• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory regarding the Phantom

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Well, I think the color scheme is more important to understand it's Zelda than the glowing eyes, but this time, it's my opinion.

Edit: There's also another thing that bother me with the idea of merging the TP and the SP Zelda: timelines.

OoT and TP exist in the same timeline (well, OoT is in every timelines), but how the TP Zelda can use things that don't belong in her universe?

I know there's connections between the timelines (Majora's Mask in ALBW for exemple), and that in a crossover, logic don't really apply, but... I dunno, it really bother me :laugh:
Well, that's assuming she IS TP Zelda. She definitely uses her TP appearance, but I think we should treat each character as self-contained, not actually being a specific incarnation from any one of their respective games. For example, if we assumed Zelda in Brawl was her TP incarnation, her use of Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, and Farore's Wind are all non-canonical, as she was never shown to have those specific spells, nor was she ever implied to have been able to use them. OoT Zelda was never shown to be able to use those specific spells either, so her Melee incarnation is also non-canonical (not to mention the implementation of the spells are all non-canon). However, unlike the Phantom theory, it isn't too farfetched to claim that she CAN use those moves - they're well within her ability to use magic. The problem with her being able to use a Phantom as opposed to her being able to use the Goddess spells is that it directly contradicts what we know Phantoms to be - in Phantom Hourglass, they are creations of Bellum. In Spirit Tracks, they are guardians of the Tower of Spirits. Zelda should not be able to summon them as extensions of herself since they are not her creations (they're implied to have been created either by the Lokomo or the Spirits of Good - most likely the latter), and she can only control them by possessing them in spirit form after they've been stunned.

However, this is all assuming that the Phantom is actually a Phantom and not a random suit of armor that shares the appearance of a Phantom.

So. in conclusion...

We don't know anything :c

Top Bottom