (or they will if they make 2 dif Versus modes. if they do, they could be put into 1 of them.

List of Reasons 3:

1. Nintendo could have showed those icons on purpose (in the How to Play video).
Three reasons:
- They wanted to 'entertain' (may be thats not the best word) cus they know some of us are getting really impatient, so they wanted to show us that to make us more patient.
- It was a test to see how fast leaked info would get out, so if they did leak more info they'd know how fast it would be discovered, if most ppl would believe it, and/or how much more it makes us patient (may be it makes some ppl more impatient tho)
- They just wanted to trick us and have fun - probably not likely :)
2. DOJO says something like : 'Ness, who has been in the Smash bros. series until now'.

Conflusion 4: One or a combination or all of the following: Ness, Jigglypuff, Lucario (MAY BE its not Lucario, but probably is) may not be in Brawl

Part Two
+++++++++++++++++

Reasons for Mewtwo still being in Brawl

1. The trailer, or at least that part of the How to Play Video, could have been made a few months ago. A few months would be enough time for bug testing, AND MAKING Mewtwo. So, may be they did not put him in the game yet.
2. Mewtwo cannot be powered up by groudon. May be it's because he's an evil character, and you cant play as him, cus he is like Wario/Bowser with the Trophy Guns, so he does not appear.
3. If Mewtwo is playable in SSE, it could be the type of Pokemon he is that Groudon does not power him. May be Groudon's effect was something like: Less knockback, which makes sense cus Groudon is a Ground(or mud?) pokemon, and he is big and heavy (translators, could you translate the description of Groudon's sticker please?), and the knockback may not apply to Mewtwo because Mewtwo hovers insted of walks or something like that. May be the sticker powers up you Head or something, and Mewtwo does not fight with Headbutts, etc.
4. They could have been blanking out the icons, but they only blanked out Mewtwo (and may be more?), but forgot to blank out the rest. Or may be the people who were responsible for making that part of the video were trusted, but they did not finish in time or they forgot to finish it, and there was a lack of communication so the people who presented the video trusted that they'd take out anything that would leak info, but they didnt know cus they were not contacted in time. So that is another reason.
5. This is not true and those who posted the video/pics were just tricking us (probably not likely)
6. They might not have unlocked Mewtwo yet when that part of the video was taken place.
7. Mewtwo's just not in SSE, he's a secret secret character. 1st 'secret' because there are secret branches off of the SSE where you unlock some secret chars. 2nd 'secret' because he's not even in a secret branch in the storyline.
8. The Reasons from 'List of Reasons 3'
If Mewtwo's in Brawl, i think the biggest reason he was not with Jiggly, Pika, PT, and Lucario(may be hes not Lucario tho!), is because he's an evil char in the SSE and therefore you can't play as him.

If there is a special mode you can unlock where you play on the evil side of the SSE instead of the good side (Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, etc.) then a reason why he is not able to be powered up by Groudon is just cus you can't power up evil chars in the evil mode.

What makes me think that its something related with Nintendo tricking us/testing how fast leaks get around, is that the DOJO said something like: 'Ness, who has been in the Smash bros. series until now'.
But then again, that statement could also mean 'Ness, who has (known to have) been in the Smash bros. series until now, (BECAUSE HE"S A SECRET CHAR OMG!!!!, and you guys don't know about it yet so that is why i said 'until now' "

Sorry if my organisation is bad and/or if this is so long :) I wanna hear some ideas and discussions! :)

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
This is the stupidest thing I've read on these boards.

Creating a 3D model of a character, giving it a moveset and voice actor, and then only making it appear in SSE? Even though it doesn't cost anything to also make it available for Versus mode.

Doesn't make any sense at all.

You know what IS possible? That some characters are only available in Versus mode.
Why? Because they couldn't fit them into the story, they're either too obscure or are villains.
Sakurai already said not every character would be unlocked via SSE, so there's a good possibility not everyone can be used in SSE either.

Conclusion: You got it all backwards.

Khopstix

Smash Rookie
I think you had some good points but Lucario is probably in the versus mode. I don't think that they would make a character so popular just for SSE. As for Mewtwo maybe he was replaced with Lucario which is fine in my opinion (I like Mewtwo don't get me wrong). Lucario FTW!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well a leaker did say Ness only appeared in Subspace Emmisary... but... it sounds very stupid...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are you serious? THis makes less sense than the "Why Ness isnt playable" thread.

THey would not MAKE a 3-D model and give the character a moveset just for SSE.... They wouldnt do this for Jiggs, Ness, OR Lucario even if they had!

