• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The thing I want most...

Vkrm

Smash Lord
If they added leaderboards and online multiplayer to superman 64 would that make it good? Give me melee 2.0. That's what i want most.

:phone:

Flatlander

Smash Rookie
Most people have nostalgia issues when it comes to gaming lol.
Yes Melee is pretty awesome.
Yes Brawl has more issues than melee, but was still pretty awesome.

It's already been stated that character balancing is taking a much higher priority than it did in Brawl.
Personally, as long as it's super smash bros, and the characters are decently balanced. All that's left for me personally is a decent online community that allows for competitive gameplay.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
The thing I want most is for people to just shut up about games they don't like because the complaining will change nothing about the game.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
**** da balance. I'll only be playing top tiers anyhow. Brawl wasn't awesome. Brawl is a butchered version of melee. One dimensional and completely uninteresting to anybody with a desire to play it competitively.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
The thing I want most is for people to stop posting once it's clear that everyone knows they're a troll.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
In Order of Importance.
1. Improved Performance and Custom Options in Online Play.
2. Remove Tripping/Not so Floaty/Faster Gameplay
3. Some How Give Characters More Moves or Legitamate Combos
4. Melee Style Event Matches
5. Have Atleast 2 out of my 3 Most Wanted Characters Make it in Sm4sh

Ridley
Mewtwo
King K.Rool

TL:DR: I want Melee 2.0

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Wii U's online is incredible. Listening to music on youtube in another window while posting this comment on the gamepad.

Just hope they include 1 vs 1 in the options this time for random battles with strangers.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Yeah, it would be really cool if there could be a tournament mode, consisting of 1v1's. I'd also like a Duel Mode for online, so you can 1v1 random players.

Personally, I don't like the online ranking. Sometimes I like to go on Basic Brawl and chill with people. You know...a "taunt party". If they introduce online ranking into the next smash, that's going to completely ruin it, because no one will want to lose rank over not fighting. ;_;

I especially don't think online ranking should EVER be introduced if all they're going to have is Team Battle and Basic Brawl...

It would also be cool if you could MAKE your own matches, and random people can go to a "lobby" and search for a match that someone is hosting. You could make your own rules, and choose how many players you want. I'd like if you could name the room, but that would lead to little kids typing inappropriate stuff into the room name. @_@

What? I play matches with my friend all the time and we always do 1v1
He means Basic Brawl and Team Battle, not the Friend Roster.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
There won't be any kind of online ranking or tourney mode unless sakurai has changed his mind about smash. He doesn't want there to be an emphasis on victory or defeat......

I know, it's dumb.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
''Vkrm'' Is Absoultly right there wont be any tourney or online ranking.

I hope atleast it keeps a combat record.

W/L
Most used Chars
Hit percentage
Most perfered stage
Etc: We will mould our own Smash competitvly just like we have always done ~ with Melee and as best as it was possible..Brawl..

You done know this from the start xD we does this!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To what extent is Namco behind the game again? Isn't it mostly? I think we might have a higher chance of these things in that case

nessokman

Smash Lord
There won't be any kind of online ranking or tourney mode unless sakurai has changed his mind about smash. He doesn't want there to be an emphasis on victory or defeat......

I know, it's dumb.

Not dumb that Sakurai wants to spare the feelings of little eight year olds who got stomped trying to make the top 10.

Smash was made to be casual anywho, melee being competitive at all was an accident, hence brawl being made how it was.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
lmfaooo good one.

Yh brawl wasent a bad game it is only when compared to melee.

but lets face it people always compare past installments to the latest ones.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Not dumb that Sakurai wants to spare the feelings of little eight year olds who got stomped trying to make the top 10.

Smash was made to be casual anywho, melee being competitive at all was an accident, hence brawl being made how it was.
It is dumb. If someone really cared about scoring a high rank, they wouldn't be discouraged by having a long road to walk. If they really, truly cared.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
a lot of casuals and non-competitives try to suggest online rankings and I just laugh a little.

Because as soon as the pros start dominating the rankings by using tactics and strategies that the noobs think are "cheap" they'll be complaining about how the rankings are pointless or lame because all the 'fox only final destination guys are ruining it."

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Who..knows the game might be alot more competetive then brawl but not so much like
melee.

The online connection could be alot better then brawl to! and tripping could be removed!

These are all things i think will actually happen but what i also think could happen is.

That if you get matched up with only 1 person in random matchmaking the game will automaticly add bots..like brawl did...Also no Random 1v1 Mode..only 1v1 online if the person is on your friendslist

Also items i bet wont be able to be turned off in Random MM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O know theres the Main tekken team working with Sakurai and Some Soul Calibur Dev's but i think the Soul Calibur guys are helping on Visuals/Artwork if im not mistaken.

All im saying is If Sakurai just takes a single leaf outta the tree of Modern day onlines biggest fighting games Tekken/Street Fighter/Soul Calibur it would do nothing to Sm4sh but make it A million times better.

Knowing Tekken's best main Devs & Soul Calibur Devs Are with Sm4sh is the greatest thing that could ever happen to this game..if it was just Sakurai and same team from Brawl working on it..I would have no faith whatsoever hey! i wouldnt have even joined these forums because i wouldnt care.

If they get it Right Sm4sh could be elevated and considered a real threat/contender in modern day fighting games.

We Litreally got the best of the best
Tekken>Huge Experience in fighting games
Soul Calibur>Beautiful Visuals/Artwork. SC2 was outstanding on GC.
Tales>Dont know much about them but i think there helping wih the story mode.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
a lot of casuals and non-competitives try to suggest online rankings and I just laugh a little.

Because as soon as the pros start dominating the rankings by using tactics and strategies that the noobs think are "cheap" they'll be complaining about how the rankings are pointless or lame because all the 'fox only final destination guys are ruining it."
Then they need to stop *****ing and try to figure out what to do against these so called cheap tactics.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
Then they need to stop *****ing and try to figure out what to do against these so called cheap tactics.
you know better than that Kuma, its much easier for them to complain and try to act as if the people winning are just using "cheap" tactics adn not "skill"

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You litreally stole the thoughts outta my brain..

Expect Everything to be Rhino Dirreha if it is then no suprise..but if its good! very happy and suprised
Vs.
Expect everything to be good if it is then brag about how right you was..if Rhino Dirreha game then huge upset wheeping..crying..complaining for next 2 years...calling the Devs curse names you would only hear in South Park...

Top Bottom