• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The **** that is Marth's Up-tilt!

FingDIAHK

Smash Rookie
I recently learned to used marth's up-tilt effectively..... OMG you can pretty much link his uptilt into anything! I use his up-tilt just a little bit less than I use his f-air... Is that bad? Is there a way to get out of an up-tilt with proper DI because whenever I start a up-tilt fest on my friends they always seem to get hit by atleast 3.

Oh, btw when I dash attack they usually go behind me placing them in perfect up-tilt range, Is it better to up-tilt or b-air? To me it seems like the up-tilt and the b-air both link into a continuing combo, I just wanted to know which one I should use..... if it even matters.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
It all really depends on what you are most comfortable with. And they can DI out of it if they are high enough percents. Utilt wrecks fast fallers though.

FingDIAHK

Smash Rookie
You can even f-smash after the dash attack.
*cough* tgm *cough*
Why F-smash? You will probably not sweetspot and to follow the dash with a up tilt to b-air to f-air to a possible F-smash is better, also if you miss the last f-smash you still did more damage with the combo than just a dash to f-smash. F-smash is more of a finisher anyway because of its inability to link into a longer combo. Plus you will never use that combo to kill a decent player because if their percentage is high enough to kill them, the dash attack will send them out of F- smash range.

Top Bottom