• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Transforming Roster - A Patience-Testing Forum Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The Transforming Roster
Alrighty, I thought of a new forum game I'd like to try. It's actually more of an exercise than it is a game, now that I think about it. In The Transforming Roster, we're all going to create a roster together. This has nothing to do with SSB4's roster itself, so get that clear out of your head right now and pay attention.

Now, it goes like this. Here we have a roster:

You see all those Ditto? They're here to do what you say. What do I mean? Let me quickly explain the rules.

You are here to create the ideal roster. However, so is everyone else. So what this means is that you'll have to cooperate or compete to create the ideal roster using only the space provided. You get to post once a day on the thread. In that post, you command one of the Ditto to transform, or, if you want, for one of the Ditto to un-Transform. Read the example below so you can get an idea of what I mean.
[collapse="Example scenario"]
Robert A wants to add Pit to the roster. He says this.

Transform: Ditto into Pit

The roster now has Pit as a character.
However, Robert B doesn't like Pit at all, so he is going to sabotage Pit off the roster. He says this.

Transform: Pit into Ditto

The roster is now back to normal.
Meanwhile, Robert C absolutely hates Falco with a passion. Even though Falco was a melee character, he's just going to remove Falco anyway. He says this.
Transform: Falco into Ditto

Now Falco is just a Ditto. He was removed.
[/collapse]
Does that make sense? I hope so. Feel free to ask if you don't understand.

Important information:
Please be reasonable with who they transform into. At the very least, make sure they're available in the roster maker program by default. If they aren't, provide an icon of them. The Original 12 are untouchable. You may not transform them at all, whatsoever. Only Ditto can Transform into another character. You may not directly change one character into another. Additionally, if your post is inconsistent with the previous post, it will not count. Make sure you edit it before a mess is created. You cannot simply un-transform a character right after it is transformed. There must be at least two posts after a transformation in order to un-transform a character. There is no limit to how quickly a Ditto can be transformed, however. Finally, you cannot have two Ditto transform into the same character. At the end of each week on Sunday, I will post the up to date roster for your viewing pleasure. Any posts after 11:59pm CST on Saturday will not make it into the roster and will instead be the first changes of the new week.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Here's the default roster:

Using this as a base, we'll see what the community's idea of an ideal roster looks like after the current week is up.
[collapse="1st Week Roster - 7/21/13"]

[/collapse]
[collapse="2nd Week Roster - 7/28/13"]

[/collapse]
[collapse="3rd Week Roster - 8/4/13"]

[/collapse]
[collapse="4th Week Roster - 8/11/13"]

[/collapse]
[collapse="5th Week Roster - 8/18/13"]

[/collapse]
[collapse="Current change-list"]
Last edited 7:49pm CST, 8/18
Pink indicates this was originally Ditto
Underlined means this is currently a Ditto

No Ditto remain untransformed
Ditto -> Falco
Ditto -> Mega Man
Ditto -> Villager
Ditto -> Isaac
Ditto -> Skull Kid
Ditto -> Geno
Ditto -> Palutena
Ditto -> Mewtwo
Ditto -> Little Mac
Bowser
Peach
Diddy Kong
Wario -> Ditto -> Shulk
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link -> Ditto -> Kamek
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Olimar
Falco -> Ditto -> Ridley
Wolf -> Ditto -> Anna
Pokémon Trainer -> Ditto -> Snake
Lucario -> Ditto -> Andy
Marth
Ike
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake -> Ditto -> Wario
Sonic
[/collapse]

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ah, clever. You found a loophole I missed. A dickish move, but a helpful one nonetheless.

I'll let it pass this time, but as a new rule, you cannot simply un-transform a character right after it is transformed. There must be at least two posts after a transformation in order to un-transform it.

As a quick example:
Transform: Ditto into Ridley
Untransform: Pichu into Ditto
Transform: Ditto into Wario
Untransform: Ridley into Ditto

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I posted it simply to test the theory. The day I turn my back on Ridley is the day I stop posting in Indigo.

That said, glad I could help. I look forward to the twists and turns this will take.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Transform Ditto into Ike.

@Robert
Since I live in a different timezone, I think specifying the exact time when the day ends would be a good idea.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread is becoming a joke... :glare:

The OP states that we are here to create the IDEAL roster.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Yeah guys lets try not to get rid of obvious choices. Transform ditto into bomberman

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Whoa, this got popular overnight.

First off, let me say, a few of you touched the Original 12. You can't do that.

Second off, I thought this was implied, but I guess some of us really want to attack every loophole there is. You can't have two Ditto transform into the same character. The second Waluigi post does not count for that reason, I'm sorry. Reznor, I will let you post again, but don't do what you did before (as nice as it was).
This thread is becoming a joke... :glare:

The OP states that we are here to create the IDEAL roster.
Third, remember that I said that this is an exercise. Whether some people are being serious or not, every bit counts. If someone tries to mess up the roster, will others help fix it, or will they jump the bandwagon? Will opinions get in the way of reasonable choices? Are there certain controversial characters that we cannot agree on whatsoever? We learn all that and more here in this thread. It may look like a joke, but trust me, this is progress.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Alrighty, I thought of a new forum game I'd like to try. It's actually more of an exercise than it is a game, now that I think about it. In The Transforming Roster, we're all going to create a roster together. This has nothing to do with SSB4's roster itself, so get that clear out of your head right now and pay attention.
>Nothing to do with SSB4's roster
>Posted in SSB4 Character Discussion

Colour me confused.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Transform Ditto into a bigger Ditto, who then transforms into Ridley. :awesome:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Transform Ridley into Ditto
There must be at least two posts after a transformation in order to un-transform them.

Reznor was one post. There was no second post.

And by posts, I mean ones that actually change whether a Ditto has Transformed or Un-Transformed, meaning this post does not count.

Try again later.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
There must be at least two posts after a transformation in order to un-transform them.

Reznor was one post. There was no second post.

And by posts, I mean ones that actually change whether a Ditto has Transformed or Un-Transformed, meaning this post does not count.

Try again later.
Unless I'm missing something here, I'm fairly certain Ridley and Kamek are different characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom