• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Ridley stage boss is ****ing dope. They really do the character justice.

Mewtwo's character model looks pretty nice I can't lie. I hope they overhaul his moves, but keep his F-throw from Melee; that's some DBZ type ****. Really gonna miss Snake, though. Oh well...

You never know though. He could come back. Snake and Pit dual codex lol.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
i remember there was a pitchfork mob here for Sakurai when it was discovered Mewtwo wasn't in. you Mewtwo fans all doubted him too early smh.

i think that the roster is practically perfect now with the incoming dlc.

D

Deleted member

How come all of you guys are so ungrateful?! We get this terrible lackluster roster for Smash Bros then after about 6 years we finally get a playable Mewtwo again, the only character that was really missing. And the most you can say about him is that he "opens the portal for DLC"... WHAT THE F*** people? what is that? We don't need Issac, Captain Toad (though i like him), Shadow, Silver, Dr.Eggman, Metalface, and Olimar Jr. in smash! you people need to be grateful for once... please, just once, for this roster we have, please people... We don't need more characters anymore, It's almost as if all of you Mewtwo fans cared about Mewtwo when he was gone, but once he came back, it was no longer about him, but the possibilities that he can open up.
We don't need extra Stages, extra Non-Mewtwo characters, Bullet Bill mode or any of that.

I hope that Nintendo keeps it so you still have to get both games for Mewtwo, that Mewtwo won't be available on eshop, only available by linking the versions. and *drumroll* the big #1 that Mewtwo is the only DLC ever and that nobody else can be downloaded besides from him.

People... be grateful for once.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
What terrible lackluster roster are you referring to because Brawl was awesome for the time.
Why are you allowed to trash that roster but others can't trash this new one?

That's coming from someone who adores both; just let people complain about whatever they want...
Yes, some people just like to hear themselves complain--
but some people have legit gripes and just because YOU'RE happy doesn't mean everyone is forced to be.

D

Deleted member

What terrible lackluster roster are you referring to because Brawl was awesome for the time.
Why are you allowed to trash that roster but others can't trash this new one?

That's coming from someone who adores both; just let people complain about whatever they want...
Yes, some people just like to hear themselves complain--
but some people have legit gripes and just because YOU'RE happy doesn't mean everyone is forced to be.
EDIT2: The lackluster roster was directed at Smash 4, not Brawl. brawl's roster what good because despite the fact that my favorite character wasn't in and couldn't be replaced, Had Mewtwo never been in smash bro's roster was a huge step up.
In smash 4 however, Sakurai knew the significance of Mewtwo and others, we expected more. But then what do we get? CRAP!
the initial roster of Smash 4 is lackluster but now that Mewtwo is in the roster is good. and yes, i basically play smash for one character:Mewtwo, that's my preference. and to be honest i view it like this:

So there is this dish you are cooking, (Characters) so at first you get one topping, some seasoning, the sauce, the added flavor, the accessories, however, there is one thing missing from this... The base item on which this is to go onto (Mewtwo). so instead you just decide to clump all of the toppings together with super glue (clones), and call it a day.

However, neither the toppings, nor the base item are any good separated, so when you try to accommodate for this by adding in super glue it becomes a mess. The point being that all of the Smash content and characters are of little value but they together lead up to what will make the entire game good alone... Mewtwo.

That's why without the Mewtwo DLC, smash 4's roster sucks to no end.
And Mewtwo is the only character who can solidify the game which is why we don't need excess (other DLC)

:mewtwomelee:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The lackluster roster was directed at Smash 4, not Brawl. Brawl's roster what good because despite the fact that my favorite character wasn't in and couldn't be replaced, Had Mewtwo never been in smash Brawl's roster was a huge step up.
In smash 4 however, Sakurai knew the significance of Mewtwo and others, we expected more. But then what do we get? CRAP!
the initial roster of Smash 4 is lackluster but now that Mewtwo is in the roster is good. and yes, i basically play smash for one character:Mewtwo, that's my preference. and to be honest i view it like this:

So there is this dish you are cooking, (Characters) so at first you get one topping, some seasoning, the sauce, the added flavor, the accessories, however, there is one thing missing from this... The base item on which this is to go onto (Mewtwo). so instead you just decide to clump all of the toppings together with super glue (clones), and call it a day.

