• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Typing Tiers

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i no longer see a point to this thread- if your not using types that are in the current games. for all we know, certain types may never be grouped together. or even worse, new types may be released.

So for best offensive type, ima go ahead and suggest Heavy/Brutal. Hits everything but Emo for SE.

Best defensive type- Rubber/Glass. and the only poke with this typing has the HP of bliss, defensive stats of shuckle, and the movepool of lugia.
....way to troll

what i meant by non-existant typings was non-existant type combinations, such as dragon/fighting 9seeing as there is no current pokemon that is both dragon and fighting, but it is still legit in that there may be one someday)
He has a point, even if he is trolling. I think this thread is a terrific idea, but it's a little unrealistic to order every type combination into a tier list.

Besides, it'd be a lot more useful just operating within the current metagame. Besides, if a new game comes out, new moves might shake up the entire list. Tier the new type combinations when they come.

I know it's a poor example but the Back Room isn't putting characters that could exist in future games into the Tier List for Brawl.. so there isn't a great deal of use doing the opposite here.

Once again, love the thread's concept, I just think you are setting too big a goal, and one that isn't terrificly useful.

But, having said that, it's your thread, and you can do what you want, I don't want you to lose enthusiasm for this. So if you think you can, go ahead. I wish you the best of luck.

JOE!

Smash Hero
true, but unlike in smash, where new characters can only be wished for usually...in pokemon new comboes are essentially a given, with "when" as the only obstacle.

that, and regardless of move some types will allways be better...for example, would normal type attacks ever be better than fighting?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yes, if everything taht Fighting hits super effective isn't common in the metagame, and everything that resist it is.

Example: Psychich types dominate Ubers, in OU they are considered a cursed type to have.
Everyone hates fire, but in NU Firetypes are rampant, to the point to where NOT having a fire type is suicide.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Everyone hates fire, but in NU Firetypes are rampant, to the point to where NOT having a fire type is suicide.
More like in OU Fire-types are looked down upon, but their offensive capabilities are what make them shine the most. Fire-type attacks are needed to ward off the Steel-types present in OU.

Whereas in NU Fire-types are just purely powerful Pokemon who can run amok even with Stealth Rock up.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Yes, if everything taht Fighting hits super effective isn't common in the metagame, and everything that resist it is.

Example: Psychich types dominate Ubers, in OU they are considered a cursed type to have.
@ your first example

I understand what your trying to say but your information is faulty.

Ubers has 1 psychic type in the top 10 (Mewtwo), whereas OU has 3 (Jirachi, Metagross, and Latias). And psychic is a bad type to have in any tier. But really its dragon that dominates Ubers (4 in the top 10).

Sure there are lots of Uber Psychics but they are not used that much often BECAUSE of their psychic typing.

Top Bottom