• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS The Worst of the Worst for Smash Run?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Say they upgrade Smash Run. Make things more interesting...

...one way, by deciding to make and bring in the most dangerous, scariest, & downright annoying enemies and monsters from the history of your worst, Nintendo Themed Nightmares!

Chargin' Chucks, Klobbers, Gidbos, Crobats, Draco Zombies, Slicers, you name it.

Just THINK about the difficulty and impact! It's so Gruesome!

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
I'd personally like to see them change the element of the smash run map. Like an ice based version or deep forest zone.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
Should of had Kracko, Snagret, Motobug, maybe the 3 viruses from Dr. Mario. The first two could be "bosses". The other two I just wish they were put in anyway.

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
I'd just like two more Smash Run maps. The one we already have is huge, and it took me a lot of games to explore the whole map.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
I want smash run to be changed to treasure run where the whole point is to run through and collect coins and equipment.

Drop the stupid 1 minute battles at the end and give us custom fights like the Wii U is getting instead so we can do silly matches like Giant, Tiny, Flower, and Stamina when we want to.
Make climb the tower a longer mini game you can play with friends.

At very least give us some actual options for it like turning off computer players and settings for the final match up.

Either way, multi-man melee has no place at the end of smash run at all. What's the point of smash run with friends if you never even see their character in the entire 6 minute run?

VibraKnife

Smash Rookie
Smash Run feels like it could use a bit of an overhaul in terms of the map. It was pretty easy to figure out, but once I knew the map, it sort of got boring.

Perhaps all of the talk about DLC may lead to a DLC map.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least give us the option to choose the final event, along with altering the CPU's difficulty level. City Trial had those very features.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Being able to choose the final event and setting up CPUs would be good. But more than anything I wish for more maps. And enemies. And everything.

Smash Run 4 DLC

Skellyton

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3394-3585-8917
Medusas and rinkas:p
But in all seriousness, new maps, difficulty adjuster, and more unique final battles rather than stuff like team smash would be pretty sweet

ScottPompeo

Smash Rookie
Being able to choose the final event and setting up CPUs would be good. But more than anything I wish for more maps. And enemies. And everything.

Smash Run 4 DLC
The map for SMash Run is huge, but by the time you've gone through half the cast, you've seen everything. Maybe some themed levels (Lava, Ice, the usual) and with appropriate themed enemies.

av448

Smash Cadet
Stamina Battles , Hit The Targets , Run and Climb being exclusive to Smash Run bugs me , and it bugs me even more when i remember i can't choose the final battle and it is chosen randomly

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Mega Mawile could be a problem too.
I'm not from Smogon, though.
That's different. Mega Mawile was less controversial and didn't deserve to be banned.

Anyways, the second worst enemy they could put in would be a German Koffing. Because Koffing in German Pokemon is Smog+Poison=Smogon.

So Smogon detractors can say that their name is a Nazi ball of gas.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Oh God I despise Bacuras, you know, those invicible things that don't even look like they're supposed to be living beings. They're just so unfair. They're basically non-lethal Ornes without the warning music, and they're mainly annoying when you're jumping on springs. Once I jumped on a spring then I was attacked by a random enemy, so I jumped mid-air before being hit by one of those off-screen whirling flat grey things and directly sent to the lower blast line. They just make me want to hack my system in order to remove them from the game's code.

Or at the VERY LEAST, prevent them to appear off-screen. They would still be annoying, but at least fair. Oh, and please let us choose the CPUs levels.

Edit: how the heck did I forget to mention THAT Mimicutie? You know, the one who awaits at the end of the barrel cannon travel, at the very bottom left of the map. If she's here it's basically a guaranteed death because she attacks before you have the time to react and with the hitstun and knockback you're just sent to the lower blast line. THIS Mimicutie in particular is just freaking bad game design.

And don't forget those floating electric green things from Kirby. Their charged shot is so unreasonably powerful it's at the same level at Little Mac's KO Punch, the knockback is crazy even at less than 20 %. And they appear in the Survive challenge at EASY difficulty? Really?! I won't complain about any other enemy because those are the only really unfair ones IMO. Unless there's something I forgot.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Either way, multi-man melee has no place at the end of smash run at all. What's the point of smash run with friends if you never even see their character in the entire 6 minute run?
I don't agree with anything else you said, but yes, the multi-man ending to Smash Run is very redundant. The "defeat the enemy mobs" ending isn't much better, but at least it somewhat showcases your skill in dispatching Smash Run enemies.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Another thing with Smash run is that the enemies are broken and they gangbang you everytime they can. Not to mention the Mimicutie and Plasma that kill you at 10% and the Bacuras that not only are invincible, but they spike you and gimp you everytime they can. Also 1 minute matches are not possible.

Twewy

Smash Lord
It's been months since I've played (broken 3DS), but I remember EggRobos being Satan's personal assassins. We should get something even worse than that.

Like the GUN truck. That'll do nicely.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
It's been months since I've played (broken 3DS), but I remember EggRobos being Satan's personal assassins. We should get something even worse than that.

Like the GUN truck. That'll do nicely.
Ugh, I hate those inhuman creations of Hell. They only exist to f*ck your run.

Gold Zero

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrezDlog
3DS FC
4441-8406-8476
Ever eat Spicy Curry and have a Stalfos spawn right in your face?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ever eat Spicy Curry and have a Stalfos spawn right in your face?
Oh yeah I hate that :glare: this applies for those ghosts with a shield as well.

After playing a lot of Smash Run I think I found something worse than Bacuras: I'm trying to beat a powerful enemy (like a Darknut Magnus, Polar Bear, or Clubberskull), spending time and powers to beat them, and a horde of weak enemies like Bill Ball or Tiki Buzz replace them before I can kill them. I cringe and ragequit whenever it happens :mad:

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Oh yeah I hate that :glare: this applies for those ghosts with a shield as well.

After playing a lot of Smash Run I think I found something worse than Bacuras: I'm trying to beat a powerful enemy (like a Darknut Magnus, Polar Bear, or Clubberskull), spending time and powers to beat them, and a horde of weak enemies like Bill Ball or Tiki Buzz replace them before I can kill them. I cringe and ragequit whenever it happens :mad:
The random events? Yeah, that f****** sucks. Also, where you ara fighting said powerful enemy and then a horde of those satanic Eggbots an oneEyedFlyingPalnts come to blast you.

Top Bottom