• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Jigglypuff "I Was Wrong" Thread

How likely did you think Jigglypuff was?

• Total voters

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Never thought she would be cut.

Are there still people who think Jigglypuff is a useless/joke character?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Never doubted about Jigglypuff. I don't see why people despise her. Yes, Jiggs is not a good pokemon in the RPGs and is not that popular either, but who doesn't enjoy playing her? Killing with Rest is so much fun.

Spirst

Never thought she would be cut.

Are there still people who think Jigglypuff is a useless/joke character?
A large number of casual players, I would imagine. They'd judge her based on her appearance. I know I was one of them before I really got into the whole competitive scene and gave her an actual shot.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
A large number of casual players, I would imagine. They'd judge her based on her appearance. I know I was one of them before I really got into the whole competitive scene and gave her an actual shot.
I was one to. But it is annoying to see people come on places like smash boards and say the character is useless, it is like really do you know anything about Jigglypuff? I also got tired of hearing people who want her cut.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
None of the original 12 will ever get cut. Ever.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sometimes I'd have my doubts, but I can't help that, I'm always at least a little worried about things I really want in the game. Still, I never thought she was a sure goner at all. I was also right that Mewtwo wouldn't make it in over her, otherwise that would have happened in Brawl already.

At this point it should be clear to everyone that Jigglypuff is always going to make it back, no matter the opposition she'll always have the huge benefit that she's a very unique character that takes very little manpower to create, that's how she got in to begin with and that's how she'll keep on getting in, she's not stealing Pokémon slots and she's not competing with anybody for them.

Last edited:

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
To whom it may concern:
Yes, Jigglypuff is still relevant. It was one of the very first Pokémon confirmed to be a Fairy type, along with Gardevoir and Marill.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I had some doubts, but I'm glad I can finally put them to rest.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I was a big defender of Jigglypuff and will remain a big defender of her role in Smash until Smash is discontinued as a series. She might not be as big as she was in the Pokemon fandom but as a character in Smash she is not replaceable. It has nothing to do with being a hallowed "original 12" character either. Her moveset is among the most unique in the game. People wanted Ridley to be the "Little Mac of the sky" and I'd argue, Jigglypuff already is that.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
People wanted Ridley to be the "Little Mac of the sky" and I'd argue, Jigglypuff already is that.
I still laugh whenever I see that.

It's like people don't know we had an aerial-centered character in Smash since the very first game. lol

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
If anything Little Mac is the Jigglypuff of the ground

Morbi

Scavenger
It is of my understanding that no one was "wrong" about Jigglypuff. Some people just got a little too drunk when they were throwing out their, "Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon will not return" propaganda.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It is of my understanding that no one was "wrong" about Jigglypuff. Some people just got a little too drunk when they were throwing out their, "Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon will not return" propaganda.
I am not so sure about that; I distinctly remember specific individuals who believed, for an extended period of time, that Jigglypuff would likely be cut in favor of a new, more unique, and more relevant Pokemon character.

Going off of what you said, I doubt that those people were "drunk."

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not so sure about that; I distinctly remember specific individuals who believed, for an extended period of time, that Jigglypuff would likely be cut in favor of a new, more unique, and more relevant Pokemon character.

Going off of what you said, I doubt that those people were "drunk."
I was being facetious, there were obviously some people that thought that her time had passed. I choose to believe that they were intoxicated to make myself feel better about their existence.
:4jigglypuff:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was being facetious, there were obviously some people that thought that her time had passed. I choose to believe that they were intoxicated to make myself feel better about their existence.
:4jigglypuff:
Yes, it is a bit sad that there were a number of people who felt that she was more than likely going to be cut. Seeing her replaced by characters like Zoroark on prediction rosters was rather disheartening. I've always thought she would more than likely return, and I'm very happy to see that she has (and looking extremely cute with her new design, I might add).

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I didn't expect her to be cut, but I wanted her to be.

I can respect keeping her in based off the fact that she's been here from the start. Other than that, yawn.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Never had any doubts whatsoever.
If anyone of the Original 12 was cut, I'd be super disappointed!

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I think the saddest funniest people were the ones who thought Sceptile had a chance of being in the game, especially over Jigglypuff

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I wasn't sure. But everyone saying she was "100% guaranteed" was grating. Being in the first 3 installments of a series doesn't guarantee you'll be in the 4th. Don't believe me? Sagat in Street Fighter.

Why everyone thinks they're psychics who can read Sakurai's mind is beyond me.

Top Bottom