Lucario is too popular not to be playable (Which he is, this theory is absolutely ridiculous)
Jiggs... I dont even need to say it
Ness - OF course he's playable! He was bound to come back! Wake up people!

Alright, Im going to say it... STOP COMING UP WITH THESE LUDICROUS THEORYS JUST BECAUSE CHARACTERS YOU DONT LIKE MADE IT IN!! ENOUGH!!

Im tired of it, and Im sure every other reasonable SWF member is tired of it. Theyre in. End of story, end of speculation. Good day.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
There are sooo many flaws in that reasoning.

Why would they make characters only playable in single player? I don't think Nintendo worked soo hard to have they're **** not used.

Give it up. Lucario, Jiggs, and Ness are playable

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
KrbyKong, you're just as wrong as the OP, the idea that villains wont have a playable storyline in SEE is just terrible. Wrong. I cant put into words how stupid it is to consider a situation where Sakurai would ignore characters storylines just because of their moral standing.

Now back on topic~

I find it funny how people are creating theories based around who they want/dont want in the Brawl PC roster. Shame alot of effort went into the OP, but lots of '+', coloured writing and font resizing doesnt cut it. Although it does provide the illusion of a realistic theory.

fantasyfreak999

Smash Rookie
...........do you seriously think this would happen? do you know how upset that would make EVERYONE?! that's one of the WORST things that they could do with game!

also, you say these things like you know that they're true, when you don't have any real evidence. and 2 different vs. modes? they're not going to do that.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
If they really made characters ONLY playable in SSE, I would be super ticked, and I can't imagine it would be taken in with happiness by many of the smash community. Honestly, how disappointed would u be to discover that a character you've grown to love in the single player mode-a player you've gotten good with-cannot actually be used in a competitive environment, or when you're just relaxing playin' some smash with your friends?

Also, while I can still see your point, Reason 1 doesn't exactly have a good explanation to your theory...that's not to say I don't see any substance to it...it's made me aprehensive now ;)

I know people are suggesting Nintendo showed us that on purpose, to sort of screw with us, but as far as I'm concerned with Nintendo, I have a little more respect for their integrity than that. (at least those in charge of smash). I highly doubt Nintendo would put that out as a joke to "see how everyone responds". They certainly would not put it out to try to fool the world into false hope of two returning veterans (who held popularity and unique gameplay) as well as an apparent "pioneer of 4th generation pokemon" (I heard hes like the pikachu of this generation pokemon). It's just bad press. It looks bad on their part, and it disappoints their fans. Disappointed fans bring less money to the table, there is no real reason to give your consumers false hope, especially in the case of smash.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
2 Different Versus modes is where I stopped reading >.<...
>.> Sakurai think that all the characters in the game are balanced when he releases it. People don't INTENTIONALLY make overpowered characters, so there wouldn't be a second mode just for them.

Also, you do have it backwards. Not all PCs appear in SSE, but all SSE PCs appear in everywhere else PCs go.
-DD

EPX2

Smash Ace
Let's see, a game where the multiplayer aspect is obviously the main draw and you think Nintendo would make as stupid a decision as making certain characters exclusive to SINGLE-PLAYER... you know, the mode that likely won't be receiving as much playtime as the Brawl mode.

Yeah, no. This theory is pretty just... not good. At all.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
This is the stupidest thing I've read on these boards.

Creating a 3D model of a character, giving it a moveset and voice actor, and then only making it appear in SSE? Even though it doesn't cost anything to also make it available for Versus mode.

Doesn't make any sense at all.

You know what IS possible? That some characters are only available in Versus mode.
Why? Because they couldn't fit them into the story, they're either too obscure or are villains.
Sakurai already said not every character would be unlocked via SSE, so there's a good possibility not everyone can be used in SSE either.

Conclusion: You got it all backwards.
took the words out of my mouth

Tanea

Smash Ace
hmm i have heard that as well it's a weird theory but i don't know doesn't seem impossible but hopefully not

also i heard thst you can do that with ATs but who knows oh well will just have to wait

iron blade

Smash Ace
The only characters they do that with are ATs. Sakurai said not everyone you see in the SSE is playable, sometimes ATs come and help you.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If you read the DOJO thoroughly, you would know that "And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles." Sakurai.
Fission Mailed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Honestly, there would be no reason to make characters only playable in SubSpace. All Sakurai said was you cant use stickers in vs mode. How the heck did you pull Subspace only characters from that? :/

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
"This is the stupidest thing I've read on these boards."

I second this.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Probably the worst theory ever created, It literally makes 0 sense to make a moveset for a character and for them to only be playable in SSE.

Top Bottom