• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Link's Tournament Results [1 March]

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
PolloHot Tournament
Wifi, Chile.
February 24th, 2011
Singles - 7th of 20 (Link & Kirby)
Brackett
Thread

* 1 ZeRo (National Offline Champion 2011) (Metaknight)
* 2 Zeta (Mario)
* 3 Hb2 (Peach)
* 4 FBI (Lucario)
* 5 KanT (Snake)
* 5 Yasfer (Dedede, Metaknight)
* 7 Drigo Toes (Link, Kirby)
* 7 FernHades (Mr. Game & Watch, Lucas)
* 9 LeandroHot (Snake, Olimar)
* 9 Iori (Snake, Metaknight)
* 11 ivan-solid (Sonic)
* 11 Rajam (Mr. Game & Watch, Wario)
* 13 ^_^ (Zero Suit Samus)
* 14 MSTR7 (Metaknight)
* 15 zebas (--)
* 16 alex_chan (--)
* 16 Fabri (Fox)
* 16 MClovin/Dexia (Metaknight)
* 16 Mithos le Bambino (Yoshi)
* 16 Mohämed (--)

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Wow a Mario player got second. That's pretty amazing, especially with all those MKs. I swear Mario vs MK is worse then Link vs MK.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Wow a Mario player got second. That's pretty amazing, especially with all those MKs. I swear Mario vs MK is worse then Link vs MK.
Metaknight, the best character in Brawl by a pretty large margin, utterly destroys Mario and Link, who are more or less garbage characters with no shot of doing anything significant anyway. U mad, Sakurai, that Miyamoto's games are better?
:troll: :troll: :troll:

Also, nice job on the placing Drigo.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Solo personajes Meele Tournament (Only Meele Character)
Wifi, Chile.
March 18th, 2011
Singles - 3th of 11 (Mostly Link)
Brackett
Thread

1: Yasfer (Pikachu & G&W)
2: Hb2 (Peach & G&W)
3: Drigo Toes (Link & Kirby)
4: Zero (Marth, Ice, Ness)
5: FBI (Falco & Luigi)
5: Rajam (G&W)
7: Dragon (C. Falcon)
7: Snake (Falco)
9: Maldo (Pikachu & Peach)
9: LeandroHot (Falco)
9: rollo (Marth)

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
I just went to my first tourney yesterday in Memphis.
I placed 9th/8th out of the top 16 people to make it out of pools. I went all Link for singles.
Me and my brother (Jet3000) placed 3rd out of I think like 12 teams, idk. I went Snake while he went MK. We came so close to second and I know we could have had first.
In singles, I lost to KDS 0-2, He went MK all set. I brought him down to his stock the first match but I gimped myself. The second match, he beat me with two stocks because I didn't counterpick him like an idiot. Got sent to losers and beat some marth who has decently good but rolled too much. I went against Talonted(fox) next. I lost to him on BF. Then took him to Norfair and won. Last match was on final destination(ironically) were we went head up in an intense match. We both were on our last stock with high percentage. We had a DBZ moment to see who would prevail. I missed a perfectly good trip for a Fsmash on him and he recovered to eventually Usmash me. I became a little disappointed in myself because I know that matchup inside out and I destroy aggressive Foxes normally (I did three stock some guy's Fox in friendlies though). I was nervous and I missed a good kill set up. No money reward but overall, the tourney was pretty good and larger than I expected it to be. I also learned many things while there
1. Tennessee actually does have a small smash scene.
2. TN has alot of Links and Foxes. (most srubs though)
3. RC is actually pretty damn good for Link (I beat almost everyone there and i almost beat a Wario there, no MKs on this stage thankfully).
4. I'm not as good as I thought I was but I have alot of room for improvement( Talonted said I have the sickest Link he has ever seen. Guess he hadn't seen Legan or Kirinblaze but I'll take the compliment!).
5. Link sux in dubs!!! No brainer tho.

I might get the results posted later but I want your honest, raw opinions on my performance. Good for a first timer or not. I solely believe that I could have done better in singles and doubles.

Top Bottom