• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zelda Boards DDD Matchup Discussion

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hi everyone, we're currently discussing the DDD matchup on the Zelda boards and would like some input from some knowledgeable smashers that actually play DDD. All of us on the Zelda boards agree that it is advantage Zelda, but we're split between it being 60:40 or 70:30. If you disagree that it's advantage Zelda or believe it's even in DDD's advantage......please explain why, we need some DDD mains to lend their knowledge of the matchup.

link to the thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190698

The discussion on DDD starts on page 21 so if you want to read on everything that has been stated so we don't reiterate a lot of points.

Please post in that thread and not on this one so we can get this matchup exact.

Thanks and hope to see you there:)

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I did as well, You would agree its about 50:50 Co18? I was fighting a couple Zeldas on that forum, unless they switched to sheik and got me in a Ftilt lock, I usually beat them losing 1 or 2 stocks, those sweetspots HURT! Did 3 stock a couple Zelda's on Halberd, Its like no one can play that stage....

Don't mind the Wario Icon, I'm just having fun with him is all.

CO18

Smash Hero
I did as well, You would agree its about 50:50 Co18? I was fighting a couple Zeldas on that forum, unless they switched to sheik and got me in a Ftilt lock, I usually beat them losing 1 or 2 stocks, those sweetspots HURT! Did 3 stock a couple Zelda's on Halberd, Its like no one can play that stage....

Don't mind the Wario Icon, I'm just having fun with him is all.
I personally think it's Dedede's advantage and at worst neutral.

Most zeldas I play do Much better when using shiek against me.

I really dont see all she has on him that theyre talking about.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
We're still looking for more DDD players to comment because we still haven't gotten it narrowed down, feel free to chime in with your DDD knowledge:)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I happen to main both Sheik/Zelda and Dedede.

I agree with CO18 on the Zelda matchup.

I think Sheik has a slight advantage on DDD, but only slight. He easily grabs her for bthrows, and pretty much you can just bthrow a bunch of times for damage and then get a KO move. DDD's strategy against plenty of small characters, pretty much.

Sheik/Zelda is just about as good as only Sheik for DDD, just different nuances about the matchup. (earlier KO's, more difficulty in getting the killing blows with Zelda)

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I'd say its even more in DDD's favor if they know how to do the new AT, the Jet-hammer shuffle, as its very very hard to counter and predict due to D3 moving as fast as Warioman on the wariobike.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
most Zelda mains would disagree with you choknater: Zelda is a lot easier to use v. DDD then Zelda to us.

Top Bottom