• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the weirdest mario ever i think

-PM-

Smash Ace
so my friend in my group normally plays Luigi and hes gotten way better so he started using Mario and it was so abnormal he played like a Luigi O.o with Mario... like he WDs a lot more then most marios (except eggz and the other marios that are uber fast) and he even comboed me to death a few times with the tornado like heres some things he used.

WD - jab - jab - grab- dthrow - utilt - dair - tornado

uair - dair - utilt - dair - tornado

just weird things like that i didnt even know worked O.o

so i want to know does any other marios play like this? or use combos like this?

ye25

Smash Journeyman
lol, probably not, most mario (or doc since i main him) would probably use tornado only for recovering if not at all.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
here's my opinion about the tornado.

I know a few scrub mario/doc players around here who use the tornado and hit with it. Why do they use it? They dont know any better. Why do they keep doing it? Because they can get it to hit, and it looks like it does alot (when in all actuality there are better options).

Now, you say you're friend's a luigi player.

Does he know that Mario's tornado works again once you are standing in the neutral position? He might be using it to reset his torando as if he's luigi, who must do a ground tornado to reset his.

Another reason he might use the tornado is because it's actually very useful for luigi; and it just might be a move in his system.

Just like the jab-jab. I dont know all the fine details of mario, but correct me if i'm wrong; you dont need jab-jab? That might be something that works with mario, im not sure; and maybe he doesnt get punished for it.

__

I wouldnt go off and call it weird. I'd just say he has luigi tendancies he's not getting punished for. But i'm just reading it. >.>

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Yea, im sure tornado plays a part in luigi's game, but mario's shouldnt use it too much. Maybe once and awhile to mix it up or so, but i think that overall a person would be punished more than the tornado actually becoming useful.

-PM-

Smash Ace
here's my opinion about the tornado.

I know a few scrub mario/doc players around here who use the tornado and hit with it. Why do they use it? They dont know any better. Why do they keep doing it? Because they can get it to hit, and it looks like it does alot (when in all actuality there are better options).

Now, you say you're friend's a luigi player.

Does he know that Mario's tornado works again once you are standing in the neutral position? He might be using it to reset his torando as if he's luigi, who must do a ground tornado to reset his.

Another reason he might use the tornado is because it's actually very useful for luigi; and it just might be a move in his system.

Just like the jab-jab. I dont know all the fine details of mario, but correct me if i'm wrong; you dont need jab-jab? That might be something that works with mario, im not sure; and maybe he doesnt get punished for it.

__

I wouldnt go off and call it weird. I'd just say he has luigi tendancies he's not getting punished for. But i'm just reading it. >.>
no he knows that he doesnt need to reset his tornado, i think its just in his system but in all honesty he gets away with it sometimes

ye25

Smash Journeyman
lol, make sure to punish him 24/7 everytime he drops it. Luigi out, Mario in.

The Caped Stranger

Smash Rookie
Most other marios... no... but if he really comboed you to death then I suggest him using the tactic. If everyone played the same it wouldn't be much of an interesting game now would it?

Tujex

Smash Ace
I don't see to many Mario's who use that type of combo....but to each his own. If he can find a way to incorporate the tornado into Mario's playing style...he can catch a LOT of people off guard.

-PM-

Smash Ace
well pretty much anyone his mindgames are extremelyyyyyyyyy epic and his combo skills are massive with most of the characters

the only reason i win is im a quick thinker and i abuse tech skill lol

i think if your smart those combos could work for you as long as they dont backfire really badly

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
my friend mains doc and he uses the dair to tornado all the time, if you do the dair rising to the tornado falling its a decent kill combo, but only with doc to my knowledge.

i personally would never use it with mario, but i just dont like to take risks lol

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
lol...forget the tornado PLEASE ..

and you CANT USE THOSE CRAPPY COMBOS ALL THE TIME

maybe on CPUs but if youre smart enough you can DI out of it...

and forget the tornado as an offensive move

Gea

Smash Master
Actually Jab jab is kinda weird for Luigi, it has its uses but is considered too slow of a jab to follow up on (I never see any great Luigi jab jab dsmash, they either grab or follow through with the third jab)

iMichael

Smash Lord
so my friend in my group normally plays Luigi and hes gotten way better so he started using Mario and it was so abnormal he played like a Luigi O.o with Mario... like he WDs a lot more then most marios (except eggz and the other marios that are uber fast) and he even comboed me to death a few times with the tornado like heres some things he used.

WD - jab - jab - grab- dthrow - utilt - dair - tornado

uair - dair - utilt - dair - tornado

just weird things like that i didnt even know worked O.o

so i want to know does any other marios play like this? or use combos like this?
o.0....jab-jab-grab-dthrow-utilt-grab-dthrow-utilt(again yes)-grab-dthrow-up smash...sick combo...i just freaking love it

please lets share combos that you love to pull off

-PM-

Smash Ace
jab - jab -grab - uthrow - uthrow - uair - uair -uair- uair - grab - fthrow - fair =]

i love that one LoL unless they DI behind you on the last throw then it depresses me greatly

fast fallers only:
jab - jab - grab - uthrow - usmash - grab - uthrow -usmash - grab - usmash - grab - dthrow - fsmash

those are my favorite two combs ever =D

mario-man

Smash Lord
here's mine:

Uair - Uair - Uair - Uair - Uair - Uair - Uair - Uair - upslanted Fsmash

Top Bottom