• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"the Sword of Death"

cityondown114

Smash Rookie
Kirby has a wonderful b-up. Okay by wonderful I mean that if it misses it makes him vulnerable, it can easily be caped....etc.....

However, if one can get the timing down, it is a very good spike...and I mean extremely good. Does anybody happen to know the exact time at which you have to hit with the sword to get the spike? it has happened twice accidentally in battle and I would really like to be able to replicate it on command...

It seemed to me that you can only spike if you miss the person on the way up and hit them on the way down at the top part of the arc. Does everyone agree?

Samochan

Smash Master
You need to hit with the downward going sword part to meteor someone, and Kirby's up B isn't really good meteor as it's slow and thus easy to see coming, sends down quite slowly compared to other meteors so easier to meteor cancel and the move itself is situational and hard to hit with. And yes, you cannot meteor them if you hit with the upwards part of the move, since it sends them up and they will miss the downward part.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby's Final Cutter can meteor even after hitting the opponent upward, it's just not as likely since they tend to get knocked away or DI out of the attack before being hit by the last part of it. I see it often when I strike from from the ledge since they're not likely DIing backward.

Also, if you want to see where the actual hitbox, go to The Competitive Kirby. If you go to the appendix at the end with all the moves listed, you can click on Final Cutter and it will take you to an AR video of mine.

Top Bottom