• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ways and Rules of Taunt Parties

Are you a taunter or peaceful?

• Total voters

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
In this thread, i will be posting the ways to identify taunters, types of taunters, peaceful players friend codes, and the general 'code of conduct' for taunters. Please feel free to share any rules or stories. If you curse of be disrespectful you will be banned from the thread. :)

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Rules:
1. Identify you peaceful by taunting or going up and down.
2. You will defend your allies even at the cost of a KO.
3.Do not fake being a taunter just to get cheap KOs.
4.Don't over taunt or risk a fight.
5. If you are a loner(peaceful), don't engage in fights unless provoked.
6.Never Assume your opponent is peaceful.
7. Show glitches, cheats, and hacks.
8. If you hack, for example, giga bowser or super wario, be peaceful and defend your allies still.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Loners:
Loners are peaceful but won't respond to you peace signs. leave them be until they earn your trust. Don't assume all loners are fighters AND vice versa. Being a loner shows a sense of authority. Only recommended for experienced players.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Extreme Taunters:
Extreme Taunters will group up as one character such as kirby :kirby: and taunt in different vocal patterns. others will constantly show the up and down symbol until you respond. Careful, these taunters are usually noob taunters who think that is you are a loner, you are a potential threat. They might try to attack you.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Unresponsive Peaceful Players:
Like Loners, these people won't respond to your attempts to make treaties. They won't even move away fom you but beware, if you attack them they will show no mercy. These are like people who want to be peaceful but also want the thrill of attacking. They are masters at the game and are virtually impossible to beat. Be 100% they are offline before you attack.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Play Fighters:
Play Fighters are peaceful people looking for a freindly match. They will go up and down and hold there attaack button. If you respond this way, they will attack you. if they kill you, they will jump off and kill themselves so your lives are even. People like MK :metaknight: and CF :falcon: will do there taunts like "Fight ME" and "Show me your moves." DO NOT mistake Falco's :falco: "Don't try me" as a Play fight advance. That is a loner literally saying don't fight me! :)

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Taunt parties are garbage. They shouldn't exist... Just they're so annoying. gash... there doesn't need to be some code just... people need to play the game...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
You are certainly entitled to that opinion
They just make me sad that's all *sniff. I always lose 3v1 when I want to play 1v1 or free for all. Even skilled players will team up against me. Maybe a code is a good idea. Making taunt party rooms/servers for smash4 instead of having them in rooms with people who actually want to play the game.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
In this world, trophies fight. They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence. Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death. Those are the rules of this world. But...When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...
Learn to love and respect every player without preference or favoritism, or reap the consequences, it's that simple.

The special care needed, to maintain an "alliance," that can potentially go sour with one misstep or misunderstanding, should be a clear indication of who you are aiding and abetting, veritable Orcs of Mordor. Learn who your Real Friends are, the ones who genuinely ask nothing of you but mutual respect, who impose no extraneous rules or conditions upon you for their respect (or do you think we don't have enough rules in this world?).

link2702

Smash Champion
taunt partiers are part of the reason basic brawl has went to complete garbage.

90% of the time though they're all noobs in there and I slaughter em all, then force a D/C on the whole group after.

Top Bottom