• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Turbo Ball, replacement for Smash Ball.

You want the Turbo Ball?

• Yes

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

Kati

Smash Lord
Considering the starter pokemon don't currently have final smashes, I think this is fantastic idea. When I played ffa casuals with my friends back when brawl first came out, we all figured that final smashes were terribly balanced pretty quickly, so I don't think it's fair to assume that casual=love of final smashes, or that "final smashes are a big part of ssb."

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I actually got introduced to the competitive game through Project M, but initially I just downloaded it because it looked like a fun new way to play Brawl, which at the time I grew bored of. In other words, I started out playing Project M casually. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done that.

I think a vehicle's point is that Project M shouldn't be catered too much into a party game, and that it being a balanced enjoyable competitive game should be its first priority. I don't necessarily think he's bashing the casual crowd or saying that Project M can't be played as a party game.

meow

Smash Apprentice
I played all the games and loved them (Brawl the least). I grew really bored with Brawl and tried Brawl- (dear god was it fun) and then I saw Project M 1.0. I thought to myself why would anyone want to play an antique game? Wasn't brawl superior? I youtubed my question, and my eyes were opened to the competitive scene. I finally understood what that top comment on Brawl's trailer meant ("Cool, now can we all go back to melee?). I picked up P:M v1.0 and found it very lame with only a few characters. So I practiced on melee until the day 2.0 came out and I was the happiest kid ever that day...

I think people who play P:M are casuals who want or try to play competitively and that we should cater to the competitive side first and then the "party-esque" side.

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
I actually got introduced to the competitive game through Project M, but initially I just downloaded it because it looked like a fun new way to play Brawl, which at the time I grew bored of. In other words, I started out playing Project M casually. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done that.

I think a vehicle's point is that Project M shouldn't be catered too much into a party game, and that it being a balanced enjoyable competitive game should be its first priority. I don't necessarily think he's bashing the casual crowd or saying that Project M can't be played as a party game.
It's as if you actually read my post, thank you

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
English isn't my first language, sometimes comes out a little awkward

Which effectively explains away all of the controversy. All things considered you're doing well. Helluva lot better than my Spanish, anyways. Sorry for the insults and slander, I was picking up a completely different (and much more negative) vibe from your posts than what it seems like you were intending.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
First off sales doesn't equate to how fun a game is. Seriously, Sonic 06' was a platinum hit on 360. Also casual Smashers aren't inherently casual gamers. It's extremely common for casual Smashers to play PM. Sure, they may not be L-cancelling and wavedashing and all that good stuff, but it's still a faster game with a more balanced roster than Brawl. Project M is really well advertised on game news sites and youtube and among fans, casual or otherwise. Obviously the most casual of the casual aren't going to be playing Project M, but fans who don't take the game seriously competitively still can get tons out of Project M, especially now that it's going to have extra characters.

No matter which way you cut it you're being close minded and naive.
That piece of **** was a PLATINUM HIT?!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This Isn't a bad Idea at all. But rather than replace I'd say add as another item if possible. But if they can't do that, turbo ball all the way!

Top Bottom