• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winds Blow: Toon Ganondorf for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
Toon Ganondorf

"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose."

Long before the events in The Wind Waker, Ganon managed to escape from his seal and wreak havoc in Hyrule once more, climbing from the Earth in his mountain sized beast form Ganon attacked the Kingdom of Hyrule and easily took control of it. No hero appeared this time and the gods were forced to flood Hyrule in order to stop Ganon.

However, in the final battle of The Wind Waker, Ganondorf's evil intentions to rule the kingdom of Hyrule once more are stopped forever when Link deals the final blow to him atop his tower by plunging the Master Sword in his head, turning him to stone and killing him.

Why Toon Ganondorf?
Toon Ganondorf would be a welcome addition in my eyes, providing a vastly different playstyle from any other characters by using two swords and being a faster and lighter Ganondorf while still retaining some of that power. He could also match Toon Link as a character in the same way that Ganondorf does. With the release of The Wind Waker HD, Toon Ganondorf looks like he still has a chance for SSB4 (and there's a chance a new Ganondorf is reincarnated in New Hyrule for a new game in the "adult" timeline). One last thing: We've got two Links and two Zeldas so far, why not two Ganondorfs?

Movesets:
Toon Ganon has average power, average ground speed, is floaty, is a large target, and is a middle weight, but his air speed, aerials, and combo abilities make him a fearsome swordsman!

Seeing as most newcomers have a "gimmick," Toon Ganondorf's would be wielding dual swords. This is represented by most moves having a second slash to accompany each other.

:GCA:: Punches like before the final battle of Wind Waker.
:GCB:: Ganondorf strikes the opponent with a flurry of sword slashes, quickly racking up damage!
:GCL::GCB::GCR:: Ganondorf rushes forward and anyone who he strikes will sent high in the air, letting him using his deadly aerials.
:GCB::GCU:: Toon Ganon jumps with both swords pointing up in the air. As he falls, his swords point downwards. This move is quick, has little lag, and a great recovery (covering much distance), but somewhat lacking in attack power. This move also has a wind effect when he jumps up.
:GCD::GCB:: Ganondorf strikes a defensive pose to protect himself, and anyone who attacks will suffer one of two consequences:
1. If :GCB: is held, he will strike the opponent down on their back.
2. If :GCB: isn't held, he will stun the opponent, allowing for an easy follow up.

:GCCL:/:GCCR:: Ganondorf uppercuts with one sword and slashes the opponent down from air.

:GCCU:: Similar to Toon Link's up smash, but Ganon does it twice, with both swords.
:GCCD:
: Same as Toon Link's, but again with dual swords.

:GCU::GCA:: Points his swords up in the air.

:GCL:/:GCR::GCA:: Stabs in front of himself with his swords.

:GCD::GCA:: Does a jab downwards with swords.

:GCU::GCCU:: Same as Marth's, yet with two swords.

:GCU::GCCR: (F-Air): Same as Marth's; two swords; meteor smash/spike

:GCU::GCCL:(B-Air): Same as Marth's but with two swords.

:GCU::GCCD:: Same as Toon Link's; two swords; meteor smash/spike

Competition:
Impa:

Recurring character? Check. Important to the plot? Usually. Moveset potential? Check. However, Impa doesn't seem to offer a very new playstyle to Smash Bros., with Sheik in already (not saying she'd be a a Sheik clone, but her physics could very well be extremely similar).

Vaati:

Definitely plays a key role in the Four Swords adventures, has moveset potential, but doesn't reoccur very often, and hasn't appeared in a new game lately, besides remakes.

SUPPORTERS:

If you wish to see Toon Ganondorf in SSB4, please just say so in the comments! I'll try to update this page with supporters every day I can!

Toon Ganondorf for SSB4!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I like it. Definitely my favorite of all the Ganondorf boss fights, and there is no way he would be a Falcon clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom