• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "what to do on a bad stage" discussion.

Sharky

Smash Master
OK,SO....I'm sure we've all got a decent idea as to what stages are decent for Yoshi and, therefore, what we should counterpick.

BUT...the object is to win that first neutral match, as well, and once that's achieved, you're gonna get counterpicked, yourself.

SOOOOOO........what do you do? Panic? Probably.

Until now, of course.

Why?

Because we're gonna fix that in this thread! :YOSHI:

So, yeah, the purpose of this thread is to determine the best strategies for the worst counterpick stages against each character. I'll keep the OP updated with summaries as they come along.

THE FIRST CHARACTER IS METAKNIGHT.

edit: c'mon guys, we don't need the jokes. To explain this more clearly, I will pick a character, we will determine the stages a person would counterpick with that character, and determine an effective strategy for that stage. "Just pick Metaknight" isn't working, here. >___>

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
He would most likely counterpick Delfino Plaza, I think. Most Meta Knight players know about the chain-grab, so they'll stay away from the walk-off edges. The main platform give an advantage to him because he can poke his sword through it while Yoshi can't really do anything about it.

Although, this is also a good stage for Yoshi, but I think that most Meta Knight would counterpick this anyways.

Another possible stage is Battlefield, but I don't feel like going into detail about that...

Top Bottom