• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I made a few Mewtwo icons with 3D renders (to better fit the regular character icons). I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what you guys think of them. I used the templates provided so these are accurately sized. I'll link the original arts I used.

#1 & #2

This art is from the Pokemon TCG. The first one captured a good pose, but I didn't like how far away it was, so I zoomed it in for number 2.

I just used the art from Project M for this one, so nothing too special.

I used a melee render for this one. I'm quite happy with how this turned out.

This one is personally my favorite out of them all. I like the pose and how much of Mewtwo it captures.

Just click on the numbers to see the original arts. I'm probably going to make more icons for other characters later, and the posts won't sound this awkward. Thanks for taking your time to read through this whole post.

EDIT: If you haven't read my later posts, these were done in a low quality editor and in a pressed amount of time. I'm better at making them than these. Just wanted to get that out there.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I made a few Mewtwo icons with 3D renders (to better fit the regular character icons). I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what you guys think of them. I used the templates provided so these are accurately sized. I'll link the original arts I used.

#1 & #2

This art is from the Pokemon TCG. The first one captured a good pose, but I didn't like how far away it was, so I zoomed it in for number 2.

I just used the art from Project M for this one, so nothing too special.

I used a melee render for this one. I'm quite happy with how this turned out.

This one is personally my favorite out of them all. I like the pose and how much of Mewtwo it captures.

Just click on the numbers to see the original arts. I'm probably going to make more icons for other characters later, and the posts won't sound this awkward. Thanks for taking your time to read through this whole post.
I hope this doesn't come across as mean, but I remade a couple of these icons to be of higher quality because I love the idea. I couldn't get 4 to be any better and didn't do 3 because it's already been done.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I hope this doesn't come across as mean, but I remade a couple of these icons to be of higher quality because I love the idea. I couldn't get 4 to be any better and didn't do 3 because it's already been done.

That wasn't mean in the slightest. Thanks for redoing them. I had to throw those together quickly because I had something I had to do. :)

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm glad. It was hoping I didn't offend you with that.

And no problem. If you have any other ideas like that, I'd be glad to help.
Do you mind me asking what photo editor you use?

Thanks again for doing those.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Do you mind me asking what photo editor you use?

Thanks again for doing those.
Paint.NET

Basically, it's a free image and photo editing software ala-photoshop. A tutorial on how to make icons with it is here. Be sure to download the plugins, specifically the outliner tool.

When making icons, be sure to get a good looking selection of your character. Leave some space in and feel free to crop the top of heads and whatnot.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Paint.NET

Basically, it's a free image and photo editing software ala-photoshop. A tutorial on how to make icons with it is here. Be sure to download the plugins, specifically the outliner tool.

When making icons, be sure to get a good looking selection of your character. Leave some space in and feel free to crop the top of heads and whatnot.
Thanks for that. Trust me, my other edits are better than these, but I was working with a confined space and time on these.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thanks for that. Trust me, my other edits are better than these, but I was working with a confined space and time on these.
Also, the feather tool is useful for black sprite outlines and white backgrounds that still leave a trace of themselves around after deletion. The old feather specifically.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'd like Hisstocrat:

and Motley Bossblob please:

Sorry, I couldn't find a bigger transparent pic of the bossblob.

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641

I know i sent this 2 pages ago, but i really want this done so i re-sent this hoping that someone can get this done as i cant do it properly. Thank you

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Got the icon:

Can you do these as well, Pacack?
The messy white outlines are why I didn't accept it in the first place. If you could find nice images of them too, then I'd do them for the poor guy.

I know i sent this 2 pages ago, but i really want this done so i re-sent this hoping that someone can get this done as i cant do it properly. Thank you
What are you wanting?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Got the icon:

The messy white outlines are why I didn't accept it in the first place. If you could find nice images of them too, then I'd do them for the poor guy.

What are you wanting?

Thanks.
Btw how do you add characters in the game?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Got the icon:

What are you wanting?
He wants all the Koopalings in one icon, I think. Also:

Erm...

Nago
I couldn't find anything good for Pitch, but I did find Acro!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
He wants all the Koopalings in one icon, I think.
Yeah, no. Not doing that.
Also:

Erm...

Nago
I couldn't find anything good for Pitch, but I did find Acro!
I'll have to clean them up a bit, but I might be able to make good icons out of these.

