• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U The supposed data-kill error...

LiX

Smash Rookie
Hello Smash Community.
I bet since I am a rather new to the Smash 4 party, people have already discussed this issue. But in case they have not... I'd better warn everyone along with asking my silly question.

Today, when I started Smash4, it gave me an error (160-0105) and told me there was something wrong with my USB device where all my data is on. You can believe me, I put quite some time into this game. Losing the "work" of plenty of relaxed evenings seemed quite frustrating, so I decided to try anything to recover the data.
Copying it to the Wii U did not work, part by part transfer is impossible.
So I stumbled upon this trick: All you have to do is create a new user in the Wii U menu: He can start Smash with all your playing data intact. However, he also won't be able to copy or transfer the Smash4 data.

The reason why this is so is that the primary account has the game data corrupted. Your personal, mii-connected game data is broken due to some stupid error that can really appear anytime.
So in order to be able to copy the game successfully, you'd have to delete your corrupt game data.

So my question is:

Are my in-game achievments tied to my primary, corrupted data-account or ist it tied to the general, shared data file?
It really does not seem so, since my new character could also access the data, but I want to make sure before I delete it and have to do all those challenges again...

Last edited:

LiX

Smash Rookie
Thank you!

Yes, I just tested it by deleting my personal Mii-file. I then started Smash4, creating a new, non-corrupted file for my Mii, with all my Savedata being intact. Glad that worked.

Top Bottom