• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Pac West Gamebattles Thread (sticky plz)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Introduction

On the day that Brawl is released, the singles/teams ladder for the Spring 08 season on Gamebattles is going to be launched. Theres already hundreds of people signed up for it, so its going to be fairly populated.

The ladders rules hasn't been finalized yet, so I can't really say anything about rules.

However, what I propose is that Pacific West joins together to tear up the ladder. Most of the people entering are Brawl noobs and haven't played Melee on a competitive sense. Us Melee veterans should all enter and show why we are already superior to most people at this game.

You can register at www.gamebattles.com

How it works

- You register on Gamebattles. With your account, you can join any free Gamebattles ladder, post on forums, etc.
- Brawl is a free ladder, so anyone can enter.
- Once you register, go here. This is the main page for Brawl. From this page, you can view the teams currently entered in doubles and singles, view the forums, rankings, and more.
- You first want to hover over the Ladder tab to reveal the Singles Ladder. This page contains everything you need to know about the singles ladder.
- On the upper right of the page, there should be a link to create a "team." Teams consist of X people depending on the format of the ladder. For singles, its only 1.
- Your team page contains lots of information. You can view past matches, challenge another team to an online game, view upcoming matches, see your current ranking, see who's in that team, and more.
- Once you are done creating your team, you will be entered in the list for the singles ladder. You can view other teams and challenge them, but the season doesn't start March 9th.
- The same thing applies for doubles, except when you create your team, you can invite another person to your team.

Registered Players

Singles

- JTB
- Resident Waffle
- Ademisk
- Aznforce

Doubles
- 8-Bit (Morb + ??)

There are probably more players, so just post your team page and I'll edit it in.

Jem.

Smash Master
LOL. Is brawl gonna be in MLG this year? Cause I'd LOVE to be able to do smash and halo at MLG events <3. smash is too good and ill always love it. Cause I know Halo Gamebattles has rewards/prizes.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Make some clarification about signing up teams cuz I thought it meant crews.

Edit: If someone has connections with the MLG higher-ups they should really persuade them to change the teams thing into crews.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I did too. Apparently there are some teams who signed up for singles that have like 3 people, so I was a little confused by that.

You are basically making a one man crew. I don't know why you don't just sign up under your Gamebattles name, but whatevers. It's probably because there are so many other games that use Gamebattles and MLG uses the same format for each game. The number of people in each crew is changed to fit the gametype.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Updated the first post with lots more information.

Post if you have a team already.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This thread should be stickied, that way everyone can see it and sign up for gamebattles :)

Jem.

Smash Master
My doubles team is registered. Its me and a friend from WSU and one from UW (Neither known except by Skypal) Name is Your Heroes. My name had to be Jem- cause some F4gb4g already took Jem

Top Bottom