EDIT: I have given up on the animal friends icons because I can't fix the bad pixels.

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Hello folks... So I'm working on this game on Fantendo called Cartoon All-Star Rumble (yep orginal name) Anyway I need some help making the icons for all of the playable characters. I, and whoever wants to help me with them is a-okay! Thanks! P.S. This is the starting roster for the game... I'll post the hidden list once I finish finalising it... Warning!: this is a pretty big list.... only do the icons if you can!
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Spongebob Squarepants
  • Patrick Star
  • Squidward Tentacles
  • Popeye
  • Olive Oyl
  • Ash Ketchum (X/Y Anime)
  • Misty (Advanced Generation Art)
  • Haruhi Suziyama
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Donald Duck
  • Daisy Duck
  • Goofy Goof
  • Homer Simpson
  • Bart Simpson
  • Peter Griffin
  • CatDog
  • Bugs Bunny
  • Daffy Duck
  • Porky Pig
  • Ranma Saotome (Male/Female)
  • Akane Tendo
  • Little Lulu
  • Mr. Magoo
  • WordGirl (I'm serious, she's playable)
  • Sir Topham Hatt (I'm serious, he's playable)
  • Edward Elric
  • Alphonse Elric (Human/Robot)
  • Revy (Black Lagoon)
  • Robin (Original Teen Titans version)
  • Static Shock (Season 3 version)
  • He-Man (2002 version)
  • North Italy from Hetalia (Beautiful World version)
  • Germany from Hetalia (Beautiful World version)
  • Japan from Hetalia (Beautiful World version)
  • Pooh Bear
  • Tigger
  • Tenma (School Rumble)
  • Moka Akishia
  • Tsukne Ano
  • Sailor Moon (2014 anime version)
  • Tuxedo Mask (2014 anime version)
  • Sailor Mercury (2014 anime version)
  • Twilight Sparkle (Alicorn version)
  • Applejack
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Bravestarr
  • Carmen Sandiego
  • Sherlock Holmes (22nd Century version)
  • Mordecai
  • Rigby
  • Scooby-Doo
  • Shaggy
  • Fred Flintstone
  • Barney Rubble
  • Baloo Bear (TaleSpin version)
  • Princess Tiana
  • Huey Freeman
  • Riley Freeman

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Can I get a few 8-Bit icons?
Bomberman on the right
Master Higgins
Bass
Little Mac

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'd like Hisstocrat:

and Motley Bossblob please:

Sorry, I couldn't find a bigger transparent pic of the bossblob.
It looks like Pacack is busy, so you're stuck with me.

Here's what I came up with:

Sorry they're so bad, it's the best I could come up with based on your images. I tried my best. You can tell me what you'd like changed, or you can wait until Pacack is free.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It looks like Pacack is busy, so you're stuck with me.

Here's what I came up with:

Sorry they're so bad, it's the best I could come up with based on your images. I tried my best. You can tell me what you'd like changed, or you can wait until Pacack is free.
They aren't bad at all! Hisstocrat is great, bossblob could maybe be a bit bigger in the icon, but it doesn't really matter.

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice

Can, you, uh... make that Snake an icon for me? Please tell me you see this eventually.
At the time I got this I was stuck with the not-transparent one but here it is, it was actually kinda hilarious so I made it ASAP.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
They aren't bad at all! Hisstocrat is great, bossblob could maybe be a bit bigger in the icon, but it doesn't really matter.
I'll get right on that. Give me a few minutes!

EDIT: Is this more of what you had in mind?

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Can I have a Zoidberg named Why Not Both please? It'll really come in handy.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've been putting off adding icons to my roster since page twenty-something. Well, this is going to take a while...

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Someone make these please.

Sonic.exe
I tried using the picture you gave me, and also a sort of 3D render of Sonic.exe. Let me tell you, there aren't many good images for Sonic.exe roster icons out there on Google Images.

Yours:
3D Render:

Last edited:

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
Hmm, I'm kind of interested in icons for Reimu and Marisa from Touhou. I'm so glad Danbooru has a "Transparent background" tag.

Reimu:

Marisa:

EDIT: Whoops. Didn't notice the Reimu one earlier in the thread. Search isn't telling me anything about a Marisa icon, though, so that one might still be fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom