• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

:: The Toon Link's Massive Knockback 1st hit D-Smash.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rbFnHBI-kts

This definitely don't ban Toon Link from the competitive smash scene.
Because this happen only once here, and today is my first time playing (wow just imagine my face when I DSmashed xD priceless).
And the player doesn't control this Smash to do just for the first hit.

The knockback for the first D-Smash hit its used to link to the second hit.
For some reason the second hit didn't hit, I think this is due some Smash DI from the Zelda. Repeating: this is the only time that I saw the without 2nd hit Down Smash.

Someone that have Brawl can check this out?
I still don't have a Wii/Brawl T_T

Swink

Smash Rookie
That was ridiculous. I wonder what might have happened. Seems like a glitch to me. Hopefully Toon link's D-Smash isn't that powerful. Then who needs Ike eh =( haha.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
holys*** that was crazy its like samus's dsmash meets sheiks ssbm fair

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
toon link down smash > marth's fs.
seriously WTF HAX. this is messed up.

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
If you actually read the comments, it happened because Zelda was constantly DIing to the left. She got hit by the first hit of the down smash, which sent her into the second hit because of the DI (and perhaps enough damage), which then sent her even further, and was also aided by her constant DIing to the left still. It's not even close to being that strong normally.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO that was awesome
I can check on that once i get/figure out how to get toon link, gimme a week (too long perhaps...)

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I know he said that the damage ratio was a 1.0, but dang, anyone think he could've been fooling us? That better have been a one-time deal or Toon Link will be broken beyond repair.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I won't like Toon Link no matter how good he is

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
No, he was saying that it would be ironic if peach (uber dSmash) got owned by TLink's dsmash.

At least, that would make sense.

Hope that's what he was saying.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
This happened once this weekend against me, I was hit with just the first part of TLink's Dsmash and got sent at a downwards angle way far, it almost killed me. Pretty crazy.

Tinshi

Smash Rookie
LIke what happened their I think is that guy was mashing down on the c stick with zelda and her leg stuck out and got her leg. With her leg getting caught only I think thats what caused the gravity of the first hit throw her in a wierd angle ; and missing the second hit completely.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
LIke what happened their I think is that guy was mashing down on the c stick with zelda and her leg stuck out and got her leg. With her leg getting caught only I think thats what caused the gravity of the first hit throw her in a wierd angle ; and missing the second hit completely.
Sigged.

10chars

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All according to plan...
You planned on him being the overused fox that no one really cares about except him on the tier list? With false fans up the ass? (Which apparently isn't censored?)

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I was a Link mainer in Melee, and later became a Young Link mainer. I've been playing Y. Link for about a year and a half to two full years (its been a while), and got better with him than I ever did with Link. Who cares if he was tiered lower? He was still really good. Plus, a lot of people I played against commented on how good I was with him. I am glad to see that the character I have chose as my main, as well as the other Smashers out there who use him, has been vastly improved. ****, there is much talk of him being top and even GOD tier. That is truly amazing. I just hope he doesn't become the new Fox, and see everyone play as him ;)

You planned on him being the overused fox that no one really cares about except him on the tier list? With false fans up the ass? (Which apparently isn't censored?)
I made my post before I saw yours. Anyway, I am not a front runner. I truly DO play as Young Link. He got buffed, which makes me glad. It makes him better and encourages more folks to play as him. I just don't want too many people seeing how good he is...heh

Anyway, why so much hate? Don't tell me...ZOMG! CLONEZ!!! or..**** you Sakurai! Where is mah Ridley and Geno!! Or is it because he got improved and another character didn't? What is it?

Top Bottom