• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The three kings of early metal - Zep/Sabbath/Purple

PF9

Smash Lord
Heavy metal started in the late 1960s/early 1970s with bands such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath - all British acts. These bands were the genre's seminal acts in its early days. Though Deep Purple and Black Sabbath are still recording and performing to this day, Led Zeppelin, on the other hand, pretty much ended with the 1980 death of their drummer John Bonham, save for a few one-off concerts with his son Jason on drums.

Their work continues to be influential today; bands such as Wolfmother are explicitly modeled on their work among others.

So, who else enjoys listening to these three bands?

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Of those three, Led Zeppelin is definitely my favorite. I've listened to LZII so many times. It's one of the greatest albums of all time in my opinion. Track 2, What Is And What Should Never Be, is a highly underrated song of theirs. Sabbath and Purple are amazing as well, although admittedly I've listened to Purple the least, but enough that I know more than just Smoke on the Water.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Man those bands were my childhood...and i was botn in '96.I loved listening to themjust as much as I loved learning their songs on guitar and showing off to classmates. haha i sure was shallow. They're are just one of those bands you hear and love for the memories.

I haven't kept up with Wolfmother since Cosmic Egg or whatever it was called xD They are great too, i might just get back into them again.

Top Bottom