• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Killing Machine: Ultimate Chimera

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
THE ULTIMATE CHIMERA THREAD

he's going to be top tier, called it.

The ultimate chimera is probably the most frightening enemy in mother 3, and later on, Brawl. he wasn't scary because of high damage while in battle, it was because if he hit you, YOU ARE DEAD. not even going into a battle or anything. and just seeing him was frightening because you often didn't know where he was, and you would just see him standing there. he is completely invincible. however, he does have one weakness; the button on his back. it turns him on and off. so... he's OP and plz nerf.

The Ultimate Chimera is also probably one of the more well known Mother characters, since his role in mother 3 was basically changing the game style into horror, and also was the most loved/hated/brutal stage element in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

GAME STYLE:
I see the ultimate chimera having a really unique fighting style where he's REALLY slow and heavy, like, slowest in the game, even, but will have very powerful attacks. some being very quick. since in mother 3 his weakness is the button on the back, I feel like he should have a 2.5x launch speed+distance if he's hit from the back or the top, but only a .5x launch from the front. the bottom is just a regular 1x.

MOVESETS[collapse=legendofrob1's moveset]
Size ~ 8
Weight ~ 8
Movement ~ 4
Jumps ~ 2 but can jump 4 times.
Fall Speed ~ 6
Aerial Movement ~ 3
Traction ~ 5

Jab - Ultimate Chimera lets his head down so Birdie can get some peaks in.
Dash - UC headbutts the opponent, like pikachu does.

Tilts:
Up - UC swings his head up for a strong melee attack
Front - UC quickly bites in front of him
Down - he swings his tail behind him, only affecting the back.

Smash:
Up - UC arches his back and uses his wings to attack
Front - a WAY more exaggerated version of the strong attack, even hopping when attacking.
Down - the UC stomps about and hits both sides

Specials: (two are based on a time-charging mechanic like wario waft, and will lose the entire charge if a move is used.)
Up - the UC spirals up in a pink blur.
Front - Birdy flies forward and attacks the nearest enemy. Jab attacks cannot be used when Birdy is not avaliable.
Neutral - UC Chomps down on the opponent with various power levels* based on the charge.
Down - UC Roars. it puts the opponent into a "scared" state where they cannot attack. can only be used when fully charged (30 seconds)

Final Smash:
The Ultimate Chimera has the yellow exclamation mark above it's head, the music stops and the lights grow dimmer, then it chases down the opponents. if it even comes into contact with an opponent, it will, like the games, endlessly chomp down on the opponent for about 10 chomps with about 25 damage each, with the tenth one being the finishing blow from brawl.
[/collapse]

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Why not? I'd think it be funny to see the Ultimate Chimera playable in all of his murderous glory.
Also if New Pork City doesn't return, I really hope the Ultimate Chimera gets upgraded to Assist Trophy. I'd be really disappointed if it didn't come back at all...

A tad bit off topic, but somewhat related I suppose.
I don't know if anyone else has heard or played this, but has anybody tried out Ultimate Chimera Hunt before?
I used to play it all of the time before it started crashing Garry's Mod every time I joined a server, but it's tons of fun.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
There's something I would enjoy seeing, even if highly unlikely. We need more unconvencional and unexpected characters in Smash and the Ultimate Chimera would be really nice

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
It seems that reactions so far are pertty positive. I will update the OP sometime tomorrow, so be alert!

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
This would be pretty awesome to see. Unlikely, but would be a very unique character.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I would LOVE an Assist Trophy Ultimate Chimera. Maybe it would work similarly to the one from New Pork City.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just finished my Everything-but-aerials-because-they-are-hard-to-think-of moveset for the ultimate chimera.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Being a fan of the mother series, especially Mother 3, I would love seeing the Ult. Chimera. Imagine when somebody sees the challenger approaching. I really hope we get a 3rd mother rep, whoever it is fine by me.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
Why not? I'd think it be funny to see the Ultimate Chimera playable in all of his murderous glory.
Also if New Pork City doesn't return, I really hope the Ultimate Chimera gets upgraded to Assist Trophy. I'd be really disappointed if it didn't come back at all...

A tad bit off topic, but somewhat related I suppose.
I don't know if anyone else has heard or played this, but has anybody tried out Ultimate Chimera Hunt before?
I used to play it all of the time before it started crashing Garry's Mod every time I joined a server, but it's tons of fun.
this, this is where my life went go get it now right now this second, go!

EDIT: whoa that's odd I played w/ you once XD

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't mind if he was playable. I just saw the title of the thread and instantly thought of Villager. He is the true ultimate killing machine. So maybe a Chimera costume for Villager? :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I wouldn't mind if he was playable. I just saw the title of the thread and instantly thought of Villager. He is the true ultimate killing machine. So maybe a Chimera costume for Villager? :troll:
If I had new leaf right now I would totally make a design for that lol

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Support! Love Mother 3, love OHKOing my brother with a form of Kirbycide using the Ultimate Chimera, love the event match about him in my Nintendog support thread (hooray for advertising!) and more.

Top Bottom