• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Turnaround Run Slide Cancel

snuffychris605

Smash Rookie
NNID
snuffychris605
So, I've discovered an interesting mechanic that I wanted to explain, but was not sure if it was already found as I haven't found anything on it. I call it the Turnaround Run Slide Cancel.

Explanation: When you dash with a character, then turn around, you go through the skid then enter what I call the "get going" stage. During this part, its as if you are standing still, since you are able to perform tilts, jabs, standing grab, smashes, etc. If they carry your momentum, like some Up-Tilts, you slide with it.

For example, Meta Knight, Yoshi, Toon Link and Link all carry momentum with uptilt during a perfect pivot. This momentum carrying also applies to this technique. I have started to work on a spreadsheet showing the distance of each characters slide(using Up-Tilt) measuring with the Omega Green Hill Zone squares. How I test it is I dash towards the ledge and turn around right as I'm reaching the ledge and then Up-Tilt hopefully the moment before it would become a Dash Attack. I may also add on the spreadsheet the distance in squares a character can go before the Up-Tilt would become a Dash Attack.

If anyone would like to collaborate on this and help me fill in the sheet(we could also play Smash Wii U and find uses for it, talk, etc.) my discord is ←/snuffychris605#9404.

I would try to provide some footage, but it would be very difficult to do so, either using a phone camera or the slow Wii U Replay Uploader.

Please inform me if the technique has already been discovered and discussed.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I'm having trouble visualizing this. Perhaps you could post a video showing this when you get the time? Even poor quality is alright.

Additionally, would you consider this more practical than a perfect pivot?

Last edited:

snuffychris605

Smash Rookie
NNID
snuffychris605
I'm having trouble visualizing this. Perhaps you could post a video showing this when you get the time? Even poor quality is alright.

Additionally, would you consider this more practical than a perfect pivot?
Ill do my best to provide footage next time I get the chance. Ill hopefully get some good quality. I couldn't really compare it to the perfect pivot only becuase it requires you to run, then turaround and then perform the move. But, when I provide footage, everyone else would see what im trying to explain and see for themselves if its useful

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
Try going in a match against a bot then performing the technique. Then saving the recording. Ans posting it so we can see.

snuffychris605

Smash Rookie
NNID
snuffychris605
So I have some footage here I used a tablet to record. It looked good plus Id rather use it than the uploader. I kinda go into showing it, then finding uses.

Duplighost Duplighost

Last edited:
Top Bottom