• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Transition from MK to Wolf

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
:wolf: :metaknight:
Hello, there Wolf boards, you might have seen my posts recently on these boards. I'm am a semi-new Wolf main from the Keystone state. I was a top player with MK but since one of Philadelphia's biggest and best tournament hosts, ChiboSempai, banned MK, I have decided to use the captain of the Star Wolf fleet, Wolf! You might have seen my posts on character match ups, JC Fair combos, and other posts, but I made this thread to introduce myself and tell you whats currently going on in my smash career.

Since I mained MK, I have taken so much crap for being having a "gay" playing style, hopefully Wolf will change that, even though people have the misconseption of the WiFi Wolf. I used to only play WiFi and find out match ups with MK, but now I'm working on various techs, match ups, and different playing style for my Wolf. I'm working on my lazer game as well. It is a big and different experience now I use Wolf, people actually complement me on how good I play, and not just bash me. I actually feel smart and good when I'm doing fancy mindgames and outsmarting my opponent, not just feeling it was my character.

Wolf is a very fun character that makes me think as much as I can, the only thing I dislike is the Chaingrabs that he gets ***** by. Pit, Pikachu, DDD, Peach, Falco, IC's, Wario, and others have chaingrabs on him. I have a secondary who is Pit, who is also fun and makes me think and I enjoy very much. I like Wolf a lot and am here to stay, you might not like it but Xzax will be apart of the Wolf boards for many months to come!

:059: :059:
:059: :059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Peach also has a CG on us :( lol

Yeah, it's great to hear that someone active and successful in the tournament scene is picking up Wolf. You're probably getting less crap because Wolf is seen as a mere mid-tier, so people respect the fact that you're using him in MK banned tournaments as opposed to someone like Snake >_>

Welcome to the wolf boards Xzax :)

:059:

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the Wolf boards! Don't forget to go to our Xat channel. Loads of nice people there to chat with.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
xzax stop being stupid and popping on at 6-9 a.m. no one is in the wolf chat around those times.=P. I see when u have been there.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Don't listen to them! Xat will steal your souuul! IT'S THE ANTI CHRIST! THE ANTI CHRIST I SAY!!! REPEEEEEEEEEEEENT!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *Runs off into the distance in heart shaped underwear with my pants on my head*

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
...Welcome, I guess...

I dunno... I'm just kind of the newbie...

...So, welcome...

ChitownWolf

Smash Cadet
You have a long way to go if you want to be as good as me or JJ. Just be sure to ask for lots of tips!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah I'm making quick progress, only thing holding me back atm is weird and bad match ups, I'm trying to learn what I know how to do and what works vs what character.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm making quick progress, only thing holding me back atm is weird and bad match ups, I'm trying to learn what I know how to do and what works vs what character.
I can help you there.

For DDD and Metaknight, just run away and blaster for a while, throw a bair or two if you're ballsy, and rinse and repeat. =D

His MUs are mostly even, thus, mid tier. They shouldn't be too hard to learn after a while. Of course, I'll always have problems with the Kirby MU. <.<

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
if you ever get chaingrabbed scream really loud and slam your controller on your leg, mikehaze already prove that its 100% effective

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
you could always stomp your feet or defecate yourself, that'll work... i think... does anyone wanna test it?

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
I can help you there.

For DDD and Metaknight, just run away and blaster for a while, throw a bair or two if you're ballsy, and rinse and repeat. =D

His MUs are mostly even, thus, mid tier. They shouldn't be too hard to learn after a while. Of course, I'll always have problems with the Kirby MU. <.<
But bair is a risk movement for DDD isn't ? He can grab us even with perfect spacing.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a perfectly spaced bair before, and Wolf was not grabbed. But, again, it was perfect. And I think it helps if you try to aim the bair at DDDs head level.
So I was doing wrong when I tested cause I got grabed. But it's still too risk cause if the DDD perfect shield or you miss a little the range he will grab you. A zero lag fair with you going back is the better option with the blasters.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
So I was doing wrong when I tested cause I got grabed. But it's still too risk cause if the DDD perfect shield or you miss a little the range he will grab you. A zero lag fair with you going back is the better option with the blasters.
I'd imagine that if you had a retreating bair, you wouldn't get grabbed. Plus, you can use another jump / DI away. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
SH rising bairs nail him right in the top of the head, allowing you to hit and then move away or move in for more hits. Trying to fall in front of him and bair is extremely dangerous because of his ridiculous grab range. However, bair has *slightly* more range than his grab. I'd suggest trying to do rising bairs at him, or just turning tail and blastering.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I already heard from you, xzax. I think you'll do very good. :3
Also, the monocle on your Panther avatar is kinda the wrpng way around.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i alt marth now. wait this is such a waste of a thread. TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom