• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Sword, the Up Aerial, and the Shuttle Loop [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Are you sure you want your first post ever to be a guide? Probably should go to the greet forums. At least, thats what the mods say. <.<

EDIT: What the heck, there's nothing here! Are you even allowed to make a guide that short w/o at least (WIP) in the title?

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Looking like another guide made for the sake of being a guide.

Yeah yeah, its not finished, but I very much doubt it would be anything worth looking at even then.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Well, I have read those guides, and they helped me quite a bit. But they didn't go into detail about the weakness in his neutral. So I did this to list the combos and to give advice on working around his issues.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Overall MK's neutral isn't even poor tho, like you said in your guide. His ground game is excellent and he has all the tools he needs to get things going: burst mobility, safe moves, spacing ability, multiple combo starters. His only real problem is a lack of ways to deal with SH approaches. It's only poor if you compare it to the greats ie. Sheik, Fox, etc. but he has the ridiculous reward and really good disadvantage state to make up for it. If he really had a bad neutral he wouldn't be as good as he is.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Overall MK's neutral isn't even poor tho, like you said in your guide. His ground game is excellent and he has all the tools he needs to get things going: burst mobility, safe moves, spacing ability, multiple combo starters. His only real problem is a lack of ways to deal with SH approaches. It's only poor if you compare it to the greats ie. Sheik, Fox, etc. but he has the ridiculous reward and really good disadvantage state to make up for it. If he really had a bad neutral he wouldn't be as good as he is.
Having read over it again, I admit I overstated his neutral disadvantage a little too much. Though it isn't terrible, or bad even, the info is partly relevant, as his neutral is outclassed by top tiers (i.e., the characters he'll be going against most often, like Shiek and Fox as you said). Not too sure about safe moves, though. DA and F-smash are safe, but they're still predictable, and F-smash is telegraphed. D-tilt can be useful for speed, but its range keeps it from being reliable. Again, I overstated, but from my experience, it's overall average, slightly above average at best. The thing is, I mentioned in the guide that a good neutral would make him one of the best in the game, due to his powerful combo ability. Might sound silly, but I'm totally fine if he did have a terrible neutral, because of the greater feeling of reward when you get that conversion. He's a very good character, definitely high tier, but surely not among the very best. Thanks, Jamurai.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Also, any thoughts on the rest of the guide? I'm trying to think of a combo that I didn't include. And I'll edit a few parts about his neutral. Anything important I missed? Again, I appreciate. I really wanna make this a great guide.

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
there a lot of cool uses for back air, such as starting a jab lock if u fast fall it so that the last hit doesn't hit. then u can turn around to do 1-2 down tilts then up tilt to convert into up airs, which can convert to an up b for the kill. this is high risk high reward, and u might be better off punishing with a forward smash or a tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom