• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Luigi Shine Combo

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Alright guys; I know we've been waiting for ages for somebody to come up with a way to make Luigi stop countering Fox. Yes, I know, it's been hard for us. But at long last, I have found out how to shine combo Luigi.

And yes, it's named after me.

The Wobble Combo (not to be confused with Wobbling, the term for using the IC tilt-infinite) is very simple.

1) Shine
2) Jump-cancel
3) Immediately after you leave the ground, forward+b.
4) Up-air. If you use a b-air, it is referred to as a Remixed Wobble. N-air is an Inverse Wobble.

I have achieved a legitimate combo in training mode with this several times; indeed, I have managed to actually combo into the up-air for the KO. Luigi, your time has come.

Now that we can finally defeat Luigi, I think Fox will be top tier forever.

Most of this post is a joke. The combo, however, is very real. And I had better hear the phrase "Remixed Wobble" the next time I go to a tournament. Thank you for reading.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
lolz, agreed this is a fairly achievable combo against luigi.

However just becuase fox now has a decent combo against luigi doesnt mean we'll always win.

Take peach for example, yes we can infinate her, and its relativly easy - so why are they so **** hard to beat!?

Good find though. (Btw im pretty sure this combo works on peach too)

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
lolz, agreed this is a fairly achievable combo against luigi.

However just becuase fox now has a decent combo against luigi doesnt mean we'll always win.

Take peach for example, yes we can infinate her, and its relativly easy - so why are they so **** hard to beat!?

Good find though. (Btw im pretty sure this combo works on peach too)
Indeed. Peach is just a good character, I guess. That's why she's my second.

macfox717

Smash Rookie
What about Yoshi? His stupid up+B attack is killing me. Has anybody found a way to counter this one?

. . . Seriousally, that's all my friends do and I want a way to counter it.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
What about Yoshi? His stupid up+B attack is killing me. Has anybody found a way to counter this one?

. . . Seriousally, that's all my friends do and I want a way to counter it.
To counter Yoshi's Eggs...........learn to waveshine combo. You can pretty much shine/grab combo Yoshi to death with Fox.

Or just reflect them...........

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
if someone shoots an egg at u just reflect it, and i never thought luigi countered fox cuz when im fox i do 2 blinks on them and they die.

macfox717

Smash Rookie
Oh, up+b is his eggs, whoops. I ment the other one, ground pound. That's what it's called, ground pound! How do you counter it? I tried the shine and either I can't reflect the stars, or I don't time it well enough.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
...You dodge the hip drop. It's visible from a mile away.
*Is laughing at Wobbling*

shine into illusions not new, and comboing after it if possible is essential. just reasons it shouldnt be named. just a joke tho i understand. sorry if i sound like a ****.
and luigi doesnt counter fox. ^^

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Ohhhhh butt stomp not egg toss oh i see, yeah try blocking if hes right above u and block it then grab his @$$. Easiest way.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
And there was the Wobble Combo, and it helped be beat Luigis, and now my Fox is unsurpassed by Luigis but only them because this combo doesn't cover other characters does it for if it did than my Fox would surpass those as well.

Really though, I was looking at JC'd forward-b after shine, but I didn't think it comboed. I'll take some more runs with it I guess.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yes brother. Spread the word.

Of course Luigi counters Fox. Look at his hat. Tell me that's not a counter.

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
HELL YEAH

Fox is INVINCIBLE !!

WOBBLE FTW WTF !

Joking aside, this combo works pretty well. There's a way to Smash DI out of it though. Guess Luigi just has to get lucky.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Luigi runs to fox - Fox player standing there itching for that up smash - Fox up smashes!!! Luigi sidesteps and the crowd heres one sound.......................................(up+B)CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Luigi runs to fox - Fox player standing there itching for that up smash - Fox up smashes!!! Luigi sidesteps and the crowd heres one sound.......................................(up+B)CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!
Wait, what?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
shine into illusions not new, and comboing after it if possible is essential. just reasons it shouldnt be named. just a joke tho i understand. sorry if i sound like a ****.
and luigi doesnt counter fox. ^^
Quoted for truth.

Fox has no ligitimate counter that he can't work around. It would be smart to avoid using this against the Luigi while he's at lower damages just because of the fact that he could tumble-cancel and fastfall onto your face with a d-air before the lag ends.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Actually... about that... since when is shine into illusion a known tactic? In the 2 and a half years I've been playing, I haven't heard about it, seen it in any match EVER, and haven't seen it mentioned. When was it discovered and implemented, and why does nobody use it?

And, it should be named after me dammit, because I'm awesome and I deserve nice things.

Also, yes, "Luigi counters Fox" was a joke. A jest, if you will.

Actually... about that... since when is shine into illusion a known tactic? In the 2 and a half years I've been playing, I haven't heard about it, seen it in any match EVER, and haven't seen it mentioned. When was it discovered and implemented, and why does nobody use it?

And, it should be named after me dammit, because I'm awesome and I deserve nice things.

maybe you just havent seen enough creative fox v luigi matches. :p
most people dont feel the need to post about any old combo either, that may be why most of the ppl in this thread thatve posted havent heard of it.

Brookman

Smash Hero
JUST FOR THE RECORD. FOX CAN I REPEAT CAN INVERSE INFINITE DRILL SHINE LUIGI ON FD AND PROBABLY DREAMLAND/STADIUM

just man up and get better.

Eggz

Smash Hero
This is genius. you're incredible.
silent wolf if you knew about this why didn't you tell anyone about it?
because i dont go around starting threads about every little combo. -_-
i thought that the shine jab combos were not as well known and underused when i made a thread.
if someone plays vs lv 1s like 2 hours a day at least, every single day, youd assune hed know something like this.
oh, lol.
this is silent wolf. ^^

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer

Shining into an illusion doesn't have a practical use other than to set the other player up for juggling, which has a very small chance of happening. No matter what damage the other person is at, they will either be able to DI out of the way while the lag of the illuison ends, or tumble cancel right above you; both ways ending in a possible aerial to your face.

Wobbles said:
Didn't you infinite everyone you played at NCT2? I guess you do deserve it then. :) Everytime I looked over I saw you doing it, lol. Too good.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Fastfox, to answer your complaints... I really only recommend that you use the combo at mid to high percents. At higher percents it legitimately COMBO's. As in, pure hit stun all the way.

Additionally, if you know the other player intends to attack you, then you could shine, jump, illusion, bait the aerial, then shield grab or dash dance into an aerial or grab.

While I joked about this being "the answer," I myself see this as having two effects:

1) It lets you extend the combo when you previously could not, scoring extra damage off a shine.
2) It lets you legitimately combo Luigi into a KO move at certain percents, making it easier to finish him off.

It's not like it's the be-all, end-all tactic, but at least you can use it to surprise, damage, and then bait your opponent. Is that bad? It beats shining them then putzing around with nothing to do because Luigi went too far away.

Cort

Apple Head
This is pretty fun to do in friendlies, especially since I accidentally kill myself much more often now >_>

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Haha, wow didn't see this until now! Here I thought Luigi was immune to Fox combos in general. :) I'll have to try it when I get the opportunity. I'm curious as to what else you could throw into the mix if you start shortening the distance of the Illusion.

And don't worry about Silent Wolf, he doesn't approve of anything.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
i didnt take this combo serieus at first but i definatly gonna try this now against luigi.
luigi is always a pain in the *** :(

Top Bottom