• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theories Against Marth

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I've stated in some other threads some of the theories I have when facing marth, especially one that walls his fair. I have the privilege of playing a marth often that I have gained lots of experience against him. I have talked about spacing your jumps so that when Marth fairs, you are close enough to punish him with your bair. You wait until he fairs and drop in the bair right over the hitbox of his sword. Obviously the Marth will change his playstyle, but this is the answer to fighting against aerial Marths

Here is some video evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRkkbY26tws

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to add that if he comes foward at you with double f-airs you can just up-tilt after the first one.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
You are obviously much more skilled than the marth in that video,

1- He was incredibly predictable with his approach, which was nothing but shdfair and shrbair he whiffed almost all of them and you are obviously comfortable with your spacing throughout, defeating the purpose of attacking you with walls of fairs. He was "jumping into the ****"

2- He made almost not use of his grounded spacing tools.

3- He picked horrible spots for his DS in the second match misses an oos4kill opportunity.

4- He tried to make an adjustment in the second match but simply included nairs into his list of whiffed attacks and spammed soem fsmashes.

A good theory but it comes off the extension that Marth is easily punished if his spacing is poor, which your opponent's was. You might have to take that to work against a much better marth.

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
I completely agree GPE. He isn't the greatest Marth and I have faced better ones but the approach is still similar. You just can't make any mistakes and have to be extremely patient and wait for opportunities. Being too aggressive at certain times will get you killed too easily.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
That Marth is airdodging after he gets hit, and hes dying because of it
Please come up with a better example video of that again a player your equal in skill.
I think it was more that his spacing was poor that you placing your bairs correctly...

Basically i agree with that GPeternity said

Top Bottom