However, neither the toppings, nor the base item are any good separated, so when you try to accommodate for this by adding in super glue it becomes a mess. The point being that all of the Smash content and characters are of little value but they together lead up to what will make the entire game good alone... Mewtwo.

That's why without the Mewtwo DLC, smash 4's roster sucks to no end.
And Mewtwo is the only character who can solidify the game which is why we don't need excess (other DLC)

:mewtwomelee:
I know your feel , Brawl seem empty for me without Mewtwo , but when i discover Sonic in Brawl ( I was and i am an hardocore Sonic fan , but i don't really spoil me about the game and his character and never look at the back of the box IMO . ) I feel the same joy i have for the Mewtwo annoncement for SM4SH ... And now i can't see another Smash Game without the Eternal and best rival of Mario : Sonic .

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
How come all of you guys are so ungrateful?! We get this terrible lackluster roster for Smash Bros then after about 6 years we finally get a playable Mewtwo again, the only character that was really missing. And the most you can say about him is that he "opens the portal for DLC"... WHAT THE F*** people? what is that? We don't need Issac, Captain Toad (though i like him), Shadow, Silver, Dr.Eggman, Metalface, and Olimar Jr. in smash! you people need to be grateful for once... please, just once, for this roster we have, please people... We don't need more characters anymore, It's almost as if all of you Mewtwo fans cared about Mewtwo when he was gone, but once he came back, it was no longer about him, but the possibilities that he can open up.
We don't need extra Stages, extra Non-Mewtwo characters, Bullet Bill mode or any of that.

I hope that Nintendo keeps it so you still have to get both games for Mewtwo, that Mewtwo won't be available on eshop, only available by linking the versions. and *drumroll* the big #1 that Mewtwo is the only DLC ever and that nobody else can be downloaded besides from him.

Not everyone is excited for Mewtwo. Some are, some aren't. The people who aren't are still excited that there will be possible future DLC because of him. I have no idea what this DLC will be and I'm excited. Not everyone can adore Mewtwo like you do, and it's great that they still found something good from his announcement. Chill.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I know your feel , Brawl seem empty for me without Mewtwo , but when i discover Sonic in Brawl ( I was and i am an hardocore Sonic fan , but i don't really spoil me about the game and his character and never look at the back of the box IMO . ) I feel the same joy i have for the Mewtwo annoncement for SM4SH ... And now i can't see another Smash Game without the Eternal and best rival of Mario : Sonic .
Same with you bro. Sonic being in Smash is almost as making Smash a successful Nintendo game ever. People worldwide still dream and wish for more Sonic and Mario crossover, and even more like Mega Man, so Sonic returning to next Smash can be possible. In my opinion, Sonic is almost part of the Nintendo family now, as Nintendo and Sega's relationship became great since the 90's console wars.

Not everyone is excited for Mewtwo. Some are, some aren't. The people who aren't are still excited that there will be possible future DLC because of him. I have no idea what this DLC will be and I'm excited. Not everyone can adore Mewtwo like you do, and it's great that they still found something good from his announcement. Chill.
I'm well excited that Mewtwo's coming back, he's important to the Pokemon roster, but I think I can understand why other's aren't. Mewtwo back in Melee was so complicated; his move sets weren't really satisfying, he's too light, almost being weak in many meanings. As I saw that polygon graphic in the beginning and as Sakurai said Melee is too old which is impossible to bring anything back, I think this Mewtwo is the brand new version as they're making him from the scratch. It may be possible that he can be more different than the Melee version, which he can be little heavier and larger and use a same but more different move sets. But I do wish he could be more different than Lucario as I do believe he's not a clone.
But even though anybody are excited or not about Mewtwo, his reveal did mean there may be more DLC characters in the future. It could be someone who were most requested, or unexpected like Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, Duck Hunt, etc. And Speaking of Duck Hunt, he still have his trailer left to be revealed, which may possibly mean there might be another Smash direct regarding to something more. I'm hoping for more DLCs, like a pack.

So we got peeps who aren't happy with the game, and peeps who are telling others how to feel about the game.

I think both of these types of people aren't any better than the other; you're both pretty annoying.

Either buy the game or not. Do you.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I'm happy Mewtwo's coming back for two reasons:

A. I think Mewtwo was a neat character in Melee.
B. Since DLC characters are a thing, I may still get Dixie/Issac/Iceys.

These boards have as much drama as The Young and the Restless. :/

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's announcement just got me excited for the possibility of Dixie Kong, Lip, and a few others to possibly be added since I personally couldn't care less about Mewtwo. Though with all of that being said I'm still not getting my hopes up since characters take a while to create and Mewtwo isn't going to be out until spring... if he's the only extra character we're getting I wouldn't be too surprised but I hope he isn't.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting it but I'd totally buy a "Classic Ridley" dlc that put him on the roster if it ever came out. I agree Pakky. I'd be totally ok with a boss Ridley and classic not-dumb-looking Ridley as playable, or even a Smash redesigned Ridley kind of like how they redid Peach for Smash.

Anyone think we may see another dlc character when they show off Duck Hunt Dog? I mean, Sakurai more or less played with peoples expectations and showed off Bowser Juniors instead of DHD, so I wouldn't put it past them to show off another work in progress dlc character after DHDs trailer.

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I'm not expecting it but I'd totally buy a "Classic Ridley" dlc that put him on the roster if it ever came out. I agree Pakky. I'd be totally ok with a boss Ridley and classic not-dumb-looking Ridley as playable, or even a Smash redesigned Ridley kind of like how they redid Peach for Smash.

Anyone think we may see another dlc character when they show off Duck Hunt Dog? I mean, Sakurai more or less played with peoples expectations and showed off Bowser Juniors instead of DHD, so I wouldn't put it past them to show off another work in progress dlc character after DHDs trailer.
I'm hoping there may be more DLC for that trailer. Character or stages, they should make a downloadable pack like they did in Mario Kart 8. And since Mewtwo's in there, maybe a "Returning Veterans Pack"?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, there is no more DLC. it is times like this that i wish that either Mewtwo was in from the start or not in at all, fuc* other DLC. It isn't coming. Now the mods need to close this thread. We "found" the unrevealed character, this isn't DLC, this is a BONUS! so lets end this thread guys!

EDIT: i'm outta here. but it was nice talking to you all prior to having Mewtwo revealed.
Good luck with your extra DLC that will never come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Guys, there is no more DLC. it is times like this that i wish that either Mewtwo was in from the start or not in at all, fuc* other DLC. It isn't coming. Now the mods need to close this thread. We "found" the unrevealed character, this isn't DLC, this is a BONUS! so lets end this thread guys!

EDIT: i'm outta here. but it was nice talking to you all prior to having Mewtwo revealed.
Geez, no need to be such a Debbie Downer :ohwell:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I kind of feel sorry for Ridley fans. Not going to lie I really wanted him in the game for a metroid rep.

Let's look on the bright side he's the coolest boss in the game able to join you and be king of the stage. To bad I hate stage hazards

Maybe one day he will be dlc but I don't want to get my hopes up. Atleast we have mewtwo.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

What's it called when people get what they want and then turn into, well, this? I know there's a word for it but I just can't recall. Also you can get Mewtwo without buying both versions so it's a bonus and paid DLC at the same time.

