• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Link Color WiFi Tournament *Results Posted*

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Earlier would have been better. If you get on in the next hour we'll do it. Otherwise we'll have to wait until tomorrow :(

Rizen

Smash Legend
Earlier would have been better. If you get on in the next hour we'll do it. Otherwise we'll have to wait until tomorrow :(
okay I can get on right now :)

edit: Okay, I'm on Xat.

KOtier wins 3-1 vs me, Ano beats him 3-0 and I beat Ano 3-0. That's wifi for ya.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Finish Round 1 matches by Sunday night.

They are:
RIZEN v. LORD XAV1ER
KOTIERWOLF v. HEEROYUY

Going by all played matches, the current standings are:

Code:
Place Name      W:L Points Matches remaining
1.    Anonano    2:2  8          0
2.    Rizen      2:1  7          1
3.    Xav1er    2:0  6          2
4.    Kotierwolf 1:2  5          1
5.    Heero      0:2  0          2
Xav1er, Rizen and I are all tied in first place with the same number of wins--but why am I in first place then and Xav1er in 3rd? It's because I'm using "Points," or total number of wins throughout the tournament as a tiebreaker!
So does Xav1er have some serious ground to make up to get into first place? Actually, no--he still has two matches left to play while I'm completely finished. KotierWolf can tie with me for 2nd if he wins his next set (which will give him the +1 to his W:L ratio AND give him the 3 points he needs to tie with me: how convenient), but he needs Xav1er to lose not only both sets remaining versus Rizen and Kotier but he also needs to get less than 2 wins total if Kotier wants a tie for first place. But here's the catch: either Rizen or Xav1er winning will put both Kotier and I in a 2nd place tie at best as the player accumulates a 3 win W:L record. So the best Kotier or I can hope for is a 2nd place at this point.

Poor Heero has struggled throughout the tournament and remains winless. However, he can scrape a 4th place if he defeats Kotier 3-0 and at least manages a 3-2 win versus Xav1er. This is a very tall order, but can the representative of the Fierce Diety find the strength of the god within and seize 4th place?

Winning either set versus Rizen or Heero will guarantee the Water Tunic Link 2nd place in the tournament. But Xav1er is in a far better position than any other player to seize 1st place: victory versus Rizen will absolutely guarantee him 1st place in this tournament.

Rizen must get at least 1 win off of Xav1er if he hopes to take 2nd place. However, Rizen is not without a failsafe way to guarantee first place for the traditional tunic: If he takes Xav1er down 3-0 in a set of the ages he can snatch for Green the title of the Ultimate Link WiFi Color!

Have fun and may the odds ever be in your favor! :D

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Damn I wish I could have entered this :/
(I'm rather new here - haven't really introduced myself to anyone >.<)

Are there any videos up of you guys playing? I wanna expand my Link
And apologies if I posted in some incorrect manner D:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Welcome Iris! The only video's you'll see of my Link will be of that in Smash 64. It's still a pretty legit rep though.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Damn I wish I could have entered this :/
(I'm rather new here - haven't really introduced myself to anyone >.<)

Are there any videos up of you guys playing? I wanna expand my Link
And apologies if I posted in some incorrect manner D:
It's totally cool Irisz. I'm planning to do another tournament later for the Link boards that will be open for everyone to participate. Not sure if I'm willing to do round robin if we've got over ten or eleven people, but at worst we can do double elimination. The whole point is to give people the opportunity to play everyone else, learn a little, and have a lot of fun. So bug me and I'll do another one soon :D

Anyways, this thread has up-to-date videos of active Link mains (including Bomber's SSB64 Link lol xD).
If you're looking for offline Links, Scizor is your man to watch; I've got a lot of videos up as well, but Scizor's playstyle is close to flawless.

For online, you'll want to check out Rizen and KotierWolf--although I warn you that Rizen's list of videos is quite...prolific.

Looking forward to getting to know you/play you!

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Thanks guys! :)
I would be totally interested to join in the next one - whenever that may be

I'll take a look at that thread, thanks c:
I've seen Scizor before, and I'm watching him atm

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys better/playing y'all :D
Will be browsing about

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ X, I can play sometime later tonight. When works for you?

Edit, well maybe tomorrow :(

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I can always extend the deadline to Monday or Tuesday Rizen D:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Don't forfeit Rizen D: cheer up! I am too worn out to play tonight. Tomorrow is best bet for me. (Just got home).

Heero Yuy

#sweg
And Kotier beats me 3-1. It got really intense towards the last two games.

P.S. Using MK in the friendlies was fun. I think I'll use him more often.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guess I can get you both out the way today just let me know when ready.
I'll play now if you're up and able?

I'll be on Xat for a while. After that it will have to be in the evening or later.

Edit: I guess it will have to be tonight. If I don't play it's my fault and X wins. My sleep's been hell and I've been up all night.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Well, hopefully you guys got your match in.

In any case we'll let Xav1er and Heero play now and then if Rizen isn't feeling better still we'll go ahead and call it.
Heero v Xav1er

Let's get it done guys :D

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Alright I got till about 1pm or 2pm EST before I head out to Fight Night tonight. Will be on XAT within an hour.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Hey X can we Brawl tomorrow? I'll be free practically all day. I just underwent a stressful experience a half hour ago, and now I'm suddenly not in the mood to play.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can play now till about 2pm before I leave for offline tournament today
I can play now. I'm on xat.

edit. Xat signed me out :(. I'll host so join when you're ready.

1 warm up. Then strike YI and FD.

Edit2, great xat goes down and now I can't get in touch with X :/. If we don't play he wins because I was late organizing it.
I'll be on AiB freeplay for a while and check back here too.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Welp now that I'm back from chores, I'm free the rest of the day (implying you haven't already left). All day tomorrow I'm also free.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Wellll the results are awesome, can't wait to show you guys :D :D :D

Top Bottom