I also highly doubt Mewtwo is the only character that will be dlc. I'm holding out for Classic Ridley as DLC since he and the clone aren't the same Ridley and they even have the 75m stage from Brawl coming back which has the same sort of theme goin. Large enemy hazard of a playable character, but not the same character exactly. Cranky/DK, and clone Ridley/real Ridley. I think if they have more coming we may see it during Duck Hunt Dogs trailer.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408

Hey how did you find all of that out? Does your dad work for Nintendo and he told you that Sakurai said so? That's cool.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Oh no you don't we still need WOLF:wolf: !WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428

Wow, I really don't know that point of you becoming such an a**hole for some or many reasons.
If you're just really against every entire DLC or this whole game, then don't even bother playing it and even come back here for even a second of your life.
You're just making yourself stupid miserable which we all hate for sure.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Well, this specific topic is more or less at a close. I would say, as the person who started it, the Mewtwo announcement pretty was pretty much the thing I was talking about and is all we're going to get as far as my theory goes. I honestly wouldn't mind this topic getting closed and a more straight forward topic on DLC taking its place.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Wow, I really don't know that point of you becoming such an a**hole for some or many reasons.
If you're just really against every entire DLC or this whole game, then don't even bother playing it and even come back here for even a second of your life.
You're just making yourself stupid miserable which we all hate for sure.
He's one of those guys who clearly hates the entirety of the roster unless it gets what he wants, one character. Regardless if it's Mewtwo, or if he "Should have came back," one character is all he cares about to a roster... Then to make it worse, he talks as if Mewtwo is all we need/want, when that's clearly not the case. Quite frankly, I haven't ever paid much attention towards Mewtwo ever, but I'm glad he's back. However, (and I may not be the biggest fan of this series), I'd be more interested in Dixie Kong tbqh.

Amarok

Smash Rookie

It's a product people have to pay and wait about 6 years for. Not everyone absolutely adores the newcomers. I personally find most of them quite boring to play. The characters you listed aren't even the important ones people are actually asking for.

But once again, it's not a gift to us. It's a product. There is zero need to be "grateful".

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's me or everyone think the Wii u is a Gamecube who can handle 6 IC but no 8 ?

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
See I see going this way Now with the four unlocks being starters Who could fill that void ?
:4ness:=:lucas:
:4jigglypuff:=:mewtwopm:
:4ganondorf:=:wolf:
:4bowserjr:=:popo:
I'd change Ganondorf to Ridley (because I'm hopeless and want classic Ridley dlc, since Clone Ridley is a different Ridley) and Bowser Jr. to Wolf. Ganon/Ridley are main villains, and Bowser Jr/Wolf are sort of antagonists who kind of just sometimes help the main villain.

Also forgot to mention. Bowser Jr. could be unlocked from the start due to 8 player Smash and the nature of his alts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm one of those that feel that if Mewtwo hadn't been returning to this Smash, I would have always had this disappointed feeling in the back of my mind no matter how good the game. But now, I have no hesitations in saying this is truly the greatest Smash game ever.

Am I just biased? Maybe, but Mewtwo represents a character whose cut was very painful and inexplicable. He had everything going for him, but then didn't return. Other unique characters have been cut, but no one nearly as popular as Mewtwo. I think he just deserves to be in Smash, especially now, being a veteran.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm one of those that feel that if Mewtwo hadn't been returning to this Smash, I would have always had this disappointed feeling in the back of my mind no matter how good the game. But now, I have no hesitations in saying this is truly the greatest Smash game ever.

Am I just biased? Maybe, but Mewtwo represents a character whose cut was very painful and inexplicable. He had everything going for him, but then didn't return. Other unique characters have been cut, but no one nearly as popular as Mewtwo. I think he just deserves to be in Smash, especially now, being a veteran.
I couldn't agree more. Ever since I unlocked the last character in Smash4...I had this nagging feeling that something was missing...something important. But now that I know Mewtwo is coming, there's no doubt that this roster is more complete and full then it's ever been.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

I dunno, with your user name and avatar literally being Mewtwo, you probably are abit biased. But You still have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom